Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Poll

How do you feel about dropping 6D payouts for big shows?  

Keep the 6D
Drop the 6D

Author Topic: 6D pay out poll  (Read 18975 times)

Offline trickyricky

• Mega Member
Re: 6D pay out poll
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2008, 08:37:37 AM »
I hear you too Red River. I can't compete with them either and I don't have the money for that 1D horse. I do like Competeing with them too.  :)/\\

Now Now Bobby be nice. LOL

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2008, 08:37:48 AM »
Went to Destry's 6D this past weekend, and what I noticed is the increased number of novice, 5D plus riders.  One lady, was very please she ran a 20+ time, had the enthusiasm, energy most of us had when we first started.

She would not go to a 4D/5D race more than likey, but the 6D brought her out.

The increased number of us slow riders funds you 1/2/3D folks, and it benefits folks like the excited 6D rider who just wants to compete and have a great time, and it benefits you fast folks with more money, a win win in my book.

jmho

You take away the 5D and 6D in the big shows, you take away the trucks, saddles, and buckles, not to mention the money  <psssttt> .......besides I bet a 1D horse/rider that slips behind a barrel and wins a spot in the 5/6D won't be complaining much about the D's when they win a check  <EXCUSE ME?> .  Those people fuel these races and without them the faster gals would be complaining because they aren't winning enough money.
Can't make everyone happy, but the producers sure try!!!  :*
Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely.

Offline Rodeo Mom

• Dinosaur!
  • Huckleberry's Xtreme Barrel Race Jan 2 Bryan, Texa
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2008, 08:39:07 AM »
Please no flames just an opinion.  I think it depends on number of entries so you can keep the money good.  Never a 5D or 6D with equal payout cause that really kills the 1D payout.  If you win over 600 horses you deserve more money than the other D's.
And not all 1D horses can rodeo Deb.  Its takes a fortune to go on the road and a lot of wear and tear on your horse not to mention Mike can't qualify to ride in Rodeos and if just Jaci rides they only have 1/2 chance to win money.  Some horses cannot handle the stress and the arenas.  With  diesel, food, lodging, and everything so high its becoming a rich girls game.  
Please do not flame the 1D as they do set the pace for the other divisions.  
Everyone deserves a chance to run and make some money.  Another idea is not many 3-6D riders depend on the money they make for a living as a lot of the 1-2D runners do.  
Everyone should be able to go to barrel races and have fun and hope to fall in the situation of winning money.  If you are happy in your situation stay there and have a blast.  If you are not, ride up, go to clinics, change feed, loose weight, do what ever it takes to get in the spot you want to be.  Barrel racers are all very good people and I wish the best for everyone
Good Luck where ever you go!
Takin' barrel racing to the Xtreme.....

Offline thamesranch

• Jackass Hunter
  • Mega Member
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2008, 08:39:35 AM »
I don't have a problem with the "continued" addition of D's and much as the equal payout.
The faster horses should win the most money.  
And let's all face it, we are doing this for "entertainment".
Those who actually "make money barrel racing" are the ones hauling to professional rodeos.  When you consider all expenses usually by the end of the year, not many have made a "living" barrel racing, (of course there are those who rodeo professionally that are the exception).  
BUT..........6D should be as far as D's should go, in my opinion, but opinions are like noses, everyone has one......  
Do it right, or get off the Horse.

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2008, 08:41:12 AM »
I'm going to be stubborn and not vote at all, because we have this very same conversation in one form or another at least once a month and it's really getting old.

There are enough races in this state big and small so that if you don't like the way one is formated you can choose another.

Offline Bobby L. Barter

• Booger Eater
  • Posse Member
  • Mega Member
  • Me and My Boys
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2008, 08:42:14 AM »
OK I am really going to start some s... now. One woman emailed me wanting to add 1/10's of seconds on everybody that weighed less than 160 pounds. Can you see me trying to weigh everybody before they ran. :crazy: :crazy:

Offline HaleyT

• Elite Member
  • **THORNERANCH.COM
    • THORNERANCH.COM
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2008, 08:44:15 AM »
I have been in the 5/6D plenty of times! Why would you even want to go to the barrel race, pay $100 + in fees, fuel, stalls.... If you know you are going to be that far off? 2.5 to 3+ seconds....The 5/6D ers pay the fees, but if they (5/6D) weren't there, then there would be more money in the other D's, however maybe less entries... I guess it is all about getting the numbers! I wonder when it will stop? Are we eventually going to have 7/8/9D's?? Will we ever have handicapping? what about "numbers" like the ream ropers....?
**********THORNERANCH.COM**********
http://www.thorneranch.com/

Offline HaleyT

• Elite Member
  • **THORNERANCH.COM
    • THORNERANCH.COM
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2008, 08:45:39 AM »
OK I am really going to start some s... now. One woman emailed me wanting to add 1/10's of seconds on everybody that weighed less than 160 pounds. Can you see me trying to weigh everybody before they ran. :crazy: :crazy:

HAHHAhhahaha too funny!!
**********THORNERANCH.COM**********
http://www.thorneranch.com/

Offline trickyricky

• Mega Member
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2008, 08:47:07 AM »
 :ROFL2:   :ROFL2:   :ROFL2:   :ROFL2:   :ROFL2:   :ROFL2:   :ROFL2:

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2008, 08:48:07 AM »

You'll have to invest in some industrial scales!!!!!!!  :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2008, 08:49:57 AM »

I think you just don't want to take it on because in this case everyone would be putting on extra clothes to make the weight instead of taking them off.  :ROFL2:  :ROFL2:  :ROFL2:  :ROFL2:  :ROFL2:  :ROFL2:   :ROFL2:

Offline trickyricky

• Mega Member
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2008, 08:52:55 AM »
This is just too funny.  :ROFL2:\

Bobby there is no way I am letting you get my weight in May.  :ROFL2:

You might loose some money if you started that.  <COLOR GRIN>

Offline up the middle

• Mega Member
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2008, 08:54:58 AM »

OK..maybe I should start a new poll on how many of us chunky monkeys would like a handicap at barrel races?  Add a few pounds to those skinny gals and kids so we can all weigh the same.   Its not fair!  (j/k of course)    
I guess I dont look at other barrel racing boards I haven't seen this post asking abut 6 D's before. I was just curious to see how other people feel. Obvioulsy most people don't mind having 6Ds.  I'm one of the ones that don't go if I don't like the way things are. No one is twisting my arm to enter.  Especially since gas is so high now.  
Dont blame me, I voted for the other guy

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2008, 09:01:15 AM »
Those who fall that far behind pay those fees to have a good time.....thats what the big races are all about, having a good time, with good people, and hopefully a story or two....if you can remember  <BUDS> <BUDS>

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2008, 09:09:10 AM »
That's strange, I always heard that if you could remember, you weren't having a good enough time.  :ROFL2:  :ROFL2:  :ROFL2:  :ROFL2: