8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Prayers Needed for Rebecca Roberts of Athens,TX  (Read 20028 times)

Offline Janet Wheeler

• Veteran Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: Prayers Needed for Rebecca Roberts of Athens,TX
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2008, 10:45:49 AM »
Update from Sandra Bramhall
Some of you may have already heard some of this, but I did not want to leave anyone out.  Yesterday, Rebecca grabbed Shelby`s cell phone and dialed Cody`s number.  When his voice mail answered she hung up and smiled.  She remembered the whole number on her own.  Shelby was talking to her about Cody and Kyler being at a roping and she started really smiling BIG!!!!  She is still not talking or walking but this could come at any time.  Shelby also said she was showing Rebecca all of her text messages and she acted like she was going to text Cody and then she closed the phone.  Things are not happening as fast as her parents would like, so they are still having rollercoaster emotion changes.  Rebecca`s doctors are happy with her progress.  Her mom says she responds more to her friends.  She shows more improvement when Shelby and Reanne are in the room with her.  She ate a little applesauce and drank some milk shake.  She is still in ICU, and will remain there until her bed is needed.  They have talked about moving her into a room, but as of last night, have not done that.  On May 17, there will be a benefit roping for her in Athens.  Since we have a TJ that day, maybe we can pass the hat, or have a jar for donations since we can not attend.        DeleteReplyForwardSpamMove...

Offline rodeoratsmom

« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2008, 10:53:29 AM »
Janet,

Is Rebecca finally awake??  When did she regain consciousness? 

Offline Janet Wheeler

• Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2008, 11:12:15 AM »
That I don't know I have emailed Sandra. Will update.

Offline Janet Wheeler

• Veteran Member
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2008, 12:54:21 PM »
From Sandra, she didn't say but I think maybe Sat. or Sunday

she is awake.  She does still sleep alot,but mostly she is awake.

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2008, 07:33:39 PM »
That's wonderful news.  Continued prayers for her recovery.  (((((((HUGS))))))))
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.

Offline silverboots

• Elite Member
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2008, 10:28:45 AM »
Any more news on Rebecca's recovery? 

Offline Janet Wheeler

• Veteran Member
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2008, 12:14:38 PM »
Update From Sandra:
Sorry I have not sent out update on Rebecca until now.  I have been in jury duty for 2 days.  They are suppose to move her to Baylor Rehab today.  They have gotten her up a couple of times, and helped her walk.  She still is not talking, but has been writing notes and texting.  Her doctors are still happy with her progress.  They are expecting a full recovery.  It is just going to be a slow process.  They are guessing she will be in rehab for 3 or 4 weeks.  I am not real sure who`s guess that is.    At first her spelling was a little off, but now it nearly regular.(not many kids nowadays have good spelling anyway)   She also still has a great sense of humor.  She smiles all the time.  Kim said her mom told her why she was in the hospital and she just shook her head yes.  Please continue to pray for her recovery and patience for her family and friends.

Janet

Offline Coaster

• Extreme Member
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2008, 08:46:59 AM »
Janet, thanks so much for the update!  Everyone keep the prayers coming!!

Offline Janet Wheeler

• Veteran Member
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2008, 07:59:02 AM »
 I will update later this morning, Sandra Bramhall went too see Rebecca last night.

Janet

Offline Janet Wheeler

• Veteran Member
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2008, 09:30:42 AM »
UpdatDate: From Sandra
Tue, 13 May 2008 13:05:31 -0500
Subject: Rebecca [Scanned]
    We went to see Rebecca last night.  Shelby asked her to answer her instead of nodding her head and she whispered her answer.  She started talking just like that.  Everything is in a soft whisper.  She is improving everyday.  Last night she was so much like her old self.  She stills has a long way to go, but praise God, she is on her way to a full recovery.  Her personality seemed a little more outgoing than she used to be.  She is always sooooo glad to see her friends.  She wrote on a piece of paper that she can not wait to go home and ride her horse.  All she knows is that she was in an accident.  She will do anything Shelby tells her to do.  She wanted to put her make-up on and fix her hair last night because we were all coming to see her.  Her parents have still not gone back to work and will hardly leave her room.  It was so good to see how much she has improved in a week.   

Janet   

Offline Coaster

• Extreme Member
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2008, 09:57:33 AM »
Janet , thanks for the updates.  Sounds like she is still improving.  We're still praying everyday for her and her family!

Offline Janet Wheeler

• Veteran Member
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2008, 12:03:32 PM »
It has been a while since I posted, Rebecca is doing good improving every day, she was at a TJRA rodeo a couple weeks ago, just to watch. Keep her in your prayers.