Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Poll

How do you feel about dropping 6D payouts for big shows?  

Keep the 6D
Drop the 6D

Author Topic: 6D pay out poll  (Read 18978 times)

Offline meandmo

• Veteran Member
  • Proud Softball Mom
Re: 6D pay out poll
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2008, 06:26:09 AM »
If you go back and look at the results of WBR Conroe in Feb29-Mar2 you will see that there are 146 riders in the 2D, 159 riders in the 3D, 144 riders in the 4D.  BUT in the 5D there were only 72 and in the 6D there were only 85 so if you add these 2 classes together you get about how many were in each of the other D's (excluding the 1D of course).  So what it boils down to is that the 5D and the 6D have twice as good a chance to win money as the ones running in the faster D's.  No I don't think we should have a 6D.  5D with 1/2 second splits is great for the big shows.  4D is enough for local jackpots in my opinion.  Making the big jackpots 6D was a advertising gimmick to get anyone to enter.  Let's face it, if you've got the money you can enter anything anywhere.  Doesn't mean they are ready for it.  Dang how do you afford to season a young horse if you pay over $100 entry fee?  No wonder barrel horses are so much.  LOL 

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2008, 06:59:05 AM »
i agree with hardtimes, it keeps the entries up!!!! Take it away and possibly more money may go to the pot..but if u dont have those extra entries then maybe less goes to the pot.. :((((   who cares?  back to my same old theory...if ya dont like the show, the producer, the format, the payout, the ground, the location, the tractor driver, the way the bathrooms are set up.. :cheeze:  whatever..just dont go!!   oh...but back to the original vote..i voted to keep it (woohoo)
can't wait till May!!!

Offline Jess00

• Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2008, 07:06:44 AM »
TAKE IT OUT!! I think 5D is stupid as well. 4D is at least a lot more reasonable. 6D is flat out outrageous..you can just grab anything out of the pasture and go run and still have a chance at a check. whats the fun in that?

Ditto!  I hate anything more than a 4D.  Even at a little jackpot a 5D is too much. 

Offline vlpoag

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2008, 07:15:40 AM »
i agree with hardtimes, it keeps the entries up!!!! Take it away and possibly more money may go to the pot..but if u dont have those extra entries then maybe less goes to the pot.. :((((   who cares?  back to my same old theory...if ya dont like the show, the producer, the format, the payout, the ground, the location, the tractor driver, the way the bathrooms are set up.. :cheeze:  whatever..just dont go!!   oh...but back to the original vote..i voted to keep it (woohoo)
<ROCKON> very well said,always my theory <ROCKON>
"LET HIM RUN"

Offline LBrune

• Mega Member
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2008, 07:52:09 AM »
First I think it should depend on the amount of entries....secondly....a 6D is only 2.5 seconds off the fasted time with 1/2 sec. splits.  A 4D with 1/2 1/2 whole is 2 seconds off....so a 6D is actually only adding a 1/2 second.....BUT if it's a 4D with all 1/2 seconds then that is only 1.5 seconds off.....if you look at the results of most all barrel races.....that 1.5 sec to 2 seconds off is where the majority of your barrel racers fall and without THEIR entry FEES to contribute, you guys in the 1 & 2 D's would not have the payouts you have.....rememer 75-80% of THEIR entry fees go in the pot......and yet those D's get the most payout....and don't bash...I'm not saying that's wrong.....but those additional D's do give your young or less seasoned horses a chance....and their trainers and owners a chance to get them out there to season them and maybe get a little payout to boot....

Well said.

Offline lilbit

• Bittie Master of Mischievous
  • Posse Member
  • Fossil
    • http://www.myspace.com/txcanchaser74
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2008, 08:00:08 AM »
Its a good thing that there is different assocations or barrel races that people can pick and choose where they want to go. If you dont like the way it is then dont enter. 3d,4d,5d,6d,7d,8d-- its pot luck if you win any money anyway!

If you have that 1-d; rodeo horse-then go to rodeos....
Stefanie Medland

Offline smitchell4

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2008, 08:01:40 AM »
Went to Destry's 6D this past weekend, and what I noticed is the increased number of novice, 5D plus riders.  One lady, was very please she ran a 20+ time, had the enthusiasm, energy most of us had when we first started.

She would not go to a 4D/5D race more than likey, but the 6D brought her out.

The increased number of us slow riders funds you 1/2/3D folks, and it benefits folks like the excited 6D rider who just wants to compete and have a great time, and it benefits you fast folks with more money, a win win in my book.

jmho

Offline trickyricky

• Mega Member
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2008, 08:18:27 AM »
I like the 6D races. I know it seems like a little much to pay out that many. I am with Deb it really pulls in more entries and lets everyone that doesn't have that 1D or Rodeo horse have a great time at these big barrel races.

The pattern at Destry's was really big and usually my horse falls in the 3D or 4D and he lost some of his steam this weekend with that big pattern and landed me in the top of the 6D all weekend. Of course I ended up being bumped out, but I had a great time this weekend and met some really nice people.  :)/\\

I like the 6D Races it give everyone a chance at some big money.  <ROCKON>

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2008, 08:25:08 AM »
back to my same old theory...if ya dont like the show, the producer, the format, the payout, the ground, the location, the tractor driver, the way the bathrooms are set up.. :cheeze:  whatever..just dont go!!   oh...but back to the original vote..i voted to keep it (woohoo)
Amen
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Bobby L. Barter

• Booger Eater
  • Posse Member
  • Mega Member
  • Me and My Boys
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2008, 08:28:03 AM »
I think who ever thought of the idea for a 6D barrel race is CRAZY. I am sure that Jo Ellen Cowan hates the 6D's also. Wait a minute didn't she just win $1,000 in a 6D race.

Offline trickyricky

• Mega Member
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2008, 08:30:19 AM »
I hear ya Tamet.  >PEACE<

Bobby I think she did!!!  <COLOR GRIN>

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2008, 08:31:45 AM »
I think who ever thought of the idea for a 6D barrel race is CRAZY. I am sure that Jo Ellen Cowan hates the 6D's also. Wait a minute didn't she just win $1,000 in a 6D race.
Bobby are you coming on here to start trouble again?   :ROFL2:
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline V.McDougal

• Extreme Member
    • Red River Kennels ~ Yorkshire Terriers ~ Avery, Tx
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2008, 08:32:22 AM »
If you go back and look at the results of WBR Conroe in Feb29-Mar2 you will see that there are 146 riders in the 2D, 159 riders in the 3D, 144 riders in the 4D.  BUT in the 5D there were only 72 and in the 6D there were only 85 so if you add these 2 classes together you get about how many were in each of the other D's (excluding the 1D of course).  So what it boils down to is that the 5D and the 6D have twice as good a chance to win money as the ones running in the faster D's.  No I don't think we should have a 6D.  5D with 1/2 second splits is great for the big shows.  4D is enough for local jackpots in my opinion.  Making the big jackpots 6D was a advertising gimmick to get anyone to enter.  Let's face it, if you've got the money you can enter anything anywhere.  Doesn't mean they are ready for it.  Dang how do you afford to season a young horse if you pay over $100 entry fee?  No wonder barrel horses are so much.

Your talking about riders... If you'll notice the 1-D usally has less rides than the 2-3 or 4 D's. I vote to leave the 5&6 D's. I've rode all my life, done playdays, local 4-D and our small home town Rodeo, I consider myself a (3-D/4-D) local compeditor, I have placed in the open 2-D's a very few times, But there is NO WAY i would travel 3 to 6 hours & pay 100 to 200 entry fee, stalls, hook ups etc... if it wasn't a 5 or 6 D... Those big show have the Pro riders and Pro horses running. And I know I can't compete against them, but I can compete with them....... >PEACE<
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 08:35:00 AM by Red River »
Red River Kennels ~ Yorkshire Terriers ~ Avery, Tx
http://www.redriverkennels.com

Offline Bobby L. Barter

• Booger Eater
  • Posse Member
  • Mega Member
  • Me and My Boys
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2008, 08:34:16 AM »
Bobby are you coming on here to start trouble again?   :ROFL2:
Tamet I dont like the colors on your web pages. I am going start a poll to get them changed. <()>

Offline up the middle

• Mega Member
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2008, 08:36:21 AM »
If the 6D's were dropped she would still win money!  She's in it everywhere! haha  (her and Debhorses)  They are 2 lucky gals!  Of course having 2-3 horses helps your chances too.
Dont blame me, I voted for the other guy