General Category > Ben's Diary

Benjamins May Update 2008

(1/1)

Tamet Gould:
Well I have put this off and put this off for months, but I have people asking so I needed to update everyone.   In all honesty, my feelings are really hurt because Benjamin doesnt want to have anything to do with me anymore.   Im not sure why, I have my speculations, but, they are just that, speculation.

He is doing great.   A good analogy would be Rip Van Winkle.   Benjamin is literally waking up.   Most everything he does now is purposeful (now whether we think it is appropriate purpose or not doesnt really matter to him  rofl ).  He still stims, and he has some REALLY irritating behaviors like not wanting to be in the room with me  :\\((( but I will deal with it (just been having trouble with it for the last few months). 

I was really excited when we went to Austin in April because Dr Stewart felt it was time to start working on his myethlation system now, which of course I was wanting to do a long time ago but Ben wasnt ready.   So we added some more supplements and still have him on B12 shots every 3 days.   We saw a jump in his receptive abilities (dont think he doesnt understand what you are saying), sometimes I think he is easdropping!  roflmao  He is becoming VERY opiniated (he obviously gets that from Bob  :ROFL2: )  and he has an EXTREMELY SHORT FUSE  :! :! :!   But, I figure God gave him to me for a reason, I will just be glad when I figure it out  >THUD<

Now, I want you to know, that Ben is smarter than a whip and if he could communicate Im sure his IQ would be off the scales.   We can teach him things in a matter of minutes.   But, like any teenager his minutes of attention are $@&*   :ROFL2:

I am researching a new therapy and will keep yall updated.   Looks like Im going to have to have another Benefit race later this yr so we can keep up with what his Medicaid wont pay for (that is things that really help him like Metanx, Cerefolin, B12 shots, Saventaro, Milk Thistle, Acid to Alkaline, CO Q 10, and ABA therapy).   But, thank God Medicaid will pay for the Zithromycin, Flagyl, valtrex and amantadine and some of Dr Stewarts tests!   Anything helps!!!!!! 

Well we are having to deal with him minding so I better go.   He is so like most kids, you tell him not to do something and then he will turn right around and do exactly what you told him not to do!    :ROFL2:  So, while telling him not to do something you also tell him the concequences if he chooses not to mind.  Sometimes, he will mind and most of the time he will test you to see if you are as good as your word.   Now, let me tell you he DEFINITELY knows how to test your word!!!!   You have to be 6784 times more consistant with him than any other chilld I have ever seen.   Geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, it is tiring but it works in the end. 

Right now, we are really concentrating on him transitioning quietly from one activity to the next so that when we go to the grocery store or Wal Mart or any of those other accoustic buildings he doesnt try them out.    Because let me tell you, I am fixing to start slapping people that stop and stare at him in the store.   Some of them are so rude they look like deer stranded in headlights.   I have nearly (and on purpose) run over them.   I have at times felt like saying, why dont you take a d@#% picture?????    I guess they are used to people putting other people like Ben in homes so that they dont have to deal with them.   >MEAN<  *:) <IMSOMAD>

So, I am fixing to have a T Shirt made for him that says, "Im Autistic, whats your problem?"   :ROFL2:

Check back for later updates.   

Pam Cantwell:
Tamet, thanks for the update. What is the Zeolite stuff people are talking about? I haven't researched it at all yet, so I haven't a clue.

He may just being going through a teenage phase with you so hang in there.....

Get the T-$@&*!!  roflmao

Tamet Gould:
Well the transitioning technique is working.   Mainly because everyone has to do it with him, Bob, Joseph, his speech therapist, everyone.   We took him to Wal Mart last tues and he was as quiet as a church mouse, well maybe a church mouse in a pentecostal church anyway.    :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:   

There was no hollering or running for the door in other words.    <ROCKON> <ROCKON>

Kelly and I went down to Austin last week to check out a new kind of therapy and I was very impressed.   We take Ben this Fri so I will let yall know how it goes.    Im not going to talk about it yet because it will just be a tool that we add to the box.   Im really kinda excited and scared because it will show us just exactly how smart he is.   

Oh Pam Zeolite is used by a lot of DAN Drs for chelation

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version