8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Under currents of racism . . .  (Read 10445 times)

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
Re: Under currents of racism . . .
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2008, 07:25:09 PM »
 <NOT WORTHY> <NOT WORTHY>
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline fastcowgirl

• Mega Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2008, 07:34:25 PM »
Punkin..  I have rode with LOTS of black cowboys.. hung out with them at ropings and such.. I grew up around black that raced quarters.. My very best friend in high school was a black guy that his family owned race horses.. his oldest brother trained and whatever.. I remember him coming to my house working with me.. giving me all the trick of the trade to make a horse run faster.. showed me how to get one in shape.. used there track to work out my barrel ponies.. Every big roping we had in our po dunk down.. we got the black cowboys from Houston..  I never once saw a black girl ride a horse.. in all the years that i was riding.. yes they came to the rodeos and roping but was the cheering section.. The first black girl I saw run barrels was at a large barrel race in admore, OK.. I took notice.. not because they were black.. just something i wasnt use to.. These girls like yourself knew how to ride... I started hanging out with.. my grandfather taught me... you are never to old to learn something.. so I wanted to know there secret.. not because they were black cuz they were kicking butts.. I dont see skin color.. I wasnt raised that way... So im sorry those have treated you unfair cuz of the color of your skin... Just something that most are not use to.. when I lived in the fort worth area.. is when i became familiar with the black rodeo association that is out of that area..  
Its not the trailer you pull up in, but the horse you pull out..

myspace.com/fastcowgirl
A little cocky, but can back up what I say..
(with facts)
-Home of truth and opinions...

Offline jazzyj

« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2008, 07:56:45 PM »
 <HI> <HI> <HI> I would like to say Thanks for having me on this board and I am glad to know that everyone is so welcoming and don't mind expressing themselves. Punkin, I am also part of the racism of today, I come from a biracial family, my father is black and my mother is hispanic, so therefore that makes me gooooooreous. As a little girl at the hospital they refused to give me to my mother because they could not believe that I was hers, even thought I was a very light skinned child. The nurse said because I had dark tones around my hands ears and hands there was noway I belong to her. On my birth certificate my mother is listed as White, not hispanic, so therefore I always check other, when ask for race. And as far as going to barrel races or rodeos I am one of the friendlies people you will run across, I make no enemies unless they make me be one first. I was taught to love everyone. My best friend of 33yrs is a white girl and to this day we have never had a fallen out, and we tell each other everything. I hope you keep your head up and smile, remember that those people are stupid and were never taught how to love themselves or other people so to HELL with them. Lots of Love. (GOODLUCK)

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2008, 06:33:55 AM »
Aw man, I totally forgot about this post, one of our better ones (well, besides the funny ones that Ve writes that makes it hard to breath for a while  :ROFL2: )  Jazzy glad to have you on board.   

Hey Ve, didnt you say your new place is in Mansfield? 
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2008, 07:47:56 AM »
Hey I have a question that I think is relavent to this post.   I went the other day to get Joseph a gun that we found at the local Gunshop.   I had to fill out that STUPID gun registration form and you HAVE to check which race you are.   Now, normally I don't and refuse to cause I dont think it is anyones business nor does it matter.   I didnt check it and he gave it back to me and said you have to check one of these.   I said, I thougth it was unlawful to HAVE to check that but that it was optional.    He said, no mam, you HAVE to fill out that section on this paper.   What the H E L L does it matter what color my skin is!!!!!   If you ask me I think it is prepetuating racism.   Who cares, its still takes a finger to pull the trigger, what difference does the color of that finger make?   (XXX) (XXX) (XXX)   What do you think?
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2008, 08:13:16 AM »
I think you should have checked some race other than what you are to see what happened.  >:D  >:D  >:D

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2008, 08:29:18 AM »
I have not ever seen this post before this morning....and I didn't read but a couple of pages of it....but I feel I already know what
it is about.  No need to go back.

First of all.....I'm not black, white, purple, green, orange, tan, pink, neon, blue, magenta, or anything else.  I have always looked at
things as a WHOLE....now lets go with that.....you walk in the store and are really excited!  Woo-hoo!  I'm gonna buy a big extra large
box of crayons!! You know....the one with the sharpener!!  Yippee!!......All the little crayons....red ones, black ones, white ones, pink ones,
blue ones, green ones, yellow ones...all different shades are hustled up and put in one box (the human race!)  If you opened the box---
and that alot of them were broken ( like people who are not up to par)  you would set the box down and get a different box....it wouldn't matter what color the crayons were if they were broken---you get a new box!!.....People should be the same....we are all just a box
of crayons....some broken, some not.....I look at it the same way.....I look for boxes of crayons that is the way that I want, nothing more, nothing less....and this is what I taught my kids......

Now....you and I....as you know we are like kindred spirits in the way that we think, the things that we do....am I worried what color u are?
Nope....I probably worry about stuff like when we finally do actually get to meet....will you like me?  Will you think Laura is a jackazz??
Yeah Punkin that's probably more what I worry about..... :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2008, 08:33:06 AM »
 :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: by the way....sometimes people may think I need "sharpening"...... :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

Offline bigheadedGUS

• Extreme Member
  • WBR stall office manager!!
« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2008, 08:43:38 AM »
u were pretty red the other day in George W's coffee cup when reggie showed u THE pictures..so ya u are RED!!

thank you LADIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :cheeze:
U should have voted for GUS for president!!

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2008, 08:46:55 AM »
Gussie....me thinks your crayon is broken...... :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

"thank yewwwwww ladieeesssssss" :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

Offline bigheadedGUS

• Extreme Member
  • WBR stall office manager!!
« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2008, 08:48:44 AM »
i stepped on my crayon...its worse than broken...its back dust like they say when u go to cross over to the rain bow bridge :cheeze:  is there a place for dead squished crayons?
U should have voted for GUS for president!!

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #101 on: December 20, 2008, 08:51:08 AM »
Why yes gussie there is!!....a little place named Rainbow, Texas outside of Glenrose, Texas.....I'm sure that's a good place for broken
crayons to goooooooo..... >:D >:D >:D

Offline LBrune

• Mega Member
« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2008, 09:08:35 AM »
Ve I had never seen this post before.  When I saw you post I of course looked at your avatar and realized you were black.  Myself thought so what.  I was raised down south near the coast.  So I was raised with blacks.  My daddy had two black men that worked for him the entire 27 years he farmed rice until he got sick and passed away.  I loved and still love them and their family dearly.  When we had my dad's funeral they sat right in the pew with the family because they were our family.  Some of my most cherished memories are of Charlie, Russell, Bert, and Adaline and their kids.
I am sorry you were mistreated.  There is no excuse for rude behavior. 
You are truly a wonderful person with many unique talents and one of my favorites of course is your story telling.  Please don't ever let rude people get you down.
There have been some wonderful posts on here and I hope you realize how many of us love and respect you whether we have gotten to meet you or not.
I hope I get to meet you in person some time.
 <SLEIGH> SANTA SNOWMAN :SANTA BEAR: REINDEER
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Offline jazzyj

« Reply #103 on: December 20, 2008, 09:51:58 AM »
u were pretty red the other day in George W's coffee cup when reggie showed u THE pictures..so ya u are RED!!

:ROFL2: :ROFL2: that reggie is a mess, keeps us in stitches. And I agree with the box of crayons, and the sharpener, especially for TNT, we all know he needs it the most. <()> <()> <()>LOL

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #104 on: December 20, 2008, 09:55:19 AM »

:ROFL2: :ROFL2: that reggie is a mess, keeps us in stitches. And I agree with the box of crayons, and the sharpener, especially for TNT, we all know he needs it the most. <()> <()> <()>LOL

YOUR IDENTITY HAS BEEN REVEALED...."JUDY"!!  I KNOWS IT IS YOU!! :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: