8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Prayers for my daughter  (Read 3158 times)

Offline greyhound goddess

• Extreme Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Prayers for my daughter
« on: April 26, 2008, 11:12:29 PM »
Hi all. I am Jennifer Stewart and my youngest daughter is Kelly Stewart who is the barrel racer in the family. She is fine, but if you could please put my older daughter Kathleen Stewart in your prayers.  She is in terrible trouble with drugs - the worst crisis our family has ever faced.  Who could of thought it could happen to us.

Anyways your prayers for her healing and recovery, and strength for our family to get throught this time would be greatly appreciated.

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: Prayers for my daughter
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 11:15:31 PM »
Many prayers for your daughter and your family.  She may be the one with the problem, but it affects you all.  This is a very hard road you are on.  Many prayers that she can and will overcome this.  0:)
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 01:51:31 PM »
I had a drug problem many years ago never thought then  (or cared) how it affected my family. Now years later I can see it did and it also lead to 2 of my brothers being on drugs and 2 of my kids too. It ruined a lot of people's lives around me a guilt I have to live with all the time. My prayers are with you
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 02:15:28 PM »
Dear Lord, we are praying for supernatural strength from You to Kathleen Stewart to overcome her dependence on drugs.  We pray that she opens her heart to Your Holy Spirit and draws strength from Your love.  May she realize that she can depend on You and her family to get her through this challenge in her life.  May she learn that she is a person of value and worth in Your heart and the hearts of others.  May she feel the love of her family surrounding her at this moment.  Please provide people around her that can and will help her through this.  Please build up the strength and love of her family so that they will be able to not falter when needed the most to help Kathleen.  We pray for this family's unity.  In Jesus' name, amen.
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5