8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: PRAYERS FOR FELLOW BARREL RACER  (Read 21879 times)

Offline DEB BARNES

• TRUELY BLESSED
  • Fossil
  • RIDING ON FAITH
Re: PRAYERS FOR FELLOW BARREL RACER
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2008, 02:02:19 PM »
im praying for you too brhorses,...hang in there god has a purpose for you,as he does for all of us...hang tough (((((((HUGS))))))))
HAVE FAITH GOD WILL SEE YOU THRU...

Offline Txsweetie

• I'm Loving It....
  • Dinosaur!
  • It is what it is..................
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2008, 02:20:45 PM »
Many prayers for brhorses!!!!   (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS))))))))
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.  -Dr. Suess

Offline 1texascowgirl

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2008, 02:28:36 PM »
Hey br...I had that done too!  It was a cold nodule.  They just removed that thryoid and I have to take thyroid pills for the rest of my life.  I'm sure you'll have good results too.  Too many people praying.  hang in there girl.

Oh  btw...forgot to mention that if they do have to remove your thyroid, you aren't allowed any crawfish, margaritas or any type of sweets for the rest of your life.  That's the only downside!    ;)

I have no thyroid anymore and take levoxyl everyday. They told me no iodine, but no MARGARITAS? No one told me that, whats the use of living? I'm crushed!

(((((((HUGS)))))))) for you brhorses

Offline C.B.

• Extreme Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2008, 02:58:32 PM »
brhorses....good thoughts and hugs coming your way.  You know I love you and hey, what's a scar on the neck, it will just even out the rest of the scars you have!!  I have been on synthroid for about 30 years now, and I'm still kicking and doing whatever I want to!  They did not have to remove my thyroid, it just doesn't work, but I did have a tumor removed and it was benign and all was good.  Your in good hands and the power of prayer and friendship is awesome so you hang in there.  Let me know if you need anything, I can bring some Mexican food to you, it is iodine free!

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2008, 03:05:22 PM »
its the crawfisses i worry about
can't wait till May!!!

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2008, 03:42:08 PM »
 (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS))))))))
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline brhorses

• Elite Member
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2008, 03:43:49 PM »
brhorses....good thoughts and hugs coming your way.  You know I love you and hey, what's a scar on the neck, it will just even out the rest of the scars you have!!  I have been on synthroid for about 30 years now, and I'm still kicking and doing whatever I want to!  They did not have to remove my thyroid, it just doesn't work, but I did have a tumor removed and it was benign and all was good.  Your in good hands and the power of prayer and friendship is awesome so you hang in there.  Let me know if you need anything, I can bring some Mexican food to you, it is iodine free!
[/quote

Thanks girl!  That is what I keep telling everyone.........  scars don't bother me at alll!!!  I have lots of them!!!
I love you and thanks for the thoughts!!!
You have always been so nice........  I was telling someone the other day that when I first started back barrel racing I had a dumb colt I bought that wouldn't come in the pen.  Everytime I was so upset and about to give up there would come your Dad and help me in the pen.  I think when he heard them call my name it was time to come rescue me!  He was always my life saver!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 03:45:31 PM by brhorses »
Is it Friday yet???

Offline 1texascowgirl

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2008, 03:45:02 PM »
its the crawfisses i worry about

Yeah, crawfishes happens to be one of my favorites, but being seasonal, I can have them and not feel too guilty. Just can't eat too many at one time, but no ritas? That's an after barrel race tradition (in the making) and I have enjoyed having one (yes only one, well sometimes two) with my buds.

Offline TBRA

• Extreme Member
  • TBRA is a non-profit fundraising for our youth.
    • Texas Barrel Racing Association
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2008, 03:47:24 PM »
 (((((((HUGS))))))))  Prayers heading you way!!!    (((((((HUGS))))))))

<(' ')>  God loves you!!!    <(' ')>
Live, Laugh, and Love...Live for today, tomorrow may not be available.

Offline brhorses

• Elite Member
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2008, 03:48:00 PM »
I can have Ritas!!!  Julie is just messing with me!!!!   <COLOR GRIN>

I only hung up on her 4 or 5 times today trying to use my iphone!!!!    My husband buys me something he knows I am not smart enough to use!!!   <COLOR GRIN>
Is it Friday yet???

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2008, 04:51:36 PM »
well u dont understand...BRhorses..spends tues-sat at the crawfissssses hut...
can't wait till May!!!

Offline up the middle

• Mega Member
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2008, 04:56:57 PM »
maybe that's what's wrong with her thyroids!  To many crawfiss  heads all piled up around ther thryoids.

That's ok br....I hope you can get in soon.  You know, you have PLENTY of people on here that would take your ponies off your hands while you're recouperating.  We would hate for them to get out of shape! haha
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 05:05:40 PM by up the middle »
Dont blame me, I voted for the other guy

Offline brhorses

• Elite Member
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2008, 05:03:56 PM »
Hey, Deb!!!  Tues - Sunday!!!!  I never leave Sunday out!!!   <COLOR GRIN>

Hey, Middle you can have my black horse that isn't all black right now.......  He looks homeless right now with his long hair!  He is on vacation and fat and happy.  He might make the 10-D!!!    rofl
Is it Friday yet???

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2008, 05:32:07 PM »
Wishing you the best brhorses and hope you can back to riding soon.................... (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS))))))))
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline tag

• Elite Member
  • Kaitie's First Win!!!
    • Rocking Star Creations
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2008, 05:36:19 PM »
Hey! I wanted to put my 2 cents worth in here. I went through the same thing in 2000. Did the radioiodine uptake scan, needle biopsy and both came back inconclusive. They did surgery, removed 1/2 my thryoid & sent it off to be tested while I was still on the operating table. It was determined that it was cancer and they went ahead and removed the whole darn thyroid. It was papillary cancer, Stage I. I went ahead and did the radiation treatment (I might reconsider that today as there is some research possibly linking radiation treatment with breast cancer). I am cancer-free. I take Synthroid every day...well usually (when I remember). I see my endocrinologist regularly, as they like to monitor those meds often.

All is good. I didn't understand what my doctor was saying to me when he said, "Papillary cancer is the best cancer to have". I was devastated, but now, after being around others with much worse cancers, I understand what he meant. I am lucky. I cheated death, in a sense, and can live my life to it's fullest now.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. I was terrified to have them cut on my neck, but the anesthesiologist fixed me a great cocktail to make me forget all about the surgeon slitting my throat! It was the easiest surgery I've ever gone through. Don't worry too much!