8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Closed
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open!
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 1

Author Topic: Ben is really changing  (Read 7911 times)

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Ben is really changing
« on: May 06, 2008, 04:26:58 AM »
The last time we went to Austin the doctor gave Ben some new meds. and is is talking like crazy he tries to repeat just about everything. The only thing is he has decided he wants Kelly and only her now. At night he doesn't want to be with us and if Kelly isn't fixing his food he doesn't want to eat. He is starting to express his opinion and he is very opinionated. Hmm where did he get that from? Sometimes he is VERY LOUD about it too. He is a 2 year old in a 13 year old body and it makes it a little rough sometimes but I can see him getting better by leaps and bounds now. Which reminds me he has started standing up while jumping on the trampoline. Which means his balance is getting better too.
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
Re: Ben is really changing
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 07:56:43 AM »
That is so neat!  I have looking for this post for a long time!!!!
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 01:19:16 PM »
Another thing now he gets bored. That may not sound like much but before he was never aware enough to be bored. The thing is there are very few things that will entertain him. Even watching tractors get old after a while. Before he could watch them as long as they were running. Now after a couple of hours he is ready to do something else.
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 01:41:46 PM »
That's so great about Ben's improvements  :()& But it also sounds like his hormones are starting to kick in   :yes: 

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 05:23:18 PM »
That's so awesome!  I always look forward to hearing about Ben's progress. 
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 12:44:06 AM »
It has it's good and bad. Good cause he wants to be entertained and not just set around. Bad because he can't tell us what he would like to do except mow ride around in the car and swim. It is way too cold for swimming although he has gotten in the pool 2 times this year. Which was pretty funny because he wouldn't put his arms down in the cold water. He does watch music videos some but that gets old fast. I wish we could find a good tractor video he might like that.

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 04:10:23 PM »
RFD-TV has a tractor show series.  After it is over, they tell you about several videos you can purchase.  Check out their website for schedule.
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 10:09:53 PM »
I have gone to the web site and there is no way to order. You have to call them but they don't return your calls

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 08:10:22 AM »
I think you have to call during daylight hours!!!!!!!!

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 09:16:06 PM »
I did!