Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Poll

How do you feel about dropping 6D payouts for big shows?  

Keep the 6D
Drop the 6D

Author Topic: 6D pay out poll  (Read 18977 times)

Offline wendyb

• Elite Member
  • Britt at WBR 2007
    • Visit our store online...
Re: 6D pay out poll
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2008, 11:03:16 AM »
I like the 5D/6D formats - it adds $$ to the pot and lets us Mom's ride too when we are hauling the skinny-minnie's around...  and actually have a shot sometimes.

I do think they all need to be a sliding scale though - if you are competing at the 1D level - you should be riding for the larger pots.  The other winners are a gamble based on the fastest horse there.

JMO

Wendy
Have openings for consignment saddles
http://www.lazybgeneralstore.com
Carrying brands such as *Wrangler*Ariat*Cinch*Cruel Girl*Weaver*Circle Y*Saddle Barn*Double H*Boulet*John Deere*Corky's*Yellow Box*Bar H*Breyer
Special Orders Welcome

Offline trickyricky

• Mega Member
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2008, 11:10:18 AM »
So true it's all a gamble after the 1D riders.  <COLOR GRIN>

Offline Bobby L. Barter

• Booger Eater
  • Posse Member
  • Mega Member
  • Me and My Boys
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2008, 11:19:58 AM »
Thamesranch emails me everyday wanting an EQUAL PAYOUT . <()> <()>

Offline trickyricky

• Mega Member
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2008, 11:21:20 AM »
 :ROFL2:   :ROFL2:   :ROFL2:   :ROFL2:

Offline lilbit

• Bittie Master of Mischievous
  • Posse Member
  • Fossil
    • http://www.myspace.com/txcanchaser74
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2008, 11:26:34 AM »
I can probably say that it ain't Thamesranch wanting equal pay out!

A midget D that is funny! The only problem is I don't want to ride with those little kids on really nice horses...
I can only handle the horse that is out in front of the grocery store that you can put a quarter in.LOL
Stefanie Medland

Offline trickyricky

• Mega Member
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2008, 11:30:31 AM »
 :ROFL2:

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2008, 11:53:50 AM »
Rodeomom...ok i am know i am one of the fattest chicks out there running barrels and yes i am trying to lose weight as we speak..just got in from the gym!!  I got some extra Bras and i bet we can find a wig and put it on Mikey and call him Melinda Berberer and see what happens..hehehe :TIGGER:  and i think it was someone else that talked something about rodeo...i didnt mention rodeo in my post on the 2nd page.

i always TRY and make the best run i can...its a proven fact my horses have run in the 2D's with other riders..look up stats from the years before i bought them.. Jewel ran in the 2D forever in Lousiana with Shannon Daves.. Joker ran in the 2D with Shauna Pollin at Gulf Coast and also another rider, i forget her name..i know that i am the hinderence to my horses..but they sure do love me at feeding time!!! roflmao

and as far as what it costs to go down the road?? TELL ME!! i travel every single  weekend..Oklahoma, Lousiana, GEORGIA!!!!  go just as far as the 1D horses go to jack pots..i pay the same fees that the 1D riders pay, THE DIESEL PUMP DOES NOT CARE IF I HAVE A 1D HORSE OR A 10D DONKEE THAT I'M HAULING!!!  roflmao  it costs me just as much to feed and take care of my horses as the 1D horses..  oh wait!!! :((((  so whos bitchin about this all??   and i'm going to the jackpot whether its equal pay out or not.. and i'm not one to sit up all nite and calculate with my calculator how  much of my fees goes to the pot and how much added money comes from us paying a processing fee, and i'm not gonna figure the sliding pay out..i DONT CARE!! i go for the fun of it all!!  for the ride and for the people!!! ....the vote was simple to remove the 6d...  hey ask the producers!!! its their decisions anyway!!!

and d@#%it its hard to lose weight when THAMES TALKS ABOUT DO-NUTS!!!

and ............nevermind...it has to do with BOOGER AND A SET OF SCALES.... roflmao
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 12:18:55 PM by debhorses »
can't wait till May!!!

Offline debhorses

• Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2008, 11:59:15 AM »
BOOGER!!!!! <HI>  go ahead and tell us all about what else THAMES emails you... roflmao  :TIGGER: rofl (woohoo)
can't wait till May!!!

Offline lilbit

• Bittie Master of Mischievous
  • Posse Member
  • Fossil
    • http://www.myspace.com/txcanchaser74
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2008, 12:00:43 PM »
debhorses- your doing awesome and you can tell it!!

Lov ya!
Stefanie Medland

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2008, 12:01:24 PM »
I can probably say that it ain't Thamesranch wanting equal pay out!

A midget D that is funny! The only problem is I don't want to ride with those little kids on really nice horses...
I can only handle the horse that is out in front of the grocery store that you can put a quarter in.LOL

Then it probably needs to be qualified as the D for midgets with big boobs.  :ROFL2:

Offline trickyricky

• Mega Member
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2008, 12:09:19 PM »
 :ROFL2:  :ROFL2:  :ROFL2:

Offline Jess00

• Elite Member
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2008, 01:00:33 PM »
Went to Destry's 6D this past weekend, and what I noticed is the increased number of novice, 5D plus riders.  One lady, was very please she ran a 20+ time, had the enthusiasm, energy most of us had when we first started.

She would not go to a 4D/5D race more than likey, but the 6D brought her out.

The increased number of us slow riders funds you 1/2/3D folks, and it benefits folks like the excited 6D rider who just wants to compete and have a great time, and it benefits you fast folks with more money, a win win in my book.

jmho

You take away the 5D and 6D in the big shows, you take away the trucks, saddles, and buckles, not to mention the money  <psssttt> .......besides I bet a 1D horse/rider that slips behind a barrel and wins a spot in the 5/6D won't be complaining much about the D's when they win a check  <EXCUSE ME?> .  Those people fuel these races and without them the faster gals would be complaining because they aren't winning enough money.
Can't make everyone happy, but the producers sure try!!!  :*

Sorry KerrieL, but if my 1D horse slips she better not be in the 5-6D is she's truly a 1D horse.  Slip and pull up and maybe you'll be in the 5-6D.  And a 1D person will accept the check from the other Ds, but will still complain about it being a 6D especially if it's equal payout. 

Offline debhorses

• Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2008, 01:18:28 PM »
 *:o  should i or shouldnt i...yep i will (woohoo)  remember all the bitchin and complaining (not sure which board it was on..)about giving away a beautiful new dodge dually to the winner of a what..a knocked down barrel at the WBR finals..they said why should a person who knocks over a barrel be rewarded for hitting a barrel.. well guess who won the truck..a 1D rider!! a well known 1D rider with SEVERAL 1D horses!! as far as i know to date...she didnt refuse the truck and took it with a smile :TIGGER:
can't wait till May!!!

Offline barndad

• Veteran Member
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2008, 01:31:42 PM »
My, it sounds like some of you have forgotten where you started! How would you have felt back then?    Keep the 5 and the 6. That young girl running in the 6 right now with a skinny horse in training will be blowing you away in a couple of years when your horse is burnt out.      That's why you should keep the 6!  For yourself.  Ha Ha.
nut'n fancy

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2008, 01:33:23 PM »
Went to Destry's 6D this past weekend, and what I noticed is the increased number of novice, 5D plus riders.  One lady, was very please she ran a 20+ time, had the enthusiasm, energy most of us had when we first started.

She would not go to a 4D/5D race more than likey, but the 6D brought her out.

The increased number of us slow riders funds you 1/2/3D folks, and it benefits folks like the excited 6D rider who just wants to compete and have a great time, and it benefits you fast folks with more money, a win win in my book.

jmho

You take away the 5D and 6D in the big shows, you take away the trucks, saddles, and buckles, not to mention the money  <psssttt> .......besides I bet a 1D horse/rider that slips behind a barrel and wins a spot in the 5/6D won't be complaining much about the D's when they win a check  <EXCUSE ME?> .  Those people fuel these races and without them the faster gals would be complaining because they aren't winning enough money.
Can't make everyone happy, but the producers sure try!!!  :*

Sorry KerrieL, but if my 1D horse slips she better not be in the 5-6D is she's truly a 1D horse.  Slip and pull up and maybe you'll be in the 5-6D.  And a 1D person will accept the check from the other Ds, but will still complain about it being a 6D especially if it's equal payout. 

SHEEEESH!!    >THUD<  Why does everything get taken so literally. :blah: 
Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely.