8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Ashleigh Lewis needs us!!  (Read 16790 times)

Offline Waitin on Cross

• Mega Member
Re: Ashleigh Lewis needs us!!
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2008, 03:25:33 PM »
Lauren Thanks for keeping us updated on Ashleigh!!

Many prayers and wishes to you guys!!
 <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')>
ASHLEY NELSON

Offline skippydixon

• Novice Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2008, 04:17:14 PM »
Many, many prayers going out to the Lewis family.  0:) 0:) 0:) Thank you, Lauren, for keeping us updated.  Ashleigh is a tough girl & will pull thru this! 

Offline 4BSRanch

• Elite Member
  • My Sadie!
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2008, 05:13:53 PM »
incase some missed the hospital ecard info:

you can send emails and cards through the hospital website:
http://www.seton.net/patient_get_well_cards

Ashleigh Lewis at University Medical Center at Brackenridge

The hospital will give the cards and emails to Ashleigh and the family!

0:)
Have faith in the Lord your God and you will be upheld

Offline Rodeo Mom

• Dinosaur!
  • Huckleberry's Xtreme Barrel Race Jan 2 Bryan, Texa
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2008, 05:35:52 PM »
Thanks so much Lauren for the update.  Please keep us informed as we really care as do all the readers of this post
I hope your Mom and Dad are holding up as well as they can and please give them a hug for me.  Lauren I know God will give you strength as you and Ashleigh are close as twins.  Keep your head up and keep laughing so she can hear your voice and it will give her strength.  Call me if I can ever be of any help.   <(' ')>
Takin' barrel racing to the Xtreme.....

Offline amplifly

• Extreme Member
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2008, 07:04:34 PM »
many prayers for quick and total healing for ashleigh. <(' ')> <(' ')>
God is AWESOME!! :)

Offline laurenlewisbr

• Novice Member
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2008, 10:32:29 PM »
HELLO AGAIN... i just got done with my last visit of the night. Ashleigh is talking. it is a Miracle. when i first went in to see her she was yelling at the nurses because she thought that they where taking her fake fingernails off. i had to reassure her that they where just cheaking her blood shugar levels, but she is trying to talk the best she can with her mouth wired shut. these prayers are giving her so much help. we had two prists come in today and pray with her along side of family and friends and just as a god send we where able to take to breathing tube out of her nose and she is breathing all on her own this is amazing news. all she has is a little oxygen going through her nose to help. She is in the most pain she has been in yet at her stay in the hostpital only because they lowerd her dosages so we can go in for more sergery. We found out today along with everything else that her collar bone is broke and she has gotten anemonia and a little infection. It is not severe yet but her tempeture is 101 and rising. I have been reading the cards to her one by one as much as she can handle and telling her who sent them and she loves it. Today was one of the hardest days for us because on top of the recent injures we went and saw the sene today and it really is amazing how my sister is alive. it just dosent seem possible. i would like to thank everyone againg for everything and untill my next post God Bless...Lauren
may we never forget how blessed we are to walk with GOD every day and be able to live the life style we do.
Rodeo, Friends, and Family for life.

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2008, 11:50:10 PM »
What a blessing!  God is good!!!  Continued prayers for her and your family.
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.

Offline candystarbarrels

• Mega Member
  • With God ALL things are possible!
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2008, 01:42:22 AM »
Prayers for a safe and speedy recovery! <(' ')>
As long as you can't imagine it, as long as you can't see it, then it is not going to happen for you!

Offline Aunt B

• Elite Member
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2008, 05:59:50 AM »
Lauren - Thank you for taking the time to keep us all posted on Ashleigh. Sounds like Ash is gonna give the nurses a run for their money...lol  Just typical of Ashleigh...lol  you go cowgirl!!!!

Let your folks know we all are here and if they need anything just let us know. I am sending more prayers to our cowgirl!  Love ya - Aunt B
Don't tell God how big the storm is, tell the storm how big God is.....

Offline brhorses

• Elite Member
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2008, 10:05:40 AM »
 (((((((HUGS))))))))        More Prayers                  (((((((HUGS))))))))
Is it Friday yet???

Offline CHANCEYSMOM

• Elite Member
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2008, 11:27:29 AM »
 (((((((HUGS))))))))  <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> (((((((HUGS))))))))
Good People and Best Friends are found on ebarrel horse.

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2008, 11:38:13 AM »
Many prayers to this family.....thank God she is still alive!!!  <(' ')>
Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely.

Offline gobabygo

• Fossil
  • ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2008, 11:44:30 AM »
Continued  (((((((HUGS)))))))) <(' ')> (((((((HUGS)))))))) <(' ')> for Ashleigh

Offline sdelgado

• Veteran Member
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2008, 11:55:27 AM »
Thoughts and prayers for Ashleigh and family.   (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS))))))))

Offline laurenlewisbr

• Novice Member
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2008, 12:09:57 PM »
Well today is Ashleigh's fouth day in ICU and she still has her mouth wired shut, but some how she is managing to speak. She is fully aware of where she is at and what is going on exept she is unaware of all of her injuries we do not think she is strong enough to handle everything right now. when i went to visit her this morning she told me she had been working hard i gave a little chuckle and asked what she had been doing and she told me breathing exercises. she also made me aware that they made her very tierd and she had to sleep afterwards. One of her many doctors are going to come look at her today and see if she can swallow properly and see if she cant start getting shakes and water and stuff. She is very excited about this so hopefully she will pass her test and be allowed treats. so untill my next post please everyone keep ash in your prayers and God bless. thank you again for everything ....Lauren
may we never forget how blessed we are to walk with GOD every day and be able to live the life style we do.
Rodeo, Friends, and Family for life.