Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Poll

How do you feel about dropping 6D payouts for big shows?  

Keep the 6D
Drop the 6D

Author Topic: 6D pay out poll  (Read 18965 times)

Offline up the middle

• Mega Member
6D pay out poll
« on: April 14, 2008, 08:54:49 PM »
Just curious on your thoughts on dropping the 6D at the bigger shows.  It would mean more money going to the other D's which is a plus for everyone. 
Dont blame me, I voted for the other guy

Roadrunner

Re: 6D pay out poll
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 09:02:09 PM »
Take it out, way OUT!

Offline causinchaos05

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 09:14:52 PM »
Keep it!!!!!

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 09:20:39 PM »
I started rodeoing again because the 4D was fine then came the 5D and now the 6D............Not enough money I agree.........................It's cheaper for me to go to the corner store and buy a lottery ticket....................... <DUMMY ME> <DUMMY ME>
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline SpecialK

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 09:22:49 PM »
TAKE IT OUT!! I think 5D is stupid as well. 4D is at least a lot more reasonable. 6D is flat out outrageous..you can just grab anything out of the pasture and go run and still have a chance at a check. whats the fun in that?

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 09:26:13 PM »
Very well said SpecialK 8) 8)
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 09:31:16 PM »
Flame me if you wish, but, the point of 6D is to give everyone a chance to run. I do love the 5D right now cause that full second split to the 4D is too much. I prefer the half second splits. But, now that there are 6D's with the added money shows, it sure does bring a crowd and allows even the little ones to get out there and have a shot. Then, you also have the gals with the horses in training that will have a chance to be seasoned and still a chance at the checks! So, even though I had a BAD weekend, I was still looking at Destrys cause it was a 6D. Same with WBR. Now, smaller jackpots, 5D is fine and so is 4D cause you have to have money for the pot!!!!! I think that the last hole in each D should be able to cover your entry!  <EXCUSE ME?>

Offline Waitin on Cross

• Mega Member
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 09:35:25 PM »
I agree with GB if its got some added money why not spread the wealth but IF its a smaller pot a 5D would be good!!
ASHLEY NELSON

Offline up the middle

• Mega Member
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 09:41:06 PM »
Flame me if you wish, but, the point of 6D is to give everyone a chance to run. I do love the 5D right now cause that full second split to the 4D is too much. I prefer the half second splits. But, now that there are 6D's with the added money shows, it sure does bring a crowd and allows even the little ones to get out there and have a shot. Then, you also have the gals with the horses in training that will have a chance to be seasoned and still a chance at the checks! So, even though I had a BAD weekend, I was still looking at Destrys cause it was a 6D. Same with WBR. Now, smaller jackpots, 5D is fine and so is 4D cause you have to have money for the pot!!!!! I think that the last hole in each D should be able to cover your entry!  <EXCUSE ME?>

No flames here.  Everyone is entitled to their remarks. (as long as they are nice ones!) I agree that the last hole should cover your entry.  I like having lots of payout slots but not if its not enough to pay your EF money back.  I wish NBHA would go to 1/2 splits all around.  I think the whole margin is too wide a span since thats where a lot of people fall. I don't think the big shows would be hurt by dropping the 6D.  I think it would encourage those who fall in that D to maybe ride up.  Plus, I feel a lot of people that fall in them have bad runs and just happen to luck out.  I kinda wish the smaller JP's would stick to the 4D's with 1/2 sec splits.  Seems like the money is getting TOO spread out. But that's JMO.
Dont blame me, I voted for the other guy

Offline memphis

• Mega Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 09:52:49 PM »
First I think it should depend on the amount of entries....secondly....a 6D is only 2.5 seconds off the fasted time with 1/2 sec. splits.  A 4D with 1/2 1/2 whole is 2 seconds off....so a 6D is actually only adding a 1/2 second.....BUT if it's a 4D with all 1/2 seconds then that is only 1.5 seconds off.....if you look at the results of most all barrel races.....that 1.5 sec to 2 seconds off is where the majority of your barrel racers fall and without THEIR entry FEES to contribute, you guys in the 1 & 2 D's would not have the payouts you have.....rememer 75-80% of THEIR entry fees go in the pot......and yet those D's get the most payout....and don't bash...I'm not saying that's wrong.....but those additional D's do give your young or less seasoned horses a chance....and their trainers and owners a chance to get them out there to season them and maybe get a little payout to boot....

Offline noray2007

• Extreme Member
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 10:19:29 PM »
 (hi there)well I like the 6D 1/2 SEC. splits IT does give a place to run the young ones and have a chance to pick up a nice ck. IT takes the same amount of fuel to haul 1;2; or 3. the pay out would be a little bigger if they paid fewer slots. look at the difference in the pay out at the 2 bigger shows this weekend.

Offline CaughtYawl

• Fossil
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 10:23:58 PM »
TAKE IT OUT!! I think 5D is stupid as well. 4D is at least a lot more reasonable. 6D is flat out outrageous..you can just grab anything out of the pasture and go run and still have a chance at a check. whats the fun in that?
Ditto.
Even if I take something young, by the time i'm hauling them somewhere they should be able to cruise a 3-d/4-d time If not...they don't go.

Offline Farel

• DOUBLE BLESSED
  • Fossil
  • Peppys Sashay Beau
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 11:01:21 PM »
I agree....
R.I.P BELLE (JULY 1994/OCTOBER 20,2008)
SWEET THING

I was one of the winners for the FINISH LINE HORSE PRODUCT $500 drawing for March 2008

Offline Brandy Hempen

• Extreme Member
  • RAGS TO RICHES AT THE BELMONT
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2008, 01:27:09 AM »
About this pass weekend to make your fee back you had to be in the top 10 and that not even with your fuel and I did not go if it was $55 or 60 and a free run then maybe

hardtimeshorses

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2008, 06:14:53 AM »
Keep it, keeps the entries up.