8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Retail therapy suits me very well...  (Read 14032 times)

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
Re: Week 2...the Breast Cancer 3-Day
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2008, 12:24:37 PM »
KMc ~ good to know!!  Heck the toilet here doesn't stop running before I'm using it again!!!!!  >THUD<
Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely.

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2008, 02:08:41 PM »
Sorry, got a little busy this morning.

It sounds like you are doing good though!  I went home for lunch to find that my room mate has written an inspirational message on the fridge, of course now I can't remember it.  We had one that said "When you fail to plan, the you plan to fail....write down your dreams!".   

Well, I did 30 mins. on the eliptical last night, not too bad.  I had chicken tortilla soup and mac and cheese from McCallisters, ( I know, not so good with the mac and cheese).  And then this morning I had oatmeal for breakfast, then I had a peach for mid-morning snack, and then I had a roasted chicken breast 6" sandwich from Subway for lunch.  I have this BAD habit of putting ranch dressing on it, so now I'm using their spicy mustard....OMG  it's sooooooo good.  But then again, I put lots of onions on my sandwich too.

And.....this may be a little off topic....but last night I got to talk to Nick.  :Cloud 9:  Stayed up till 2:30 am talking on the phone.  He's getting better, he's actually talking more, instead of me just hearing myself ramble on and on.  Of course, I'm dog tired, but it was well worth it.  Only 4 1/2 more weeks after this week till he comes back here and I can't wait.   ;)
My faith is the evidence of things unseen.
The fear of loss is a path to the dark side.
We ride never worry about the fall...I guess that's just the Cowboy in us all...

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2008, 03:05:47 PM »
Good job!!!  :)/\\ at least you worked out.....I felt soooo bloated  :blah:  I laid on the couch!! lunch was not too bad for me I had a single taco from FastTaco which is everything but fast!!! And I'm guzzling water  <psssttt> <psssttt> <psssttt>

Offline KMc

• Mega Member
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2008, 03:19:30 PM »
I had a salad for lunch and just had sugar free jello for a snack. Water, Water and more Water.  >OUTTAHERE< :craper:

Kerrie How much water do you drink a day?
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."

Mona • Vie Distributor

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2008, 03:33:19 PM »
Yeah, I'm sucking down my water too.  I was always told that 2 liters a day is what you need to shoot for, unless you are working out, then you need to drink more.
We ride never worry about the fall...I guess that's just the Cowboy in us all...

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2008, 03:51:41 PM »
I had a salad for lunch and just had sugar free jello for a snack. Water, Water and more Water.  >OUTTAHERE< :craper:

Kerrie How much water do you drink a day?

Yep, at least 8 cups a day......feels like sooo much more...heck I get cardio just from running to the bathroom....who needs a treadmill just drink H2O!!  :cheeze:

Offline Gena Brent

• Elite Member
  • Chasin my tail!
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2008, 06:10:18 PM »
Hey girls - Sounds like ya'll had a good day!  Hang in there on the water thing - it does get better.  Don't get me wrong, I still scope out a potty in every building I enter, but the urge to go every 5 minutes seems to subside after about a month.  WW recommends drinking six 8 oz. glasses of water per day.  At first, I struggled to get it down, now I find myself drinking way more than that.  (I struck a bargain with myself - I can have a cup of coffee or a soda, but only if I drink the same amount of water immediately following.)  I've come to appreciate the sound of a flushing toilet - it's the "good bye" tone of calories.  Every time you flush, you wash away some calories!  I think I should go flush now, just for the heck of it! 

Sorry I'm not out here more often, work is nuts right now.  ARGH - which makes me want to eat.  Work stress is an instant apetite stimulant for me.  Luckily, on the Core Plan, I can have all the popcorn, endemame and fruit I want.  When those things don't work, I go for the 1 point caramel/choco bars which are quite tasty!  I also must have my 1 or 2 point ice cream snacks EVERY night!  (MUST have for survival!)  I don't really feel deprived at all!  Keep up the good work!  It's OK to stumble, I'm slowly learning that the important part is GET UP!  In the past, if I messed up, my theory was "What the heck, I've messed up now, why not do it right?"  I'd then proceded to eat the entire carton of ice cream, bag of chips, pizza, bag of candy.... You get my drift.  Have a good night all!

Offline Gena Brent

• Elite Member
  • Chasin my tail!
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2008, 06:13:32 PM »
Almost forgot - Stacie - You go for it girlie!  You can do it and think of what a great cause you'd be supporting!!  I have a very close friend I work with who has now lost 85 lbs.  She competed in her first marathon about six months ago and is now considering a tri-athalon!  She's a totally normal person too and will be the first to tell you that if you had told her she'd be running/swiming and biking three years ago, she would've wet her pants laughing at you!!

Offline Gena Brent

• Elite Member
  • Chasin my tail!
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2008, 09:38:51 PM »
I just had a really YUMMY really low cal/low fat treat that cures the choco cravings.  Make fat free/sugar free chocolate fudge pudding mix.  (Only 35 calories when made by the instructions using skim milk.) Put about 1 cup of it over sliced banana.  YUMMY!!!  The key here is the chocolate fudge mix vs the regular choco mix.  It's SOOO good and totally chocolaty!  For those on WW it's zero points for Core and almost no points for Flex. 

For dinner I made spaghetti w/ 94% lean hamburger, homemade sauce and whole wheat spaghetti noodles.  I've actually begun to prefer the WW pasta.  It's got it's own flavor.  Ahhhh - full and happy.  Time to go snuggle up with my cutie pie and my hubby.  Night ladies!

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2008, 09:03:29 AM »
Gena ~ thanks  :blah: .....I've now drooled all over myself  :outta my mind: !!!!!!!  Fudge and bananas!!!  :Cloud 9: :Cloud 9: :Cloud 9:  will have to try that tonight!!

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2008, 10:23:06 AM »
MMMMM, Chocolate!  I get paid today, so after paycheck goes through, and I pay rent, I'm going to see what I have left over to get registered for the Breast Cancer 3-Day. 

I didn't get to go to the gym yesterday, but I did spend a while combing out my mares mane and tail, it had 237405972340 burrs in it, so that was fun.  And I had McCallisters again for dinner last night.

This morning I had oatmeal, and i have some applesauce waiting for me for my snack.  Still working on drinking enough water though, it's a tuffy.

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2008, 10:39:27 AM »
I'm not doing too good this morning....ran out of time for breakfast and only had a handful of almonds and my coffee......too nervous to eat cause Kolt's play this afternoon......but salad for lunch with some chicken sounds pretty good.  :cheeze:

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2008, 11:19:23 AM »
Yeah, that does sound good.  I think I'm going to get a sandwich from Subway, or maybe a wrap.  That sounds pretty good too.

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2008, 11:27:54 AM »
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM  HUNGRY HUNGRY

Offline Gena Brent

• Elite Member
  • Chasin my tail!
« Reply #89 on: May 30, 2008, 01:34:24 PM »
Having some salad and leftover spaghetti myself.  Lunch is one of my favorite parts of the work day :()&

Kerrie - Good luck on the play!  I know you're so proud of your little guy!