8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Closed
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open!
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 1

Author Topic: Two barrel saddles stolen  (Read 16410 times)

Offline fastkidd1

• Extreme Member
Two barrel saddles stolen
« on: February 17, 2008, 07:21:49 PM »
Saturday, Feb. 16 I was at a CTBRA in Salado and two of my saddles were stolen out of my trailer. 
One saddle is a Twister barrel saddle with TK on the skirt and fully tooled.  The other is a Lynn McKenzie barrel saddle with star conchos and it's fully tooled also.
Please help me find these saddles...Money will be rewarded if found!

Thank you,
Tammy Kidd-Coward
817-343-4361 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 10:22:03 AM by fastkidd1 »

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
  • The WORD works for those who work the WORD!!
Re: Two barrel saddles stolen
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 07:45:54 PM »
UGGGGHHHH     <IMSOMAD>    I HATE A THIEF!!!  Do you have any pictures you could post?  Contact the local horse sales and let them know with a description.  I have been bad about leaving my tack unlocked but I guess this is another wake up call to "LOCK YOUR TACK UP"
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline onehorseaday

• Extreme Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 11:21:52 PM »
Contact CTBRA. They can send out an email to all of their members. Maybe someone saw the thief around your trailer and didn't know what was going on. It's worth a try.
"if the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, you are not watering yours enough"

Offline Christi

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 04:37:07 AM »
I emailed this info to Greg with CTBRA.  I'm sure he will let everyone know via email asap. 
I hope someone finds these saddles and >POSTAL< this thief!

edited to add....Tammy, if you have pictures of these saddles, please post them.

‎"Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy."
~ Norman Vincent Peale

Offline Christi

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 08:46:40 AM »
I just got a reply from Greg, he has emailed everyone on the CTBRA mailing list.  :)/\\
‎"Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy."
~ Norman Vincent Peale

Offline trickyricky

• Mega Member
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 10:00:29 AM »
I am so sorry this happend to you. That happend to me when I was in high school at a high school rodeo. My tack room was shut, but someone helped themselves to some of my bridals and some of my training equipment. I really hate thieves too. I am so sorry it was your saddles though. Those aren't so easy to replace. I hope they find this person and you get your stuff back. I will be thiking about you. :no:   :((((

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 10:28:38 AM »
Contact local pawn shops ASAP!!....my guess is they will get rid of them fast, and pawn shops would be their first stop.  I would guess they would not be stupid enough to ride around in stolen saddles....but crooks are stupid.  :nahnah:
So sorry that happened to you!!!  <(::)>
Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely.

Offline fastkidd1

• Extreme Member
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 10:31:15 AM »
Thanks for all the replies...Unfortunatly I do not have any pictures of these saddles.  I wish I did now!
I have pictures of me running barrels using these saddles but you can't see the saddles enough to get any more info that what I've posted.
I did contact the police and I did file a report.  I'm going to visit all the pawn shops around the area and contact some others.  I'm also going to try and go to some tack sales.
Thanks again for all ya'lls help!!
Tammy

Offline brrlrace4life

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 04:50:50 PM »
ahhh that stinks!
well hopefully you'll find it!
report it to the po-pos!
lovelovelove taliaaa.

Offline Christi

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 09:09:13 PM »
bump  :cheeze:
~ Norman Vincent Peale

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 09:19:55 PM »
Same thing was reported as happening at the first CTBRA of the year in January. I am not sure what the total number was, but when I was getting ready to run (sometime around #80) they kept making announcements about saddles being stolen.

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Offline fastkidd1

• Extreme Member
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 09:42:41 PM »
Yeah, I remember hearing about someones saddles gettin stolen at Belton too.
I wonder if they got them back??
I really hope they find these jerks!!!

Offline Christi

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 08:29:27 AM »
I know there was one certain person in particular that was stealing saddles at some of the CTBRA shows & I do believe she was caught.  But, just in case this is the same person, keep an eye on for saddles for sale on the internet!

I'm headed to town this morning, Tammy....I'm gonna check out some places while I'm running errands.
~ Norman Vincent Peale

Offline debandbeau

• Da Sheriff
  • Mega Member
  • Home of the Brave!
    • Tahitian NONI Juice
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 09:31:28 AM »
It's a sad thing, but pretty soon, we'll be having to hire off-duty police or security to patrol the grounds while we have a barrel race!  That really makes me sad, because barrel racers have always been like my family.......and it only takes a few bad apples to ruin a good thing..............

Hope you find your saddles. 
"The ONLY thing that should be on your mind when you go down that alleyway is doing the best you can to help your horse do the best he can."     Kappy Allen

www.tahitiannoni.com/rodeo

Offline canchasin Cindy

• Mega Member
  • Ride hard and believe in yourself.
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 11:28:16 AM »
Hope ya get your saddle back. just another reminder that everything we buy, we'll have to take pix of just because of lousy thieves!  We work hard for what we have and somebody else gets by using our hard earned equipment and we trust too much by leaving things not under lock and key.  Good luck in getting your stuff back!  I live in NY but will keep my ears open for them.  never know~
"life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy @#!%, what a ride!" Mavis Leyrer age 83