8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Humphrey Benefit...... Packing Up And Getting Ready For WBR @ CONROE!!!!!!!  (Read 16332 times)

Offline Rodeo Mom

• Dinosaur!
  • Huckleberry's Xtreme Barrel Race Jan 2 Bryan, Texa
Re: Bids on Items @ Humphrey Benefit (updated Feb 2)
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2008, 06:06:51 PM »
Birds and Puppies  I can't wait.  Ihad birds all my life as a lady raised them by the hundreds down the street and she let me play with them as babies and always had one!!!!!.  They are great for bed rooms so you have a friend.  Puppies are always soooo cute.....See everyone Sunday at the Humphrey Race
Takin' barrel racing to the Xtreme.....

Offline humphreygirls

• Veteran Member
  • Christmas 2007
« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2008, 09:00:41 PM »
new update on Jas:
went back to neurologist today and they did a CT scan, he said there is still substantial blood on the brain but it is not currently bleeding.  he said that her body will absorb the blood but it will take time.  she has dark circles under her eyes and this is why.  he said it could take a year for all the blood to absorb.  he said her head should still be treated as very fragile!  we were concerned about a bump or knot that was on her head near her hair line.  we learned today that it is a plastic plate that he inserted during surgery to hold the portion of the skull that was removed during surgery back in place.  this plastic plate and the stitches holding it to her skull will dissolve in time also! wow i did not know they could do such a thing, that is awesome!  he said that he chose the plastic plate over the metal one because the metal one is held by screws and it is more painful, permanent and you would be able to feel it.... plus she would be setting off some security devices!  she was very saddened to hear that she still can not ride her horses or participate in gymnastics which is her 2 favorite things in the whole world...  she can not participate in PE at school either, she said that makes her feel weird and different and wasn't thrilled about that either.  we will return for another CT scan in early march.  we are hoping at this time that the bone is attaching and the blood is absorbing as it should.   We are just thankful that Jas is the same ole jazzy and is going to be just fine!  Jessica is thankful that jas will be fine and is looking forward to keeping her horses in shape.  Jas gave her the ok to ride them today after returning from the doctor.  Jazzy's goal is to be back in the saddle by youth world in July.  I just wanted to thank everyone for all the prayers and generosity shown during jazzy's recovery.  :TIGGER:
humphreygirls

Offline bcook

• Veteran Member
  • caylee at wrapn3 finals
« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2008, 09:06:49 PM »
 :TIGGER:thats good news :TIGGER:

Offline luckyr

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2008, 07:58:17 AM »
Great news Jody, please keep us updated on her.  We will continue to keep Jass and the whole family in our prayers.

Offline Rodeo Mom

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2008, 08:20:04 AM »
Great news from he Humhrey Girls....Hope things will turn around for them.  Jasmine's time off will be qik and a full recovey is the main thing.  I know that is hard for a child but lots of movies and dvd's hopefully can fill the gap.  Hermann was a great hospital for Jazz especially the dissolving plastic instead of metal.  I have never even heard of dissolving plastic...I guess that is why I am not a brain surgeon.

LUV :HUGS&KISSES: :WUVS YA: >LUV U< <FUR-U> <CANDY> <LUV> >LUV U< BIGKISS >loveya< :HUGS&KISSES: LUV <HUGS> <CANDY> <THANK-YOU> ~:() BIGKISS :HUGS&KISSES: >LUVU< >loveya< <FUR-U> <LUV> >loveya< <CANDY> <THANK-YOU> ~:() >LUV U< :WUVS YA: :HUGS&KISSES: <HUGS> LUV <LUV> LUV <FUR-U> >loveya< >LUVU<

Love you girls a bunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline themurphy6

• Elite Member
« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2008, 08:46:29 AM »
Great news Jasmin!! Great doctors and being surrounded by the MANY families (the Berbs) that love you like their own sure can help with a great recovery. It was so good to see you hanging out at the last barrel race and see Jess back up on the ponies.  It looks like it is going to be beautiful day for the benefit race.  We have three horses out right now with abscesses, if they get better by Sunday we will be there!

Offline Rodeo Mom

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2008, 06:31:00 PM »
Thanks Murphys you always are there for everyone and hope you get to make it Sunday.  Abcesses are so fustrating they can last two days or two months.....This weather isn't helping.....Hope you girls are back riding asap.  What a run you had last time I saw you in Wharton.....AWESOME!!! :see-ya:

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2008, 09:17:36 AM »
Thanks for the update!!  I'm so glad to hear that she is doing better!
Capps Cowboy Leatherwerx     Saddle & Tack Repair     Custom Items Built

Offline Rodeo Mom

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2008, 09:42:18 AM »
The doctor even told her she could do one cartwheel ever now and then just to satisfy her craving for gymnastics. 
She has to be healing nicely for the dr to give her that compensation....Hopefully she will make youth World to ride....
Sunday is the day to help out her and her family.  If you have a heart come out ride, eat and shop!!!!!  Our most favorite things to do  ride, eat and shop!!!!!

Offline DEB BARNES

• TRUELY BLESSED
  • Fossil
  • RIDING ON FAITH
« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2008, 11:12:54 AM »
i have a mini dashound that i was going to give away would you guys like to have him to auction off i can bathe him put his little jacket on him and bring him sunday if you want...let me know heres my email  [email protected]
HAVE FAITH GOD WILL SEE YOU THRU...

Offline canchasinroper

• Veteran Member
  • Whoa d@#%it!
« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2008, 02:38:16 PM »
HI EVERYONE..

We would like to respectfully request that no one bring any items on Sunday that has not been coordinated and discussed with Kayla. 

At this time, the auction has grown to nearly unmanageable status and our trailers are full of stuff that we will need to control until the auction end on March 2... it is going to be a chore on Sunday, so please bear with us.

We appreciate everyone's donations and willingness to help, and the benefit is sure to be a huge success. Thank you for your cooperation!
:-D

Offline Ronda

« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2008, 07:18:58 PM »
Kayla can I bring Bobbie Bobble Bird? and have him in the auction on Sunday?  I had asked Sharon and she thought it would be fine...didn't know what else to do. :((((.  I just can't keep it until March 2nd.
let me know.

Bobbie is doing acrobatics in his cage now. he climbs up and slides down or he get's to the top and hangs by one foot.  So funny!!

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
  • The WORD works for those who work the WORD!!
« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2008, 08:16:42 PM »
Kayla can I bring Bobbie Bobble Bird? and have him in the auction on Sunday?  I had asked Sharon and she thought it would be fine...didn't know what else to do. :((((.  I just can't keep it until March 2nd.
let me know.

Bobbie is doing acrobatics in his cage now. he climbs up and slides down or he get's to the top and hangs by one foot.  So funny!!
Yes Ronda you may bring the bird.. BUT if no one takes the bait on him. I CAN NOT take him home.. My 2 house cats would think I brought them a tasty treat..  Donna Thames has expressed an intrest in the bird for her grand daughter but can't make the barrel race on sunday.. So if she gets the bid maybe you can meet her at a GCBRA or something..
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2008, 09:32:03 AM »
Rodeomom..i need to pick up my briskets and rack early around 9:00 or 9:30am tomorrow..will that be ok?
can't wait till May!!!

Offline humphreygirls

• Veteran Member
  • Christmas 2007
« Reply #104 on: February 09, 2008, 05:34:25 PM »
if donna gets the bird, i can meet her with it on sunday or monday.  just let me know. :)/\\
humphreygirls