8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Retail therapy suits me very well...  (Read 14037 times)

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
Re: Week 2
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2008, 12:15:58 PM »
I'm about to fall off this wagon!!  Did I say "fall", I meant JUMP!!!  Mother Nature sucks  (XXX)  and I WANT CHOCOLATE  <CANDY> !!!  And lots of it!!!  >THUD<
Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely.

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2008, 12:34:30 PM »
 :ROFL2:  Tell me about it.  It's that time of the month for me, and all I want is chocolate!  Lots of it!  I think it's ok if you have a craving to have a LITTLE bit, just not a whole bag or cookies or something crazy like that.  Otherwise your craving will get worse and worse!
My faith is the evidence of things unseen.
The fear of loss is a path to the dark side.
We ride never worry about the fall...I guess that's just the Cowboy in us all...

Offline Gena Brent

• Elite Member
  • Chasin my tail!
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2008, 01:02:57 PM »
I'm not sure how the heck I missed this thread!  Way to go Stacey!!!  Just remember, it's the long-term effect you are going for.  Keep your eye on your goals and you'll get there!

I've been working REALLY hard since Feb 08 to eat healthier, feel better and ultimately lose the weight.  It's a fight daily!  I'm currently doing the Weight Watchers Core Plan and absolutely LOVE it!  I have tried every gimmick, fad diet, diet pill and anything else I could dig up to lose the weight.  Ultimately, it has been the decision to live longer and get healthier for my daughter that has triggered a long-term change.  This is definitely an effort that requires support.  I'll definitely join your thread and am happy to offer up suggestions, tips and recipes.  I get lots of them from my WW buds and friends I work with. 

I am 33 years old and have be overweight the majority of my life.  With the help and support from WW, I've managed to lose 20 lbs and I'm so pleased with the results thus far.  YOU CAN DO IT TOO!  I promise, if I can, you can. 

Offline KMc

• Mega Member
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2008, 01:21:22 PM »
I started on WW last week. I was haveing chocolate attacks yesterday too. Not to mention just a rough day. One of the roughest I have had lately after losing my dad. I finally broke down and got a butterfinger and ate it. Today no chocolate attacks yet. I did like KerriL and brought a bottle of lemon to put in my water here at work.

Keep up the good work everyone!  >PEACE<
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."

Mona • Vie Distributor

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2008, 02:50:28 PM »
 >THUD< >THUD<  ok I'm still hanging on by my fingernails!!!  I went to sonic and got a hamburger and onion rings......cut the burger in half and threw away the rest and part of the bun....split the onion rings in half which gave me about 3......I needed something fried since its been about a week!!!  I can only eat so many bananas before I just cant TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!  :\\((( :\\(((

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
Re: Week 2...the Breast Cancer 3-Day
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2008, 03:11:09 PM »
Thanks for the support Gena!  I'm sure I could use some chicken or turkey recipes if you got any?

KM-  I don't think 1 butterfinger will kill ya.  I had a craving yesterday for chocolate, and I got a small chocolate shake. 

Kerrie- At least you cut your stuff in half.  Portion size is sometimes kinda tricky for me, seeing how my eyes are bigger than my stomach.   >:D

Well, I'm thinking of registering for Breast Cancer 3 Day.  It's a 3 day marathon that will be held in Dallas/Ft. Worth in November.  You do 60 miles over a course of 3 days, and it all goes to benifit Susan G. Komen for the cure.  I'm really feeling compeled to do this since my friend Jamie lost her dad to cancer this year, my friend Connie just lost her mom to it, and my room mate's cousin was diagnosed with breast cancer.  It just seems like something I need to do.  The kicker is, I would have to get into SHAPE, and not the round one I have been in for a while.  But I'm thinking, heck, that is motivation.  It's not just for me anymore, it's for a good cause.  And I would also have to raise $2,200 by November in order to participate.  I'm just not sure if I could do it.  What do you guys think?
We ride never worry about the fall...I guess that's just the Cowboy in us all...

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2008, 03:16:53 PM »
Go for it girl!!!  However the only way you'd get me to walk that far is if you put Matthew McConaughey on a rope and dangled him in front of me the ENTIRE way, and let him go when its over  >:D .....well off the rope anyway!!!  :cheeze:

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2008, 03:28:17 PM »
I guess I'm just nervous about doing something like that.  I mean, that's a big thing to do!  Raise $2,200 for the cure, and do a 60 mile marathon over 3 days!  I know I have 6 months, give or take, to get in shape and get ready, I guess I'm just unsure if I could do it.  WHEW! 

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2008, 03:35:16 PM »
I believe you could do it!!  I'm sure you could walk it if you needed and I'm positive there will be many you will out do and who are in much worse shape then you thought you were in......heck I bet you will be walking with someone that has cancer and is going through treatments......just look at is as if those can take cancer treatments and make that walk you bet your sweet buns you can make it too!!!  :)/\\

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2008, 03:39:48 PM »
That's a good way to look at it, I didn't think of it like that.  Thanks Kerrie!

Offline KMc

• Mega Member
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2008, 03:58:13 PM »
I know you would be able to do it. Like Kerrie said there will probally be people fighting cancer in the marathon. The money will be easy for you to raise. I am sure when your friends find out that their family has inspired you to do it they will be blessed and more than willing to donate. You got six months to get in shape and you are on the right track with your diet and working out with your friend.  I think if you feel the urge in your heart to do it than Go For It!!  :)/\\ We will be behind you and encouraging you all the way!  >PEACE<  :TIGGER:
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."

Mona • Vie Distributor

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2008, 04:07:45 PM »
I'm waiting to hear back from my friend who has a team that she is taking to the 3-Day.  I'm going to join her team, hopefully, and then get registered and start my training and money raising!

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2008, 11:26:35 AM »
I was waiting for you Stacie but couldn't take it!!!  Strawberry yogurt and a handful of almonds  :\\((( ...holly  >MOO< !!!  How do people make it on this stuff!@%&*#$#@!!  :\\((( .  I'm so sick of water and the bathroom I could just  >YELL< !!
Going back and reading some of this thread I appear to be the only whiner  :blah: !!

Diets......... <psssttt> <psssttt> <psssttt> <psssttt> <psssttt>

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2008, 11:37:56 AM »
 :)/\\ OK, girls! Sounds like you guys are doing GOOD! I am having chocolate fits right now as well.....stupid hormones...But, instead of dinner, I had a coconut snickers....  :(((( :(((( :((((

Offline KMc

• Mega Member
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2008, 11:48:34 AM »
I am trying to drink only water.  :!  :nahnah: I cant live without my sweet tea.  All this added stress from trying to move and what to do with all my stuff is making me go crazy and need more chocolate.

Kerrie ~ dont worry all i seem do at work is walk down the hall to the bathroom every 5 mins.

Mona • Vie Distributor