8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Keep Josie's Jockey in your prayers!!!  (Read 17488 times)

Offline canchasin Cindy

• Mega Member
  • Ride hard and believe in yourself.
Re: Keep Josie's Jockey in your prayers!!!
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2008, 12:56:38 PM »
JJ- so very sorry for your loss!  Jackson was such a beautiful horse...   Prayers for both of you..
"life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy @#!%, what a ride!" Mavis Leyrer age 83

Offline canchasinroper

• Veteran Member
  • Whoa d@#%it!
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2008, 01:42:14 PM »
Marie, let me know if we can help.

There will be a bake sale/silent auction at Jack Brooks on Saturday at the Gulf Coast race..

Offline Janet Gubert

• Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2008, 01:59:03 PM »
Members of GCBRA is setting up a Silent Auction to raise money for Kayla's mega vet bill. Come support a fellow barrelracer!
We need items like-baked goods, tack, gift certificates....Ooh and your check book. Thanks for your support.

Offline Txsweetie

• I'm Loving It....
  • Dinosaur!
  • It is what it is..................
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2008, 02:28:10 PM »
Many prayers!!!!!! (((((((HUGS))))))))
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.  -Dr. Suess

Downthealley

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2008, 02:33:33 PM »

many prayers for your healing!

Hope a lot of money is raised to help with your vet bill

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
  • The WORD works for those who work the WORD!!
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2008, 02:48:22 PM »
Oh I am just in tears!   upset because of the pneumonia and feel like poop, upset I called the widow of Mr Jack who gave me Jackson and we cried about Jack & Jackson.. Worried because I know Waller will be dogging me for the money immediately    :! and missing work today.  Balanced my check book  >SHOCKED< (and that didn't take long) Was fixing to go dig out my fish-net stockings and stiletto  heels and find a street corner to work  (woohoo)      But I know I have some of the best friends in the world!    <NOT WORTHY>   Between those that I have known for years and those I have met through ebarrelracing and the Humphrey Benefit!  Anything over the $840 will be donated back to Gulf Coast Barrel Racing Association for year end awards!  I will try to feel better and come out to Jack Brooks on Saturday.. Hope to see everyone there!!   And I made a promise to Jackson I would not replace him I would get the cobwebs off Bubba and get him back in shape and go back to hauling him........  (so all my friends need to stay on me about legging him back up)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 02:50:41 PM by josies jockey »
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2008, 04:04:56 PM »
 :TIGGER: :TIGGER:
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline Woodys Mama

• Dinosaur!
  • Woody Rock'n & Roll'n
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2008, 04:22:01 PM »
you can do it!!!!!
Live life like you were dying, let the people and animals CLOSE to you know you love them!!!

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2008, 05:27:11 PM »
Count me in on a homemade cake.  Chocolate cake with cream cheese filling with chocolate chips and chopped pecans on top.  YUMMY!  It is a cake my mammaw used to make and it was my favorite!
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2008, 05:30:41 PM »
Count me in on a homemade cake.  Chocolate cake with cream cheese filling with chocolate chips and chopped pecans on top.  YUMMY!  It is a cake my mammaw used to make and it was my favorite!
   :lets eat: :lets eat:
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 05:34:24 PM by gbacres »
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2008, 05:32:14 PM »

<DUMMY ME> Hey Shelley how many pans of "Kayla's Brownies" would I have to make to cover the vet bill?
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline Gena Brent

• Elite Member
  • Chasin my tail!
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2008, 05:35:02 PM »
Hmm - I wouldn't do ya'll the injustice of cooking, but I'm going shopping at the Houston Expo tomorrow.  I should be able to find something fun for Kayla's auction.  That and I'll see if I can coax BB into the kitchen too!  It's raining so no Millionares but her cakes are worth fighting over!

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2008, 06:02:34 PM »

<DUMMY ME> Hey Shelley how many pans of "Kayla's Brownies" would I have to make to cover the vet bill?
Dude, if you just made 1 you could start a bidding war over them and pay for the whole darn thing!!!  Actually, make 2.  You and I will hide in the trailer and eat the second one.
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2008, 06:05:48 PM »

Dude, if you just made 1 you could start a bidding war over them and pay for the whole darn thing!!!  Actually, make 2.  You and I will hide in the trailer and eat the second one.

:ROFL2: I already thought of the 2nd pan! <DUMMY ME>

Offline Woodys Mama

• Dinosaur!
  • Woody Rock'n & Roll'n
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2008, 06:46:12 PM »
is that going 2 b this weekend??
Live life like you were dying, let the people and animals CLOSE to you know you love them!!!