8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: 2008 San Antonio Livestock Show $17,000 Added Barrels & Poles  (Read 16979 times)

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
  • Lindsey & Captain 2009 GCBRA Finals Grand Entry
    • www.starsbarrelandpolehorses.com
Re: 2008 San Antonio Livestock Show $17,000 Added Barrels & Poles
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2008, 04:10:10 PM »
can you still enter this barrel race. I forgot about the deadline and missed it. Was in my own little world.

You can still enter online with NO LATE FEE until Jan. 20th....no more mail in entries, online or cash at the show!  :()& 
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster hand; They go to the one who trusts in God and always thinks "I CAN"!

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
  • The WORD works for those who work the WORD!!
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2008, 06:56:40 PM »
can you still enter this barrel race. I forgot about the deadline and missed it. Was in my own little world.

You can still enter online with NO LATE FEE until Jan. 20th....no more mail in entries, online or cash at the show!  :()& 

Well oopsee!! I was trying to make us some margarita money...... (woohoo)  At least I had the 20th correct!!
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2008, 12:06:52 PM »
who all is entered?
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2008, 03:34:43 PM »
At last count today.....we had 260 pre entries for San Antonio...entries are open online with NO LATE FEE until Jan. 20th!!!!   :TIGGER:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 03:36:53 PM by Shelley Millis »
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster hand; They go to the one who trusts in God and always thinks "I CAN"!

Offline luckyr

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2008, 03:46:36 PM »
 :cheeze: :cheeze: :cheeze: :cheeze: :cheeze: :cheeze: :cheeze: :cheeze: :cheeze:
This is going to be A GREAT BARREL RACE!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2008, 06:19:33 PM »
 :)/\\

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2008, 09:35:45 PM »
OH that is GREAT!!!   >THUD<  We gonna have a big one!!! :see-ya:

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2008, 06:55:00 AM »
 [..]

Sounds like I will be using the San Antonio Expo Horse Show Exhibitors Hospitality Room coffee pot quite a bit!!!!   :ROFL2:  Seriously.....breakfast, lunch, beverages for all barrel racing exhibitors right next to the announcer stand rocks!!!  <ROCKON>
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 06:56:46 AM by Shelley Millis »

Offline Judy Geary

• Veteran Member
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2008, 10:34:46 AM »
Added money and they're going to feed us?  WOW, talk about hospitality for barrel racers!!!

Offline txnbhabarrelracer

• Extreme Member
  • Cowgirls are born not made!
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2008, 10:50:24 AM »
I have run at this race for several years. Just to give yall some background information on it. They do not allow you to stay in your trailers because there are no RV hookups on grounds available. You have to have a stall for your horse because they don't want you hauling in and out. You can't tack up at your trailer because trailer parking is limited and not enough space between trailers to tie up. They have shuttle service to take your tack back and forth to your trailer or you can rent a tack stall. Just a suggestion but don't leave tack unattended in a tack stall. I had a saddle stolen at this show several years ago, and it was in the stall with my horse chained on a saddle rack. The ground at this event is great, and they run it fast. You don't have a big warm up area behind arena so might want to warm up early. The outside pen is good but kinda small so might want to warm up early during open arena times. It is a great event because there is lots to do at the show between events. The added money is good, and usually has a good number of entries. Be sure you have all your paperwork up to date because can't get in the gate without it. There are plenty of good hotels near by that are off I-35 that are easy to get to from the arena. This is a great race, so hope to see yall there. They give scholarships to the youth. Last year they gave them through 3rd place, not sure if they are doing it on a average this year or not. Not sure about youth, senior or pole events because I don't run in those classes. Hope this helps yall out.
Life without horses I don't think so!

Offline Joleta Jane

• Veteran Member
  • My Guys!!!
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2008, 01:18:25 PM »
 :TIGGER:
I have run at this race for several years. Just to give yall some background information on it. They do not allow you to stay in your trailers because there are no RV hookups on grounds available. You have to have a stall for your horse because they don't want you hauling in and out. You can't tack up at your trailer because trailer parking is limited and not enough space between trailers to tie up. They have shuttle service to take your tack back and forth to your trailer or you can rent a tack stall. Just a suggestion but don't leave tack unattended in a tack stall. I had a saddle stolen at this show several years ago, and it was in the stall with my horse chained on a saddle rack. The ground at this event is great, and they run it fast. You don't have a big warm up area behind arena so might want to warm up early. The outside pen is good but kinda small so might want to warm up early during open arena times. It is a great event because there is lots to do at the show between events. The added money is good, and usually has a good number of entries. Be sure you have all your paperwork up to date because can't get in the gate without it. There are plenty of good hotels near by that are off I-35 that are easy to get to from the arena. This is a great race, so hope to see yall there. They give scholarships to the youth. Last year they gave them through 3rd place, not sure if they are doing it on a average this year or not. Not sure about youth, senior or pole events because I don't run in those classes. Hope this helps yall out.

Thanks for all the info.  It is going to be a great barrel race, hope to see a bunch of those familiar faces we see at the state show!!!
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keep you strong, Sorrows keep you human, Failures keep you humble, Success keeps you glowing....
But only God keeps you Going!!!!

Believe it, Conceive it, and you will Receive it!!

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2008, 03:15:34 PM »
Yep, good info.  There will be 3 scholarships given to the Youth Barrels (see premium book for detail), there are nice Custom Tack awards, Gist Buckles, blankets, etc. for all other class awards!!! Very nice stuff!

As a rule...anytime I have gone out of town to a show that I had to have a tack stall for, I also keep a lock & key handy!  You never know where there is a thief lurking around! 

Offline luckyr

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2008, 08:27:49 AM »
Only 14 days till the crew leaves to get this race started!!!!!!!!!!!   :look: <ROCKON>

Offline Rodeo Mom

• Dinosaur!
  • Huckleberry's Xtreme Barrel Race Jan 2 Bryan, Texa
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2008, 10:00:12 AM »
San Antonio here we come.....Hope they are ready for the Rowdy Bunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >SHOCKED< >SHOCKED< >SHOCKED<
We are ready for the party!!!!! >:D
Takin' barrel racing to the Xtreme.....

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2008, 11:19:56 AM »
 <ROCKON>