8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Retail therapy suits me very well...  (Read 14029 times)

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
Re: Day 3
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2008, 04:09:55 PM »
Lunch was good......grilled chicken, rice, and salad......but darn Logan's had to add the dinner rolls!!!   BAD BAD BAD!!!  :!

Must work out sometime between now and dinner cause its enchiladas rice and beans tonight  HUNGRY.....McHottie's  :Cloud 9:  last supper so to speak....can't eat or drink anything after midnight till surgery's over.  <psssttt> <psssttt>
Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely.

Offline gobabygo

• Fossil
  • ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2008, 04:33:08 PM »
I didn't do so good my first day on the wagon either! My son got out of school at 11:30 so we got Mc Donalds, I know I could've got a salad but wheres the fun in that?! And ice cream is my biggest downfall, there still half a carton in the freezer, and I hate throwing away perfectly good food. I'm going to make pork steaks for supper and probably salad and I can't decide what kind of potato. If the wind wasn't blowing a 8756442 miles an hour we would be walking down the road right now!

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2008, 04:39:53 PM »
I had grilled chicken, rice, grilled veggies and garlic bread for lunch.  I could have been better too, but oh well.  I was meeting up with an old friend of mine, and it was fun.

Now I'm not sure what I'm going to have for dinner either.  <..>
My faith is the evidence of things unseen.
The fear of loss is a path to the dark side.
We ride never worry about the fall...I guess that's just the Cowboy in us all...

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
Re: Day 4 and 5
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2008, 09:41:51 AM »
Well the end of Day 3 wasn't as good.  I didn't go to the gym, I had to go with my friend to feed his horses, so that I could see what to do this weekend while he and his girlfriend are out of town.  So I guess it wasn't a complete loss.  I did however have chocolate chip cookies.  <DUMMY ME>  I know, not on the meal plan.

Day 4 I did ok.  Again I didn't get to make it to the gym because I had to go out with my room mate to the lady's house she takes care of, so that I could see how to feed her 4 horses, 2 cats 1 dog and Newt.  It took forever, this lady has VERY detailed instructions.  But it's kinda cool to see that if she put that much time and effort into creating a book on how to care for her animals (and I'm talking color coded, chocked full of pictures), she must really love and care for them.  And my meal plan wasn't as great as it could have been.  I didn't eat anything fried, but I did have some sweet tea, and some more chocolate chip cookies.  <(::)>

So today is Day 5.  So far not doing too bad.  Emily and I are going to the gym this afternoon.  Thank goodness.  I probably need to run 132409724957 miles to undo what I have or haven't done the past couple of days.  On a different note, I'm supposed to be getting my new saddle today!  :TIGGER:  I can't wait for it to get here!
We ride never worry about the fall...I guess that's just the Cowboy in us all...

Offline gobabygo

• Fossil
  • ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2008, 10:33:25 AM »
I guess I've done ok. I threw out the rest of the icecream, cuz I knew it would call my name very LOUDLY! We just got back from our walk, it took us 45 minutes to go to the bridge and back, about 3 miles total. I didn't think that was too bad. I'm really dieing for some chinese food from the place right across the road from work! I might just have to get some tomorrow!

Offline Woodys Mama

• Dinosaur!
  • Woody Rock'n & Roll'n
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2008, 10:38:08 AM »
that infomercial made it look REALLY good!!!
let us know how it works....my mom ordered it....but I dont think she has OPENED The BOX
Live life like you were dying, let the people and animals CLOSE to you know you love them!!!

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2008, 11:07:33 AM »
LOL, I wish it just all worked through osmosis.  :ROFL2:

Chinese food, that sounds good.  :cheeze:

Offline flyinglow

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2008, 11:08:19 AM »
I have a recipe that is excellant, 1 pot meal.

Fry 4 pc of bacon, drain almost all the grease off
salt, pepper, and paprika 1 boneless, skinless chicken
in grease and brown.  Remove from skillet when browned
and add 1 cup of brown rice and brown lightly, add a can
of mexican tomotoes and 3 cups of chicken stock, add
as much baby spinach as you can get to wilt down,
 mix together, put chicken back on top, cover and pop in oven for
45 minutes to an hour.

This recipe can be adjusted to any diet, low fat- loose the bacon and use olive oil
low carb- loose the rice and add onions, roasted red peppers for flavor
A woman who wishes to be equal to a man, lacks ambition

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2008, 11:38:22 AM »
MMMMMM, sounds good.

Offline flyinglow

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2008, 12:45:40 PM »
It is good, my husband is a picky eater and this is one of his very favorite comfort dishes.  I do wish we could get more members to post recipes, that are easy to fix and either low fat or low carb.  I am always on the look out for healthy recipes.  The older I get, the more fat attaches to me, I swear every friend I have losses weight and I find it for them.  I going to have to do something besides the exercises that I am doing now to shock my body into letting go of the fat.
A woman who wishes to be equal to a man, lacks ambition

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2008, 01:57:50 PM »
Just some words of advise:
for those on here who are in their teens and early 20ies your metabolism is much faster than those of us over 30.....that being said you young pups can eat once a day and drop 5lbs in a few days.....I know I used to do that.......then after two kids and 30 came my metabolism slowed way down and eating once a day like I'd done before only backfired....see the only way to speed up your metabolism is to eat small meals throughout the day....if you only eat 1 or 2 meals a day and nothing in between your body stores the fat asap because it does not know when the next time its going to get more fuel.....if you eat small meals or snacks throughout the day your body will not store as much fat because it doesn't need to thus speeding up your metabolism....

That being said....don't beat yourself up for the cookies Stacie, you've made up for them by eating better throughout the day.....as long as your not sitting there eating the whole bag, a few hear and there won't hurt......just set realistic goals for yourself that way you don't feel as though you've let yourself down that will make it easier to keep on the right track...just eat breakfast #1!!!  That fuels you for the day and snack on healthy stuff and maybe a sweet here and there (not everyday and in moderation as rewards for yourself) Don't stuff yourself silly on lunch and dinner and try not to eat dinner after 7pm........I think your doin great!!! :)/\\

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2008, 03:18:57 PM »
I have a slow metabolism anyway, so if I even look at something delicious  <CANDY> I gain 5 lbs.  <DUMMY ME>  I have been eating better since then though.  I know that it's important to not beat myself up, I just hate it when I backslide so early in the game.

This weekend should be interesting.  Got the whole house to myself.  <ROCKON>  At least until Sunday afternoon.

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
Week 2
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2008, 11:05:59 AM »
Well it's week 2.  This weekend was kind of a bust.  I wasn't terrible, but wasn't great.  I did a lot of cleaning in my room, since we've moved in, I still haven't unpacked everything and really gotten settled.  I am so freaking tired right now.  I went swimming yesterday, and I didn't think that I did very much, but today I'm just exhausted!  Kinda feel a little sick too, I think I accidently drank too much pool water.  >YELL<

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
Re: Week 2
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2008, 11:31:12 AM »
You'll get it!!!  :)/\\ Mine wasn't too bad.......I ate pretty good and kept the portion sizes pretty small......lots of water.....but I do like beer and ain't givin that up.....and now that I have 3 horses to ride this week, with the pool for afterwards and cycling with McHottie....this week should be pretty good!  :cheeze:

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
Re: Week 2
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2008, 12:02:07 PM »
Kerrie- Sounds like you had a good weekend.

I ended up taking my mare Lula to my friend April's house.  She and her husband are going to work with her on tuning her up and they are also going to be working with me on giving me lessons to boost my confidence under saddle.  I'm going in the right direction, I just need all the saddle time I can get, and need to know more about what I'm doing.  I understand the basics, just need to fine tune them and get them down solid.  So I'm excited about that.  Lula is a big mare for me, so she can be intimidating at times.  But so far things are going ok.  They are going to work with her during the week, and then on the weekends I'll go over and take lessons and work with her too.  Can't wait to see how it all turns out.  :Cloud 9: