8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Closed
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open!
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 1

Author Topic: Two barrel saddles stolen  (Read 16414 times)

Offline ~Kara Elaine~

• check out my site! www.smokeminstyle.com
  • Dinosaur!
  • my B52 Bomber
    • smokem in style performance horses
Re: Two barrel saddles stolen
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 11:55:45 AM »
Im so sorry about this!! some people just make me want to cuss!  (XXX)  Selfish inconsiderate people that are too lazy to work hard for their own stuff and lie cheat and steal their way through life! I hope these losers are caught and I will keep my eyes open for your saddles!
A fool and their money, soon have more horse than they can handle

Offline wendyb

• Elite Member
  • Britt at WBR 2007
    • Visit our store online...
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 04:58:42 PM »
I just sent a note to our drill team members as well as our store mailing list - there are lost of horse-type people on that list...  so if you get any calls from the Lazy B mailing list - that is where it came from.

Sure hope you get them back...  we are HORRIBLE about leaving the trailer unlocked ourselves.  I will definately take some pictures this week though...

Wendy
Have openings for consignment saddles
http://www.lazybgeneralstore.com
Carrying brands such as *Wrangler*Ariat*Cinch*Cruel Girl*Weaver*Circle Y*Saddle Barn*Double H*Boulet*John Deere*Corky's*Yellow Box*Bar H*Breyer
Special Orders Welcome

Offline wendyb

• Elite Member
  • Britt at WBR 2007
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 05:06:21 PM »
Hope this is o.k. to post - but you can list it on netposse.com as well - they have a list of stolen tack/trailers/horses, etc...
Carrying brands such as *Wrangler*Ariat*Cinch*Cruel Girl*Weaver*Circle Y*Saddle Barn*Double H*Boulet*John Deere*Corky's*Yellow Box*Bar H*Breyer
Special Orders Welcome

Offline Christi

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 06:21:03 PM »
 *:o
‎"Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy."
~ Norman Vincent Peale

Offline fastkidd1

• Extreme Member
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2008, 06:58:44 PM »
Thank you once again to all the kind replies!!
I contacted the Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Assoc. today and they are going to help find my saddles.
Christi, thank you so much for checking the local pawn shops!
Also, a special thanks to Jamye Wall for letting be borrow her barrel saddle for now!

Thanks again!

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2008, 08:51:49 PM »
Keep us updated.....with details if you do catch her.

I'm pretty good about keeping my stuff locked up. Just paranoid I guess, but at Belton, when I heard about stuff getting stolen (rather quickly a lot of stuff got reported) I even went out and locked my horses in my trailer. I wasn't going to leave them tied to the trailer anyhow (we were parked on the asphalt) but I keep enough padlocks in my trailer to lock all the doors that don't have built in locks.

That's sad, but better safe than sorry.
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2008, 09:03:40 PM »
Well, NOTE to all theives. My Tack room is LOCKED and My Heeler BITES, so, if you attempt to come near my truck....You will walk away wounded. Yup, Colt 45  is living up to his name!!!! So, I recommend that everyone get a good traveling partner and tie him up to your trailer when you might be distracted!!! They are everywhere!!!!!  <IMSOMAD> This is why I got my first heeler Ruger cause in HS I had some  (XXX) peeps steal a $300 headstall that my first horse won. It was never found and it broke my heart. Luckily some kiddos who ran at SRRC had several and let me trade another award for one to make up for the loss.  (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) But, still. Be on ALERT!!! <IMSOMAD> I think Ruger made his aquaitaince with some peeps who got too close a time or two cause he was cowering cause they broke a beer bottle over his head.  <IMSOMAD> <IMSOMAD> <IMSOMAD> Well, that just made him even more sneaky. He would hide under the trailer and wait till they got too close and scare the daylights out of them!!!  :)/\\ Now, he is gone, but, Colt 45 is well on his way to filling those shoes and has already scared some stupid kids who decided to pet the "pony" who happened to be my two year old stud....... <IMSOMAD> <IMSOMAD> <IMSOMAD>

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2008, 09:22:05 PM »
Unfortunately, dogs aren't allowed at all barrel races and most of the time they are to be on leashes so that isn't the greatest security system. It's also a liability for yourself (especially if they are that aggressive and aren't tied up SHORT).

It works great at home though....I've 4 Aussies just for that reason and they are all mean. Hereditary. LOL!!
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2008, 09:35:55 PM »
They stay on a short leash and for the most part, they bark and scare peeps more than anything. Ruger, would lay under the trailer (tied to the bumper hitch) and would not make a sound until someone touched the truck or trailer. He would then jump up and BARK. Yeah, I am sure there have been grown men that peed their pants, but, they would defiantly back off. Very rarely would anyone get close enough to get licked.....LOL. But, yeah, I also have a sign made for the trailer that says THE DOG BITES. He was always gentle with the kids, just would scare them cause he would "come out of know where". Yes, all dogs must be on a leash at any barrel race!!!  <DUMMY ME> <DUMMY ME>

Offline wendyb

• Elite Member
  • Britt at WBR 2007
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2008, 08:43:02 AM »
We usually take our curr dog with us - she is really sweet, but doesn't look that way.  I always tell Theresa that I take the dog with us so that someone sees Lucy getting in the trailer, they will go to her trailer and leave mine alone...  I do have to remind myself to lock-up.  It is so much easier to be trusting and not lock, but this is a great reminder.

Also - when we stop somewhere to eat - I lock EVERYTHING - living quarters, tack, horses.  I have nightmares about finding someone in the living quarters or taking the horses out and turning them loose or stealing them.

Wendy
Special Orders Welcome

Offline Christi

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2008, 08:25:58 AM »
Bump for the weekend  <COLOR GRIN>
‎"Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy."
~ Norman Vincent Peale