8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Under currents of racism . . .  (Read 10443 times)

Offline Trouble n Texs

• Elite Member
Re: Under currents of racism . . .
« Reply #120 on: December 21, 2008, 04:26:40 PM »
I'm not gettin' per snippipdy here by any means....but aren't we ALL colored??....I've never liked that wording just because we really all are!!
Im a crayon! :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:
Now somebody come sharpen me up! :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

OH,MY LAURA U R SO ON THE MONEY,BECAUSE THAT IS JUST THE SAME WAY THAT I FEEL.......... :cheeze:
FRIENDS ARE LIKE A TREE,SOME ARE LIKE THE ROOTS OF THE TREE ALWAYS STANDING SOLID W/U...OTHERS ARE LIKE THE LEAVES OF THE TREE THEY GO ALL DIRECTIONS WHEN THE WIND BLOWS,AND OTHERS ARE LIKE THE STUFF U USE TO FERTILIZE THE TREE........FULL OF $@^* !!!!

Offline lilbit

• Bittie Master of Mischievous
  • Posse Member
  • Fossil
    • http://www.myspace.com/txcanchaser74
« Reply #121 on: December 21, 2008, 04:55:25 PM »
I just started reading this today.. MAN!!! I GOT YOUR BACK!!

one of my best hauling partners was a black bull rider and male!! I will never forget when we hauled to a black rodeo off Almena-Genoa Rd. I was 16 and my Dad let Scotty and I go by ourselves!! If I ever needed any help he would be there! There was several times he helped me get into pens or even just talked to me so that I would not get nervous.

I would rather deal with a nice person that was purple then some person that was hateful and ugly!!

Stefanie Medland

Offline Woodys Mama

• Dinosaur!
  • Woody Rock'n & Roll'n
« Reply #122 on: December 21, 2008, 05:44:04 PM »
Wow, I cant believe I havent seen this before. I know what your talking about though. We went to an RCA rodeo and there was only a handful of white people there. I got really upset b/c anytime a black person ran the crowd went nuts. When a white person ran the crowd was silent, they even did this to the kids!!! I didnt really like it, but I thought about how the black community feels. I believe that there are good and bad people in every color. I have several close friends that are black, and would fight a bear for them. THey treat us like family.

Girl, Im glad you posted this, you are so talented and I cant wait to meet you!

Merry CHRISTmas!!
Live life like you were dying, let the people and animals CLOSE to you know you love them!!!

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2008, 07:42:06 AM »
Punkin, as Im fond of saying (especially to my children for the last 15 yrs) I could care less whether you were pink, purple, orange or green (well maybe I might tell you where the bathroom was if you came up to me and you were green  (:0))) ), girl you rock.  

I personally cant wait to meet you, and you better come up to me and say, "Im Punkin" cause Im going to scream and give you a big hug.    You write SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO awesome, and let me tell you that has to be an indicator of how good you are at everything else!!!   :TIGGER:

I know what you mean though.   I grew up in Lampasas, Tx and we only had about 5 black people in our school, but I want to tell you one of the young men went on to the Olympics and the others were awesome atheletes (I could only dream of running that fast  :ROFL2: ).

Anyway, when I turned 16 I got to go do some partying with my mother (a whole other story, so we will side line that one) and I had the rare opportunity to get to meet a handsome young man of the whopping age of 19 (I believe) and his name was Coffee.    Yes, the coffee of the clown status in the PRCA.    I loved Coffee to death and he was in the Military stationed at Ft Hood then. I would dance with him and he would tell me they are going to talk about you, I always said, SO WHAT!!!!!!  

Girl, you dont pay one bit of attention to those folks that do that, because as far as Im concerned you ROCK!!!!!!   So just  <()> <()> <()> <()> <()> to them!!!!!! :later:

Tamet - you grew up around this area - did you/do you know Al Taylor?? He's a black man and one of the nicest men I had the pleasure of spending MANY MANY MANY hours around when I was younger and still going to playdays. That old black man would kick our @$$. So did his grandkids and nephews. I grew up with those kids every weekend & never knew to think any differently.
Now I believe he's kinda gotten out of it. For many years he had mostly moved toward doing just trail rides. Amazing, wonderful sweet man and family.

Punkin - I'm sorry you are treated the way you are. I unfortunately, do not have a solution, but I believe the way you face the problem is incredibly respectful. If more people...as a group...would approach the situation in the same manner - this world would be a completely different place. Sadly...they don't and it isn't. I don't expect things to change drastically anytime soon either.
I didn't read through anything more than the first couple posts so I missed everyone's responses. I will catch up later. I just wanted to let you know I do respect you both for your approach at this situation & your entire approach on life. I try to grab a piece of your writing any chance I get because you are very entertaining..both comically and emotionally.
Al Taylor, Al Taylor, dang that name sounds familiar!!!!!!   I will have to ask mother.   I never paid any attention to that kind of stuff as a kid, all I was concerned about was whether they were going to kick my butt in the arena or was I going to kick theirs (my competition).   :cheeze:
When I was a kid and when you were a kid were two different time frames. He he he!!!!

I'm sure your mom knows Al. You just may have forgotten if you only met him a time or two. Crazy as it is, I still run into him or kinfolk of his every once in awhile.
He's probably in his 70's by now.
Hey are you calling me OLD?   :ROFL2: :ROFL2:  I will have to ask Mother cause she is in her 70's too. 
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #124 on: December 22, 2008, 10:03:49 AM »
I'm not gettin' per snippipdy here by any means....but aren't we ALL colored??....I've never liked that wording just because we really all are!!
Im a crayon! :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:
Now somebody come sharpen me up! :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

OH,MY LAURA U R SO ON THE MONEY,BECAUSE THAT IS JUST THE SAME WAY THAT I FEEL.......... :cheeze:

To put this in perpective...if we took this info and applied it to horses....we wouldn't call the white horses white...and all the rest "colored" would we?
Its ok to say you are white, you are black, you are purple! whatever!....but to me I would be offended if white people seemed to be in one catagory...and colored was meant to include the rest....that's just not right..... <(::)> <(::)> <(::)> so I don't like the word when used in that context.  Some people mean it in the kindest way....there is such a stigma about what to correctly call someone's race, so colored it is.  But
in my opinion...no matter who they are---if they offend you---you don't have to invite them to dinner as Ve says.  :cheeze: :cheeze: :cheeze:
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline NBHA4DQUEENIE

• Elite Member
« Reply #125 on: December 22, 2008, 03:05:51 PM »
hi iam joellen i have never met you but i would like to  isnt it funny hou some people can act  two of my best friends are of color but far as i am cocerened were are there cause we like to ride and run barrels  people are people you cant change them but  do like your mom said  they are the problem  they need to get over it  good luck running