8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Razzle Dazzle Series, Final race for the Saddles Sunday June, 1  (Read 10376 times)

Offline Rodeo63

Razzle Dazzle Saddle Series
SALT CREEK ARENA – BOYD TEXAS
APRIL 24 – MAY 29 – THURSDAY NIGHTS
WITH FINALE ON SUNDAY -- JUNE 1ST
To qualify you must pay a one time $25 nomination fee per horse, compete in 5 out of 6
races and win a check.  All check winners who have nominated and competed in 5 out
of 6 races will come back for the finale on Sunday, June 1, with a clean slate 4D barrel
race.  Custom hand-made Paul Humphrey Barrel Saddle’s will be given for 1st place in
each division.
Entry fee for Thursday night Saddle Series will be $25 per horse and a one time
nomination fee of $25 per horse if you wish to be eligible for the saddles.  You must be
nominated by May 1st.  All nominations are non-refundable one horse one rider, horse
change with a vet release only.
Sunday June 1st Razzle Dazzle Finale
All check winners will run in a Clean Slate 4D Barrel Race with 1/2 second splits with a $25 entry fee.  Finale will
start at 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, June 1st.  To follow we will be having a $500 added
open 4D with a $35 entry fee.  There will be exhibitions ran that
day from 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
contact Sam O’Dell 817-304-7261 or Paul Humphrey 817-304-5085

Offline tuff.enough

• Dinosaur!
  • Go Big or Go Home
Thank you for the information!!!!

I hope that everyone will come out and have fun...
Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living!

Offline Rodeo63

thanks see you there!!!

Offline CHANCEYSMOM

• Elite Member
 :()& :()& :()& :()& :()& :()& :()& :later: :later: :later:
Good People and Best Friends are found on ebarrel horse.

Offline horsehappy

I am new to this area and this board and I have a few questions, if that is okay?  I am from New York, please don't hold that against me!

First: You are have a race for saddles?  Who is the maker (Paul Humphrey never heard of these saddles?  I Have to complete 5 out of 6 races, and win a check?  Then the slate is cleaned and all that have met the nomination fee and the 5 out 6 - CHECK WINNERS, run on a clean slate?  Is this correct?  And then the Final is on a SUNDAY?  Why not a Thursday, if you run on Thursdays?  Then after the final you are going to hold another race, with $500 added, but the ones that didn't win have the option of carrying over their time?  This starts this Thursday?

I am confused!!!  Very confused!!!   I have never heard of anything like this, and I have been to a lot of "yankee" barrel races.  How many participants have signed up for the Saddle Series, if you don't mind me asking?  I don't want to get in if their is only a few, I live south of Fort Worth, and by looking at the map, Boyd is a ways from my house!  Sorry to be so nosy, but I am trying to understand, why wouldn't everyone that nominated their horse and got a time be in the finals?  Is their anyone available that can answer these questions please????  Thank you.

Offline Neigh

• Extreme Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
I am new to this area and this board and I have a few questions, if that is okay?  I am from New York, please don't hold that against me!

First: You are have a race for saddles?  Who is the maker (Paul Humphrey never heard of these saddles?  I Have to complete 5 out of 6 races, and win a check?  Then the slate is cleaned and all that have met the nomination fee and the 5 out 6 - CHECK WINNERS, run on a clean slate?  Is this correct?  And then the Final is on a SUNDAY?  Why not a Thursday, if you run on Thursdays?  Then after the final you are going to hold another race, with $500 added, but the ones that didn't win have the option of carrying over their time?  This starts this Thursday?

I am confused!!!  Very confused!!!   I have never heard of anything like this, and I have been to a lot of "yankee" barrel races.  How many participants have signed up for the Saddle Series, if you don't mind me asking?  I don't want to get in if their is only a few, I live south of Fort Worth, and by looking at the map, Boyd is a ways from my house!  Sorry to be so nosy, but I am trying to understand, why wouldn't everyone that nominated their horse and got a time be in the finals?  Is their anyone available that can answer these questions please????  Thank you.

Hi!  Welcome to Texas!  I am going to nominate for this interesting twist on a series and am looking forward to seeing how it turns out. 

I have been to several series races and don't care for drawing a name for a saddle, for sure.   I drive anywhere from 15 minutes to 1 hour & 20 minutes to a weeknight barrel race - I have driven an hour, one way to a weeknight saddle series - one saddle - 5D payout where the money is so divided that you can win the race and barely pay your fuel, entry and you and your horse's dinner for the night.

I know everyone has different reasons for preferring certain races and producers have their limits, but I appreciate the incentive this series provides.

I think that by having the "clean slate race" on a Sunday in conjuction to an added money race, it will bring many more racers than it would on Thursday night.

I have not ridden in a PH saddle, but they were provided as awards in an NBHA district I was a member of for a couple years, and the appearance of construction and design rates high with me, and in my opinion, would be well worth the $25 nomination to commit to the series and then come to the race on June 1.

I know Paul has a long list of accomplishments and has had a hand in training/competing on many well known barrel horses - I have known "of him" for quite a while, but I'm sure that someone who is closer to him could list them more accurately than I could, and there are many that ride in his saddles and hopefully they will see your question in this ongoing topic and share some insight on the construction and how they ride/fit.

I understand you asking questions...I, too, analyze races and am picky about which ones I spend my time and money on! 

Offline horsehappy

Thank you - Neigh.  Thanks for the info too, but still unsure of the "clean slate" idea, but as you say it is an interesting twist!  I am just used to like how a buckle series is done, and I don't like the drawing a name out of the hat idea either, we had one where it was a Summer Series, where it was the best in each D by the average, or I have also seen where it has been done by points.  I understand the producers having limits, I too have limits especially with fuel prices they way they are going, and unfortunately I will have to make cut some of the fat, to enjoy my expensive hobby!

Sunday's are inconvient for me due to all my commitments with my church!  Jesus, Others, Yourself...JOY!  God has blessed me and I feel that he must be my priority, and to do that I have to put him first, with my time and tide.  Just me!

What size are the saddles?  Does anyone have a picture?  What about a horse with high withers?  Just asking, I am not familiar with the saddle maker, and I have look on the internet, and can not find a picture, but I not very computer smart I could be doing something wrong.  Is their anyone that can give me more info/pics on the saddles?  Thanks!

Offline CHANCEYSMOM

• Elite Member
Sam has listed phone numbers you can call him but Paul is in Italy for a month but will be back in time for the finales. Sam is a great guy and has been doing this for a long time and he will answer all your questions.
Good People and Best Friends are found on ebarrel horse.

Offline roany

• Veteran Member
Paul's saddles are custom hand made to order.  You wont find them in store's anywhere.  You can order them any way you want.

Offline Rodeo63

Most saddle series in this area put the names of ALL the money winners in and draw for the saddle which means you could have won only 1 time and the last in the 4-D and win the saddle. With 4 saddles to give this would be hard to do, we wanted to make it a race and you have to qualify for the race (kinda like a short go for the saddles). The final race is being held on Sunday June 1 because many of our riders have kids and it makes for a long Thursday night. We wanted to give those who didn't make it to the saddle race a chance to try for a bit of the $500 added money. If we held this on thursday night and tried to run 2 races, we would be here till 3 am. I hope that helps you and we look forward to seeing you there. Paul and I have both been putting on races for many years, as far back as before the D's. This is the first time we have worked together.

SAM
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 12:58:42 PM by Rodeo63 »

Offline horsehappy

Ok, thanks for the info.  I understand a little better!  When is the last day to nominate?   How many do you have in the series as of today?  How many might you be expecting?  Do you have a website?  Where are the results posted?  What are some of the D times that are currently run?  So do you give the winners a certificate to get the saddle made or how does that work if they are custom made?

Sorry for all the questions, but with being new and I have never been to one of your's and Pauls's races, I just asking to see if it is worth my money and time, my horse filp flops between 3D and 4D and I can not afford to waste any money right now with fuel prices continuing to rise!  Thanks.

Offline Rodeo63

horsehappy, sent you a flyer for the series it has all the info you need

thanks Sam

Offline dmcd

• Veteran Member
I am super excited and can't wait for Thursday night!!!   :()& :()&

Question:  What time do the exhibitions begin and what time does the open start on Thursday nights?  Can you enter the exhibitions early?  What time do the books open?

Thanks!!  (hi there)

Offline horsehappy

Thanks for the flyer.  Thanks for helping me understand.  How many are nominated already?  I know last day is May1.  I had to re-read, I think I need glasses, getting a little old... :cheeze:

Offline Neigh

• Extreme Member
Thank you - Neigh.  Thanks for the info too, but still unsure of the "clean slate" idea, but as you say it is an interesting twist!  I am just used to like how a buckle series is done, and I don't like the drawing a name out of the hat idea either, we had one where it was a Summer Series, where it was the best in each D by the average, or I have also seen where it has been done by points.  I understand the producers having limits, I too have limits especially with fuel prices they way they are going, and unfortunately I will have to make cut some of the fat, to enjoy my expensive hobby!

Sunday's are inconvient for me due to all my commitments with my church!  Jesus, Others, Yourself...JOY!  God has blessed me and I feel that he must be my priority, and to do that I have to put him first, with my time and tide.  Just me!

That is good to hear that you are committed to your church!  I attend a cowboy church nearby, so I could attend both....I live quite a bit closer to Salt Creek than you do, though - that makes a big impact on where to run, I know. 

The money I save in fuel staying close to home will more than pay for the saddle nomination, for me.   Plus, with 4 saddles being given away, the chances of winning a saddle is higher than any other weeknight series I've been to.  I think the clean slate is kind of cool....it's like prequalifying for a race the race on June 1 - pay a $60 entry fee and on top of winning money, first in each D gets a saddle.....the clean slate doesn't lessen your chances of winning a saddle, either.

Well, anyhow, those are my thoughts......good luck at the races!!