8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Bess Chaney Auction Results! WOW! $2166 Just from the Stallion Auction!!!  (Read 14272 times)

Offline cold n classy

• Dinosaur!
Joleen Hales, Texoma Quarter Horses, has graciously donated a breeding fee to a choice of 1 of 3 of her outstanding stallions!  All money raised for the breeding fee will be used towards Bess Chaney's medical/rehabilitation/living expenses.....

For those that don't know Bess....she is a fellow barrel racer that relocated to Texas almost 3 years ago.  She has worked on a ranch and was injured in a freak accident.  She fell from a retaining wall and as a result of the fall, crushed C3 thru C6 vertebrae in her neck.  She is paralyzed from the neck down.  Bess has held her WPRA card (Gold Card Member) and also qualified for the Sierra Circuit Finals 10 years in a row back in the early 80's from what I understood.  She is an outstanding person and is in need of any help that people may offer.  Due to lack of medical insurance, they are having hard times getting her accepted into a rehab center that performs the intense therapy she needs in order to help her regain use of her body. 

We have received the breeding donation from Joleen in order to help raise money for her and we want to say a huge THANK YOU to Texoma Quarter Horses for doing such!!

We will start taking bids on your choice of the following stallions.....our plans are to award the breeding fee to the highest bidder on May 25th on the day of her benefit barrel race.  You may post your bid here on the forum as it has all been approved through Bob and Tamet and I will check it on a regular basis. 

STALLIONS TO CHOOSE FROM:

PERKS ALIVE
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 10:49:17 PM by Gabe's Babe »
To be a champion inside the arena, be a champion outside the arena!  (Deb Mohon's words to me-1999)

I ride in hopes and prayers that Bess may walk again one day!

Offline cold n classy

• Dinosaur!
Re: BESS CHANEY BENEFIT AUCTION
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 01:51:38 PM »
I apologize for the error!  I hit the wrong key and it posted the topic before I was done!

STALLIONS TO CHOOSE FROM INCLUDE:

PERKS ALIVE
A  FUTURE FORTUNES  $$ INCENTIVE PROGRAM, VGBRA & SPEEDHORSE XL- STALLION. 
2001 -BLACK HOMOZYGOUS SON OF LEADING BARREL HORSE SIRE - DASH FOR PERKS- OUT OF THE 100% BARREL PRODUCING MARE - DUNNS ROCKET BUG, PRODUCING EARNINGS EXCEEDING $60,000 A DAUGHTER OF THE LEADING ALL TIME MATERNIAL SIRE OF BARREL HORSES - BUGS ALIVE IN 75
December 2007 - BFA OKC World Championship Derby Finalist, Placing 4th in the average, 5th in the first go round
PERKS ALIVE qualified to the finals (top 20 back of 145 ) at the Ft. Smith derby.
March 17, 200 - Speedhorse Derby - Tulsa   Perks Alive was 4th in the second go round & 12th in the first go round.  Making the top 15 back in the finals at the Speedhorse Silver cup Derby, finishing 8th in the short go, he ended up 6th in the average.
Participating in Futurities as a 4 Year Old - PERKS ALIVE made the finals to the following events:
2005 Speedhorse Gold Cup Futurity - 5th Place - Sharin Hall - Rider
2005 AQHA World Show Finalist - 6th Place Junior Barrels - Sharin Hall
2005 BFA OKC World Championship Futurity - Sharin Hall

RARE BAR
Owned By Texoma Quarter Horses
The Only True All-Round Sire In The Nation
1995 Champion Aged Running Stallion $236,000
Si - 114
2 - Time Track Record Setter. 6-Time Graded Stakes Winner.
By Rare Jet X Miss Fair Dolly By Fols Native
A Major Race & Barrel Horse Sire
A 3/4 brother  to All Time leading money earner & World Champion REFRIGERATOR, SI 115 $2,126,309
RARE BAR Is A World Champion Sire!!
His daughters are producing also!
RARE BAR is a documented carrier of the large heart gene & is passing it on to his offspring.
A champion stallion with striking halter horse looks
& proven Graded stakes, barrel racing & performance
horse siring ability. A proven outcross sire - producing performers from all types of bloodlines. His foals are athletes.
THE BAR - IS A 2-Time track record setter at 440 yards.
Sire of race & barrel racing money earners of over $1.7 Million & counting.

STREAKING TA FAME
A young son of Leading Barrel & Race Sire – Dash Ta Fame.
A pedigree for Racing or Barrel racing. 
Streaking Ta Fame is out of a AAA daughter & AAA stakes producing daughter of of Streakin Six. His second dam is a daughter of Champion – Sail On Bunny.
With striking looks- very clean headed, a great pedigree and a super kind mind, we feel this horse has the potential to be a major future sire.
He will be enrolled in the Oklahoma bred racing program & will be enrolled in all the major barrel incentive programs & campaigned as a four year old.

If you would like to see pictures of these beautiful stallions, please go to www.texomaquarterhorses.com and you will find further information on each of these stallions!!

The winner of the auction will be responsible for the shipped semen fee which is to be paid in advance.  Contracts are drawn up for each horse and will be signed by mare owner and Texoma Quarter Horses. 

Please contact me should you have additional questions!

Thank you to everyone!  NOW LET'S GET THE BIDDING STARTED!!!!!!!! 
To be a champion inside the arena, be a champion outside the arena!  (Deb Mohon's words to me-1999)

Offline cold n classy

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 03:22:06 PM »
bump

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 03:33:42 PM »
 !YIKES! WOW, those are some NICE studs!!!!  !YIKES!

Offline cold n classy

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 03:54:23 PM »
I think so!  We just need to get some bids going so we can raise money for a wonderful lady that is in great need of help!!

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 03:56:19 PM »
I'll start!!!   I bid $100.00.  This is great because you get to pick from 3 great studs!!!!!
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline cold n classy

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 04:34:40 PM »
Thank you Katy!  I thought they were pretty awesome studs myself!!!

You going to Glen Rose still?  I'm 144 on Friday night and 93 on Saturday night...maybe we can meet!

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 04:45:43 PM »
I am 114 and 182 on Fri night.  See you there!!!!!!!!

I have always drooled over Rare Bar!!!!!  I am a paint person, but to get a breeding to Rare Bar, I will breed my QH mare to him in a blink!!!!!  Maybe I can lease a really good homozygous paint mare just for the one baby!!!!  Oh, the possibilities!!!!!
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline CaughtYawl

• Fossil
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 04:46:58 PM »
lol Hopefully i'll be able to make a bid Monday after the reunion  roflmao
Can we say RUN Jet RUN

Offline Flyin' ~S~

• Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 05:17:23 PM »
 :TIGGER: OK, I'll bid $250.  I would love to breed to any of those studs! Now somebody hurry up and outbid me before my husband finds out!  :ROFL2:

Offline Barrelbasher

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 09:08:03 PM »
Is this breeding for this yr or next yr.  Also can you post info on the benefit barrel race.

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 09:40:03 PM »
When is the benefit???? I looked for it on the events page..... <..> <..>

I will bid $500 for a breeding! I was drooling over all the studs today! Oh, the choices! But, I would need the breeding in 2009......I assume that is when we are bidding for....Both my mares are already bred for this year...

Offline cold n classy

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 11:18:58 PM »
The contracts do not state it has to be for this year but I will double check for sure with Joleen since it is so late in the year. 

The Memorial Day Weekend race is on the events section but I emailed Tamet to update some information as I did not submit the original post.  However, I will create a post with all the information.

Thank you guys so much!

YES, THESE STUDS ARE REAAAALLLY NICE!!!  Keep the bidding going!  Bess is going to be totally amazed!!!

Offline cold n classy

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 11:22:37 PM »
Also please keep in mind, I am NOT set up for credit cards!  <COLOR GRIN> <COLOR GRIN>

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 08:29:17 AM »
 :TIGGER: :TIGGER: My Hubby told me to go ahead and keep the bidding going since he is IN LOVE with Perks...So, come on guys!  :TIGGER: :TIGGER: