8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Retail therapy suits me very well...  (Read 14026 times)

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
Retail therapy suits me very well...
« on: May 19, 2008, 02:31:13 PM »
Well, it's Day 1 of my 6 week body makeover.  Yes, you read correctly.  I bought the dang stuff off of the infomercial and I'm bound and determined to drop my extra luggage!  >MEAN<  My friend Emily signed up for a gym membership with the same gym that I have a membership through.  So that means that I will actually be putting it to use!  We are going this afternoon to "work out" which I'm sure will mostly be us doing some sort of cardio. Yay.  :blah:

The reason I am bringing this up, I need accountability!  I need a couple of people to keep me on track, because it takes nothing to derail me!  And I really want to loose weight and get back to looking and feeling good.  It's affected me so much that I don't even like to go out in public anymore, and I don't want to be like that.  So, here I am, laying it all out on the table.  I did my measurements last night, but I couldn't find a scale, so I'll weigh in later on today after I go to the gym.  Then after my workout it's to the grocery store to load up on "good" food and not the crappy food.  Not to mention I'm supposed to take some "before" and "after" pictures.   :nahnah:  The biggest thing with me is the meals and eating right.  I have no problem doing a workout, I just don't always stick to the meal plans.  So will you guys help keep me accountable?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 04:55:53 PM by Stacieleighmay »
My faith is the evidence of things unseen.
The fear of loss is a path to the dark side.
We ride never worry about the fall...I guess that's just the Cowboy in us all...

Offline Joleta Jane

• Veteran Member
  • My Guys!!!
Re: Day 1
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 02:43:54 PM »
Good Girl!  I am sure you will have alot of help keeping you on track....Hey what ever happened to the weightloss wagon that everyone on the board had joined, didn't they do weekly weigh ins?  Good luck!!!  :()&
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keep you strong, Sorrows keep you human, Failures keep you humble, Success keeps you glowing....
But only God keeps you Going!!!!

Believe it, Conceive it, and you will Receive it!!

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 04:24:43 PM »
 <ROCKON> <ROCKON> <ROCKON>

Offline KMc

• Mega Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 04:29:23 PM »
I am here for ya.  >PEACE<  I am going to go on Weight Watchers soon. I was going to start a few weeks ago but then my dad passed away.  :\\(((  So right now I am trying to get my life back on track and then I am on the Weight Loss Wagon.  :()&  What did you buy?  :((((
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."

Mona • Vie Distributor

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 04:40:45 PM »
We will have a daily thread kinda like the morning thread  :I Have it: ....I don't need to loose the weight but have been trying to eat better and drink a lot more water  (XXX) ......that's been my key was water, I drink it to fill up.....at first I was complaining of peeing every 5 min and gaining 5 lbs  :\\((( .......well now that 5 lbs is gone in just about 5 days, and with all the fruits yogurt (YES BANANAS!  :blah: ), lean meat like chicken & fish....I'm feeling better loosing a little weight!  But I'm sure hanging off the side of the wagon hanging on my just my toenails!!!  I want a hamburger, big fat juicy greasy with cheese and bacon and a large fries and chocolate for desert!!!  >THUD< So yea, I need the words of encouragement too!!!  >PEACE<
Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely.

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 04:58:57 PM »
Sorry to hear about your dad KMc.  (((((((HUGS)))))))) <(' ')>

Yes, I should do a thread every morning to keep you guys updated of what torture I'm putting myself through.  :cheeze:

I got the Michael Thurmond's Six Week Body Makeover.  Well see if my body makes itself over in 6 weeks.  Too bad it's not one of those things where you can just sit back for 6 weeks while your body goes off and does that on it's own.
We ride never worry about the fall...I guess that's just the Cowboy in us all...

Offline trickyricky

• Mega Member
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 05:03:10 PM »
I am doing the same thing and I need some help too. I drink nothing but water now, and eat really lean meat too. I hear ya about the hamburger. I did get off of it this weekend because I was in Glenn Rose, but I am back on it today.

:cheeze:

Offline Alleyway

• Mega Member
  • Ginger and Alleyway ready to roll
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 05:04:06 PM »
Kerrie~ You look like your in great weight to begin with! I'm sure just eating and drinking right will make you feel better.

Stacie~ you can do it! Just don't go into the grocery store hungry!

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 07:43:50 PM »
Alleyway, ain't that the truth!  NEVER go to the grocery store hungry!! 

I'll join the wagon with ya'll.  I still need to lose a few pounds.  I've got my 20 year high school reunion coming up next moth, so I've go start "throwin' some lines" to the ponies pulling this wagon and get it movin'!!! I'm kinda planning on all the moving we're doing in the next 2 weeks as my exercise plan.  I know that will keep me busy!!
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
Re: Day 2
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 09:46:19 AM »
Day 2 ~

Last night Emily and I went to the gym, and this morning my arms are sooooo sore.  But I guess that is a good thing.  We did 15 mins. on the treadmill, and then we did leg press, lat pull downs, bicep curls, tricep extension, rows, bench press and hyperextension.  Then of course I had to go to the grocery store to get some "good" food.  My diet is pretty much limited to the very leanest of proteins, like fish, chicken and turkey.  But I guess that is ok, just means I get to learn all different ways to cook it!  I was pretty proud of myself to sticking to my meal plan yesterday, although I did have to substitute things because I didn't have everything I should have, but I don't think I did anything to mess up my eating.

This morning I had a 1/3 cup oatmeal with cinnimon, and 2 egg whites with pepper and rosemary.  Of course, our stove doesn't work, so I have to cook eggs in the microwave, which I'm not a big fan of.  And in a little while I will have a snack.  I'm going to finish the other half of my smoothie from Smoothie King, that is if it thaws out!  If not I'm going to have 3 slices of turkey lunch meat and a peach.

I also need to read through the rest of my manual.  I'm apparently supposed to be doing some cardio routines, but I'm not sure what they are.  But I figured that 15 mins on the treadmill yesterday was better than nothing!

Offline trickyricky

• Mega Member
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 09:52:40 AM »
Great job Stacy sounds like you are really trying. I try to do at least 30min. on the treadmill and then I get on my ab lounge and use it for about 20min. I really need to get back on my eating right though. I haven't been sticking to it for about 5 days now. I need to go to the store though because I have run out of all my good stuff. That's probably been my problem for the last 5 days.  :ROFL2:

I am very proud of you. Keep us posted.  <ROCKON>

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 10:02:30 AM »
Thanks!  I am trying very hard.  I usually don't last very long on these things.  Like maybe a week, and then I slide right back to doing what I was before I started, and loose all progress that I made.

Of course on this plan I can't have ANY sweets at all.  I'm thankful that I at least get to have fruit, or I would die!  I need to come up with some ways to cook New Potatoes, since they are on my plan.  I don't know if there is something different between those and regular old russet potatoes, but it calls for new potatoes on my plan.  Whatever, I don't question the theory, I just do it.

However, I forgot to weigh myself yesterday.  :-\\\\\\\\  Maybe today I won't forget.  I was soooo tired last night, and I'm soooo tired this morning.  Must be from actually working out.  But it's a good tired.  And I was sleeping pretty good till the dogs started barking around 4 am.  I just wish I could have gotten to bed earlier.  I will remember that for tonight!  <SLEEPY TIME>

Offline trickyricky

• Mega Member
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 10:57:07 AM »
I take one vitamine B12 every morning. It really helps me during the day. You could take that.  ;)

Offline rodeoratsmom

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 11:06:31 AM »
Stacie, great job!!!  I started my "change" back in Feb and have lost 31 lbs to date.  It isn't easy to lose the weight, but just keep in mind as you see yourself going down, how great you look and how much better you feel!  It makes the day a little easier to take when you can see how you are coming along!

I wish you all the best!!!

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 11:09:51 AM »
Thank you all for the words of encouragement!

TR-  I've been taking a supplement called NingXia Red, I've just forgotten to take it the past couple of days.  <DUMMY ME>  I need to write myself a note.  <COLOR GRIN>

I remember a quote that I should probably write down everywhere in my house.  "Nothing taste as good as thin feels".