Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Poll

How do you feel about dropping 6D payouts for big shows?  

Keep the 6D
Drop the 6D

Author Topic: 6D pay out poll  (Read 18979 times)

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: 6D pay out poll
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2008, 01:51:08 PM »
kerrie...things taken so literally...so does that mean what happened in vegas stayed there and wont happen here?  roflmao
can't wait till May!!!

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2008, 01:58:21 PM »
kerrie...things taken so literally...so does that mean what happened in vegas stayed there and wont happen here?  roflmao

Absolutely not!!!    >angel<  :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:
Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely.

Offline Jess00

• Elite Member
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2008, 02:02:42 PM »
Went to Destry's 6D this past weekend, and what I noticed is the increased number of novice, 5D plus riders.  One lady, was very please she ran a 20+ time, had the enthusiasm, energy most of us had when we first started.

She would not go to a 4D/5D race more than likey, but the 6D brought her out.

The increased number of us slow riders funds you 1/2/3D folks, and it benefits folks like the excited 6D rider who just wants to compete and have a great time, and it benefits you fast folks with more money, a win win in my book.

jmho

You take away the 5D and 6D in the big shows, you take away the trucks, saddles, and buckles, not to mention the money  <psssttt> .......besides I bet a 1D horse/rider that slips behind a barrel and wins a spot in the 5/6D won't be complaining much about the D's when they win a check  <EXCUSE ME?> .  Those people fuel these races and without them the faster gals would be complaining because they aren't winning enough money.
Can't make everyone happy, but the producers sure try!!!  :*

Sorry KerrieL, but if my 1D horse slips she better not be in the 5-6D is she's truly a 1D horse.  Slip and pull up and maybe you'll be in the 5-6D.  And a 1D person will accept the check from the other Ds, but will still complain about it being a 6D especially if it's equal payout. 

SHEEEESH!!    >THUD<  Why does everything get taken so literally. :blah: 

I didn't see any joking when it was mentioned, thus I took you seriously. 

Offline doc o lena bar

• Mega Member
  • Know God No Fear
    • Oxygen
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2008, 02:07:33 PM »
Well, I think that the D system was a great addition to barrelracing.  When it first started it was 3D full second splits, it went to the 4D with 1/2 , 1/2, 1 second splits.  Now the 5D with 1/2 seconds splits and the 6D.  I like the idea of the 5/6D races, but think they are better for the large shows only.  Keeping in the pay out progressive for the D's.  Now if you are having a small local association race with entries being around 25-40, I think sticking with the 4D payout would be great.  Still no equal payout.  There is an association around here that might have around 15 -20 show up and still pay 4D 1/2 split all the way.  Equal payout and they will pay 4-5 places.  Really splitting the money up too far.  If you have that few, I think even going back to a 3D 1/2, 1/2 , 1 might even be ok.  The way it is now with the small local shows you can't even afford to haul to them and get you entry back if you win 1st in the 1D.  

Having the 5D and 6D has made some shows bigger and better.  More money and better payouts.  Also for those just starting out or coming back from a lay off, it helps build their confidence back up again by at least giving them a shot a some $$$$$.  I myself have run in all D's, and you won't find me complaining about the payouts.  Right now I'm starting a colt and whatever D I fall in and win money in I'm not going to complain, and neither is my banker.  He's not going to tell me that he won't deposit my check because its not a 1D or 2D check.  It all spends the same.  Money is money.  Now days all people really care about is where they place.  Yes it makes you look good in the eyes of others and makes you feel good about yourself, but lets face it, with todays economy for crap, I'll take money no matter what D it comes out of.  At least I can afford to pay for part of my expenses.  So, yes, I vote to keep the 5D/6D payout but only at the big added money shows.  If you will notice, the at most of those, even if you place dead last in the 6D, you are getting you entry fee back plus about $5-$10 extra dollars.  So you broke even.

Producers, keep up the good work.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 02:10:47 PM by doc o lena bar »

Offline debhorses

• Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2008, 02:38:23 PM »
doc o lena bar :()&  :()&  :()& 

i'm grateful for any $$ that i receive, or any other type of award...
can't wait till May!!!

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2008, 03:08:32 PM »
Heck, no one takes me seriously!!!  (woohoo) (woohoo)

Offline lilbit

• Bittie Master of Mischievous
  • Posse Member
  • Fossil
    • http://www.myspace.com/txcanchaser74
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2008, 03:12:45 PM »

Mrs. Rodeo America or Betty Sue barrel racer... MONEY IS MONEY!!! 5D-10D-1D- WE ALL WANT TO GET A GOOD CHECK IF WE PLACE
Stefanie Medland

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2008, 03:14:33 PM »
Yes ma'am!!!!!  :)/\\ :)/\\

<(&)> <(&)> <(&)>

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2008, 03:20:13 PM »
I think who ever thought of the idea for a 6D barrel race is CRAZY. I am sure that Jo Ellen Cowan hates the 6D's also. Wait a minute didn't she just win $1,000 in a 6D race.
Bobby are you coming on here to start trouble again?   :ROFL2:
Tamet I dont like the colors on your web pages. I am going start a poll to get them changed. <()>

Boy, Im tellin ya.   I carry my poor teenage son to get his learners permit today and when I left there was only 2 pages on this thread, I come home and Bobby you are trying to sturrrrrrr things up.    :ROFL2:   I REFUSE to change the color on the forum  <()>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline trickyricky

• Mega Member
« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2008, 03:22:55 PM »
 :ROFL2:   :ROFL2:   :ROFL2:   :ROFL2:   :ROFL2:

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2008, 03:24:54 PM »
OK I am really going to start some s... now. One woman emailed me wanting to add 1/10's of seconds on everybody that weighed less than 160 pounds. Can you see me trying to weigh everybody before they ran. :crazy: :crazy:

Uh, I believe they call that handicapping in the racing world, and thats not hand clapping Bobby   :ROFL2:

Oh and Katy the answer is still NO, not changing the colors!!!   >:D
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 03:28:43 PM by Tamet Gould »
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2008, 03:30:26 PM »
 *:))* *:))* *:))* *:))* *:))*

Offline smitchell4

• Veteran Member
« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2008, 03:37:14 PM »
I suppose in my zeal to speak for the 6D format, I didn't indicate, for the big shows.  No, for the NBHA district show with Youth, SR, and Open, with 50 or so in the open, 4D is plenty, 5D is generous.  However, for the Destry, BobbyB, etc, with 300 + riders, I think it brings in more folks, and helps everyone.

Yep, Tamet, this has been a busy topic today...

Offline debhorses

• Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2008, 03:44:12 PM »
tamet..u should know that by now Booger cant be left alone to play well with others.... *:o
can't wait till May!!!

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2008, 04:18:43 PM »
HEY!!!!  There should also be a handicap for those of us with big ta-tas  :)/\\ !!!  Those things catch a lot of air if you don't stay low!!!  :cheeze: :cheeze: :cheeze: :cheeze: