8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Retail therapy suits me very well...  (Read 14038 times)

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
Re: Day 3
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2008, 10:06:17 AM »
Oh Nikki, you are toooo kind.  <CANDY>

Kerrie- Here it is!!  <COLOR GRIN>

Well, it's Day 3!

Last night I went to the gym and did 30 mins. on the eliptical, it wasn't too bad.  I actually enjoy it a lot better than the treadmill, more like the dreadmill.

Then I went over to Jess's house and did my laundry (since we don't have a washer/dryer yet) and she made baked pork chops, black eyed peas and fried okra.  So I guess my dinner wasn't toooo bad.  I know I'm not supposed to have fried foods, but I didn't eat a lot of the okra, and only had 1 piece of the pork chop.  :cheeze:

For some reason I am soooooo tired.  I need to find out a way for me to get in bed before midnight.  I couldn't wake up this morning.  I am also going through my cookbook to look up recipies for breakfast, because I'm one of those "grad something while you're running out the door" kinda breakfast eaters.  So I think I'm going to try this Oatmeal Muffin recipe.  It looks pretty good.

Today I have a lunch date with an old friend of mine.  Her name is April.  I haven't seen her in a couple of years.  So that will be nice to see her again.  She's married and has 3 children, and her and her husband have horses.  We are meeting at Wings-N-More, so I need to find something to eat on their menu that isn't fried, and stay AWAY from the fried pickles with ranch....man those are good....EVIL...but good.   >:D
My faith is the evidence of things unseen.
The fear of loss is a path to the dark side.
We ride never worry about the fall...I guess that's just the Cowboy in us all...

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2008, 10:07:18 AM »
Yup it says Day 3.  No update from Stacy, but I'll give ya' mine.  

I don't even think I made it all the way onto the wagon before I fell off and bumped my head!  I woke up Monday with a horrible sore throat and sinus infection, so all I've been able to tolerate swallowing for the past 2 days is ice cream and cold stuff.  I'm home from work today, cause I woke up with a fever, so I guess more ice creme for me.  Maybe when the wagon passes back by, someone will give me boost so I can make it up there this time.

ETA: Well, you must have posted your update while I was posting this one.  Cause I swear it wasn't there before.  Unless of course I taken too much cold medicine and am seeing things again.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 10:13:56 AM by turnincircles »
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2008, 10:09:36 AM »
Turnin-  You should try that sinus rinse from Neil Med.  You can get it from Wal-Mart.  I had a horrible one this year, and that cleared it right up.  Plus I could breathe after I used it.  Hope you get to feeling better.  (((((((HUGS))))))))
We ride never worry about the fall...I guess that's just the Cowboy in us all...

Offline KMc

• Mega Member
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2008, 10:12:06 AM »
I felt really bad yesterday, I have been fighting it for a week, and all I wanted to eat was a cheeseburger and fries. I order one and the burger did not even taste good. I did eat the fries because they are so good.
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."

Mona • Vie Distributor

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2008, 10:16:35 AM »
My friend got a burger the other day from Wendy's and got home and was eating it, and when he got to the middle of it, it was pinkish/red, and had red juice coming out of it.  >YELL<  Needless to say, he threw it away.

I got a fever blister than came up on my lip yesterday, I hate those.  I had put some stuff on it, but no matter, it got bigger anyway.  And then this morning I look in the mirror, and I have ANOTHER one right next to it!  >THUD< 

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2008, 10:17:05 AM »
I didn't the sinus rince thing yesterday and again this morning.  YUK!!!!!!!!!!  I can breath a lot better and my throat is not as sore as it was yesterday, but I'm stilling running a little bit of a fever which always makes you feel like poo-poo!  I don't have time to be sick, I've got lots of things to do.   <DUMMY ME> <DUMMY ME>
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2008, 10:21:40 AM »
Stacie ~ on another thread someone said to take Lysine (sp?) and that would make the cold sores go away quick.....I think they tried it and it worked fast....it was on a morning thread I think.....
Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely.

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2008, 10:33:06 AM »
KMc ~ the no smoking is going pretty good....although my truck looks like a rat  :mickey: lives there!!!  I got gum wrappers stuffed in every cubby hole there is  <..> !! 

Yesterday was pretty good.......I had my usual banana  :cheeze:  and yogurt and a handful of almonds..........then drank the heck out of the lemon water to keep my mind off the fact that I'm starving  :outta my mind: !!!!!  Really not starving just the munchies......then for lunch I had broccoli rice casserole and green beans and a ton of water.......munched on yogurt and almonds for afternoon snacks and had meatloaf, seamed veggies, and mashed potatoes, and a Coors Light  :BEER: ......Yea I know I didn't do too good towards the end......I start off well but loose steam at the end of the day.  I did crunches, squats and lunges though when I got home......  >THUD<
Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely.

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2008, 10:58:12 AM »
Well doing something is better than doing nothing!  I didn't exactly stick to my meal plan yesterday either, but I'm not going to beat myself up for it, because I could have just gone and gotten a hamburger or something like that.

I have some L-Lysine, I'm just almost out, so I need to go get some more.

TxBarrels

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2008, 02:05:32 PM »
Just wanted to chime in and tell everyone how great it is that y'all are eating healthy.  Don't think of it as "losing weight" but rather improving your life.  Eating healthy does so many great things for your body.  BTW - just keep in mind that it takes 21 days to start a new habit/ break an old one.  So if you can just get past a month of eating right and exercising, it should get easier.  Although, I'm sure there are some of you out there that might disagree with that, LoL!  Also, Stacey, they have these new bags now (I think they are made by Zip Loc but I could be wrong) for steaming veggies in the microwave.  I have not tried it, but its something to check into.  Keep up the good work, everyone!  Also, don't worry about weighing yourself.  Just do what your doing and only weight in about once a month, it'll make you feel that much better if you don't think about the weight and then get a great suprise when you see how much you've lost!

hardtimeshorses

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2008, 02:14:01 PM »
I got some stuff at wal mart there where they have all the cold sore meds called herpacin, it is like chapstick and it worked immediately.  I havent had anything work this fast or this good.  It was about $5 for the tube but I keep it in my purse now.

Congrats on all the good work you all are doing, almost have me talked into jumping on the wagon.

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2008, 02:23:46 PM »
TxBarrels and Hardtimeshorses-  Thank you for the kind words of support and advise.

I am only supposed to weigh myself every 2 weeks, but I also take measurements.  And that is really the only thing I care about is loosing inches.

I think it's good that I'm learning to eat healthier too.  I have been told by several people in the EMS that I need to do that, because going into the medical field you have to take care of your body, or you aren't any good to your patients.  But I will keep in mind that it will take almost a month of comittment to break any old habits and keep new ones.

I have tried that herpacin L before, in fact I may still have some.  It works a little bit for me, but not very well.  The only thing that I have found to work is Denavir, but it's a prescription, and I can't get it, cause I don't have insurance and don't want to pay for it right out.  So I was trying to see what other natural or herbal ways I could do or use to get it to go away.  I just hope I don't wake up in the morning and have a third one.

And if anyone else feels like jumping on the wagon, feel free!  :cheeze:

TxBarrels

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2008, 02:28:33 PM »
Hey, I think we should all start sharing some great healthy, but great tasting recipes to try.  I know for me, the biggest challenge in eating better is actually cooking healthy food.  Another problem I have is that I'm not big on veggies.  I like lettuce, tomato, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers, and spinich (either leafy in salads, or cooked into food) but as for anything else, NO WAY!  And I would LOVE to eat more fish since there are so many great health benefits, but I don't like it!  So, I am definitely open to any suggestions you guys have for cooking healthy meals...that please a family!

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2008, 02:43:00 PM »
I have one for breakfast.

Oatmeal Muffins

Serving Size & Suggestions:
This recipe makes 6 muffins/servings

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups raw oats, ground in a blender or food processor
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. sugar free maple flavoring
6 tsp. Splenda
12 egg whites

Directions:
1.  Mix everything together in a large mixing bowl.  You want your batter to be stiff, so you may have to add a little more ground raw oats for this.

2.  Divide the batter into 6 muffins, using large size muffin tins.  Use a little cooking spray if you want, but no muffin papers.

3.  Bake 29 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.

Note:
For an extra tasty treat, try adding 1/2 cup of blueberries to the batter while mixing and you'll have scrumptious Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins fresh from the oven.

This recipe freezes very well.  Just thaw a muffin in the fridge then microwave for about 30 seconds on high to reheat.

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2008, 02:47:28 PM »
I found some really good steamed veggies in the freezer section at HEB and I think they carry them at wal-mart too.  They're made by green giant and come in a steamer bag that you fix in the microwave.  There are several different varieties to choose from and they all have a really light butter type sauce on them.  Low in fat and they taste really good.  

My day 3 has been ok.  I had a banana, OJ and 1/2 a bran muffin for breakfast.  Lunch I had an apple and some chocolate milk.  Not sure what's for dinner yet.  Haven't felt like exercising though.  Maybe tomorrow I'll feel better.