8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Little Bear Arena Lampasas, Texas  (Read 6946 times)

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Little Bear Arena Lampasas, Texas
« on: March 05, 2008, 10:53:05 PM »
Little Bear Arena Lampasas, Texas for arena details <a href="http://bestarenas.com/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=38" >click here[/url]
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 11:59:28 AM by Bob Gould »
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: Little Bear Arena Lampasas, Texas
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 05:06:49 PM »
This place is AMAZING!!  Went there a few years ago.  Great facility, nice people and very good ground. 
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.

spazzyjazzy

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 10:02:09 AM »
I agree...the facilities and arena are great but I thought that Tyler Magnus bought the place and isn't leasing out the arena for barrel racing anymore?!?!?!?!  I hope I'm wrong and he is leasing it out but...

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 10:29:41 AM »
I did hear that it got sold, but didn't know to who.  That place is just amazing.  Can't say enough good stuff about it.  Sure hope they still rent it out.  That was dream place for when I win the lottery.
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.

Offline dollbaby

• Extreme Member
    • Melinda Harllee Barrel Horses
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 03:09:02 PM »
does anyone have any contact info on this arena?  the number in the "arena" page is no longer in service

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 03:17:51 PM »
I have heard it is private now but never heard or saw anything official
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 06:09:25 PM »
It is privately owned now.  Tyler bought it.  A very good friend of mine works for him.  I loved going there too.  OH well.  He has ropings in it and I don't think he is leasing it, but my friend would be able to find out.
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 04:25:34 PM »
I didn't know he bought it, but I love that place. Even considering going to the rodeo this year just because I've never run my gray horse there without getting a check in the 1D or placing in the rodeo. LOL!!!
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Offline Tx23

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 10:13:34 AM »
So....why does the for sale sign keep popping up and down..."for sale"..."under contract"..."sold"..."for sale"...I've seen the cycle at least twice!  Tyler Magnus' website says he owns it but what's the rest of the story???  Is he selling some of the land or is the arena back up for sale??  I would LOVE to barrel race in there again.  It is an awesome place!  Anybody know??

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 07:24:44 AM »
Andy Baumeister was working for him, and I think still is....Jayde Ward is his g/f and a friend of mine.  I will ask jayde this week
to ask andy about it.
I was under the impression(and I could be wrong wrong wrong!) that he did not purchase all of it---perhaps he only bought the north side which includes the arena,
barns, alot of pasture acreage and there is a house on that side that they previously used as an office or foreman's house.
I don't know that he bought the house way up on the hillside.  I can ask Jayde about renting the arena, and she could find out.
I do know he's had a few ropings, and he ropes in it daily when he's home....he may not be interested since I'm sure it is set up
now to his liking for roping steers with all his stuff in it.
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~