8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: What's your "pet peeves" ???  (Read 6722 times)

Offline Brandy Hempen

• Extreme Member
  • RAGS TO RICHES AT THE BELMONT
Re: What's your "pet peeves" ???
« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2008, 03:35:17 PM »
They are my freinds and I help them with there horses we had a good time on friday only the one that ran on saturday went and when the hole blow up was going on the mother said now you know what i put up with

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2008, 03:39:20 PM »
Oh  (XXX) no!  When the mom said that I probably would have just lost it!  Instead of correcting her daughters she was making excuses for them.  The reason she "puts up" them acting that way is because SHE lets them get away with it.  I certainly would have pointed that little fact out to her.  I know they are your friends, but why should you put up with something from someone elses kids that you wouldn't put up with from your own.  You need to have a talk with them mom and let you know you don't appreciate being spoken to that way by her girls and will not tolerate it in the future.  If that doesn't fix the problem they can find someone else haul them to a barrel race.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 03:41:54 PM by turnincircles »
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.

Offline Brandy Hempen

• Extreme Member
« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2008, 03:55:39 PM »
the youngest will not go with me

Offline sdelgado

• Veteran Member
« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2008, 03:58:55 PM »
cjakerock - No, the horse was not tied up right by the alleyway.  He was in the pens that you have to go thru the alley to get to.  She was in the arena not even near the alley nor barrels because her horse would not go toward the barrel pattern and was off to the right of the alley when her horse started acting up.  My problem is that she should school at home and not whip on the horse there and have it rearing up and running off with her in the arena.  As you stated come on people have some common courtesy!!

Offline Brandy Hempen

• Extreme Member
« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2008, 04:21:23 PM »
Scat
 when she was tell me off ask her if she had water and told her to back off but she didnt stop

Offline DOHorsewmn

• Elite Member
  • Finishing a GREAT DAY!
« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2008, 04:39:55 PM »
I would have just been the mother - and told mom well if you want to haul with me (friends or no friends) you will give that horse water or else and if you give me any lip I'll knock the crap out of you and said that while I looked at mom - who if she lets kids run all over her probably would not have said a word.  No way I let kids talk to me that way - mom or not there.  If mom gets upset she'll just get over it.  As far as the horse not getting water - I've even told kids (and a few adults) if I notice no water - hey why don't you water that horse - if they say anything I say well your vet bills but if I find out about it I will call SPCA and report you.

I'm sorry I am nice to a point but a horses welfare comes before all else in my book.  People will either get over it or not.  Animals are defenseless and when people act ignorant then you have to educate them. 
Punctuality is the virtue of the bored.
  - Evelyn Waugh
"Only a man's character is the real criteron of worth"  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2008, 05:07:51 PM »
OMG what about when someone wants to haul with you but never offers to help with the fuel??? I have good friends now that always offer and I try to do my best to help of half the fuel, but dang, with fuel being close to 3.70 a gallon, um, yeah, I think I rather not pull ya cuz you aint gonna help with the cost of fuel!!! OH< its no one that I haul with now BTW...So dont anyone get offended, just peeps in the past...  <IMSOMAD> <IMSOMAD> <IMSOMAD>

As far as peoples kids, yeah, I am mother when they haul. In fact, I tell my lesson kids in front of their parent that when you are on my horse and on my property, you are to listen to ME....... No matter what your mother says, I am queen of the ranch. Yup, and you better say yes mam and no mam... :)/\\