8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: What's your "pet peeves" ???  (Read 6721 times)

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
  • The WORD works for those who work the WORD!!
Re: What's your "pet peeves" ???
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2008, 10:31:11 PM »
I think everyone should have to go to a cutting and what them warm their horses up.  The ones walking on the inside, trotters in the middle, lopers on the out.   They are very respectful of the others warming up (even the kids).  The warm up pen at a barrel race should be walkers on the outside but not 5 wide, trotters and lopers on the inside and everyone try to go the same direction.  If you need to go the other way ask if everyone is ready to change.  It would be fantastic to have a warm up pen etiquette class for barrel racers instead of everyone thinking that the only thing to do is whip and run.

Ditto Hardtimes!! Cuttings are the most organized clutsters I have ever seen!! Unlike the helter skelter at a barrel racer.
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline stormyblaze

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2008, 10:35:26 PM »
My pet peeve is cell phones. I cant stand to see folks riding around talking on the phone. I understand if you need to make a quick call but riding around in the warm up pen slowly &just chatting away really urks me. Leave the phone in the truck & enjoy your time on your horse. Give them youre attention. you want theirs dont you.
 yeah I agree that kids can be hazardous in the alleyway & warm up pen but that goes back to parenting dont you think. Or lack of. People need to keep up with their kids.
 And another thing that gets on my nerves is how some people think they know everything about barrel racing, horses etc. & they look down & make fun of others that may be new to the sport or not as finacially able. sure it takes $$ to barrel race & maintain your horses but you dont have to have all the fancy stuff to be able to compete & be good at it.  A lot of folks dont  have all the knowledge & know how like some of the seasoned barrel racers but give them time they will figure it out.  I could say more on this because I hear & see alot but I think I will stop now.
My definition of a successful ride is if I'm still on the horse when he comes out of the alley

Offline newbarrelmom

• Novice Member
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2008, 09:28:24 AM »
1) I have a 7 year old that barrel races and is being taught respect to other riders, horses, and other peoples space by staying out of the way, to the outside, in the middle, which ever the case may be, but what about the adults who think they are warming up for the NFR.  They come running up on her a@%, and choose to run into her.  The warm up pins are just CRAZY...  Tha adults at some races are just as bad as some of the kids....

2) If you find a friend and want to visit get out of the warm up pen...

Offline cjakerock

• Mega Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2008, 10:46:26 AM »
I had this happen over the weekend:  I had my stud horse tied up in a pen so that he would not be in the way or around anything because he is head shy for some unknown reason and this girl was going into the arena to exhibition her horse for barrels and the horse was acting up.   So, she starts whipping the horse with the over and under and scares my horse and so of course he sits back and then falls on his side with saddle and all.  Then she does not even have the nerve to tell me about someone else comes up to me an tells me what happen.  People do not have any respect for others horses.   I know the person saw him starting to sit back and just continued to whip her horse.   >MEAN< >MEAN<  My horse seems to be fine I ran the Laser Light on him to try and take some soreness away before I ran in the open.
Okay, let me get this right, just asking a question, don't flame me.  You had your horse tied in a pen in the alley?  Or in the access to the alley?  And he is head shy and someone who was having problems with their horse is at fault?  This is a pet peeve of mine, was there not somewhere away from the alley to tie your horse?  Maybe in a pen on the other end?  Again, just asking.  Personally I would never tie a horse, one that is broke to death or having problems (needing seasoning etc) or whatever near the alley.  To much crap goes on.  Even being in a pen.
Till we meet again, I love you Dad 1/25/35 - 4/30/11

Offline jsbrichards

• Extreme Member
  • PuffDaddy
    • Cowgirl Corral
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2008, 11:04:03 AM »
Well on a more positive note, I would like to say how great all the barrel racers at Sulphur last tues were when Theda was hurt. People offered to help and were soo kind. Thanks to all the thoughtful B racers!!!
 :see-ya:
Ride like your hair is on fire!

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2008, 11:07:17 AM »
Not enough Booger  >PICK NOSE< !!!!!!!  :ROFL2: :ROFL2:
Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely.

Offline jsbrichards

• Extreme Member
  • PuffDaddy
    • Cowgirl Corral
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2008, 11:21:31 AM »
 ???
Ride like your hair is on fire!

Offline Bobby L. Barter

• Booger Eater
  • Posse Member
  • Mega Member
  • Me and My Boys
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2008, 11:27:31 AM »
Not enough Booger  >PICK NOSE< !!!!!!!  :ROFL2: :ROFL2:
My pet peeve is that I have not been shown any pictures of Kerrie when she was in Vegas during the NFR. I have heard rumors that she had a VERY GOOD TIME. >:D :yes: rofl (:0))) :see-ya:

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2008, 11:29:02 AM »
You bet I did!!!!!!!  Pictures would not do justice!!!!!  >:D

Offline Bobby L. Barter

• Booger Eater
  • Posse Member
  • Mega Member
  • Me and My Boys
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2008, 11:31:49 AM »
You bet I did!!!!!!!  Pictures would not do justice!!!!!  >:D
Did you really win a POLE DANCING CONTEST ?

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2008, 11:33:05 AM »
OMG!!!!! Were you there!!!!!  :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

Offline Bobby L. Barter

• Booger Eater
  • Posse Member
  • Mega Member
  • Me and My Boys
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2008, 11:36:37 AM »
OMG!!!!! Were you there!!!!!  :ROFL2: :ROFL2:
Yes I was there and took some pictures. I am waiting for the right time to post them, rofl rofl :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :see-ya:

Offline thamesranch

• Jackass Hunter
  • Mega Member
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2008, 11:38:06 AM »
Pictures...........Barter likes pictures.  I wonder who reads the words for him, since he only likes the pictures.  
My pet peeve is Booger Barter will not give everyone a truck at his barrel races.  He is being discriminating giving one only to the fastest run.  We all ride as fast as we can, shouldn't we all be rewarded?  I guess he could give us each a "picture" of a truck.

And I still want banana puddin' and Star Bucks at the concession stand.
Just think :  Eating nanner puddin', drinking some strong Star Bucks, and lookin' at a "picture" of a truck..........life would be so good at the barrel race.

But heck maybe a picture of Kerrie pole dancing would be good too!  I never danced with a pole .............is it like dancing with a broom?
Do it right, or get off the Horse.

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2008, 11:43:06 AM »
Broom......nahhhh, not quite the same  roflmao .

Scary Mr Barter........very scary.......no tellin' what you took pictures of in Vegas.  <..>

Offline Bobby L. Barter

• Booger Eater
  • Posse Member
  • Mega Member
  • Me and My Boys
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2008, 11:47:58 AM »
Hey Thamesranch You left something at the last barrelrace. I will post a picture of it later this afternoon.  :ROFL2: :ROFL2: