8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: PRAYERS FOR JOSIES JOCKEY (KAYLA LANGFORD)  (Read 30486 times)

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: PRAYERS FOR JOSIES JOCKEY (KAYLA LANGFORD)
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2008, 11:12:14 PM »
Oh Kayla, I'm so sorry!!  You know I'm only a phone call away and if you need anything, please call me.  Many prayers to you.   (((((((HUGS))))))))
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
  • Lindsey & Captain 2009 GCBRA Finals Grand Entry
    • www.starsbarrelandpolehorses.com
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 06:18:10 AM »
I have known Mrs. Ella Langford since I was about 12 years old...she was one tough lady on the outside but sweet as could be on the inside.  She would never hesitate to lend a hand if you needed her for something.  She kept Kayla in line for many a year.  I know Ms Ella had many health issues over the last several years and just did not feel good anymore.  She is up in Heaven with Mr. Langford and they are happy and healthy again. 
We know this will be very hard for you Kayla but if you need anything our Family is here.   (+) 

Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster hand; They go to the one who trusts in God and always thinks "I CAN"!

Offline thamesranch

• Jackass Hunter
  • Mega Member
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2008, 09:42:29 AM »
Kayla, my friend, I am so sorry.  I have you in my heart.  Stay strong, this is a really tough time for you, and we will all be thinking of you.  Again, I am so sorry.
Donna
Do it right, or get off the Horse.

hardtimeshorses

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2008, 09:44:29 AM »
 (((((((HUGS))))))))  Sorry for your loss.  You are in my prayers.

Offline Cindy Hall

• Elite Member
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 10:11:18 AM »
So Sorry, God Bless,  (((((((HUGS))))))))

Offline themurphy6

• Elite Member
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2008, 11:47:23 AM »
Kayla,
So sorry to hear about your mother.

Offline Judy Geary

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2008, 11:53:37 AM »
Kayla, you and your Mom have been a part of mine and my kids life for a very long and am I so sorry for this time in your life when a parent passes on, she was hoot and one tough lady.  I still remember so many stories but one sticks in my mind the most when Shelley had gotten stepped on by that dang grey mare of Susie's and we had our hands full with all that was happening in the trailer and Shelley just a screaming at the top of her lungs about her heel and I was hollering at her to go to the wash rack and hydro her foot and get quiet!  Your Mom, as always trying to help could see the tension and quietly ask me if she could give Shelley a tylenol!  She was so sweet and at that point whatever your Mom could have given Shell to hush her up was fine with me.

You know what, your Mom is sitting in heaven right now with your Dad and your Aunt Margaret just chatting it up. She is finally getting to catch up on old times with all of the loved ones that went before her.

BLESSED ARE THEY THAT MOURNS FOR THEY SHALL BE COMFORTED. Matthew 5:4

If there is anything I can do to make this chapter of your life go smoother, please call.

Offline nbha4Dqueen

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2008, 02:25:05 PM »
kayla still many prayers for you your mom was a nice lady and you know now you reggie and i need to behave now because our moms are watching us and we cant hide

Offline hnhfarms

• Veteran Member
  • Guys Easy Jet (Frenchmans GuyxShakeme Easy)
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2008, 02:37:21 PM »
Kayla,
I left a message on your phone yesterday...and I just logged on...and again you have many prayers coming for you from Pasadena....I was not lucky enough to know your mother as Judy and Shelly, but she sounded like a very sweet lady...if you need anything please feel free to call me anytime...may the Lord put his healing arms around you to help you through this time...Sally
HNH Farms
Home of World Champion
Specialeyes APHA and Guys Easy Jet AQHA
     www.hnhfarms.com

Offline memphis

• Mega Member
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2008, 06:54:02 PM »
Kayla,  I'm so sorry to hear about your mom.  When we were talking about her Thursday night, little did we know this was in God's plan.  She's in such a better place now.....keep your faith and if you need anything at all don't hesitate to ask...will talk to you soon.   (((((((HUGS))))))))

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
  • The WORD works for those who work the WORD!!
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2008, 09:16:47 PM »
I can not express the gratitude for all the calls, emails and text messages I have gotten since Momma passed away... She had been soooo sick for so long and I know, I really believe she is in a better place now... I was with her yesterday afternoon at the hospital when it happened.. I knew immediately she was gone, they tried to revive her but the aortic aneurysm apparently ruptured and there was nothing anyone could do.     I lost my daddy in 01' with alzheimer's and he had been in bad shape for several years... when he passed away I hoped Mom would have a life again, able to travel and go places but her health started getting worse soon after..... Yes, anyone who knew us knew we fought like cats and dogs... but I would have... and did fight Satan everyday for the last 11 years to keep her here... I came home years ago to help with them due to the  health problems they  both had...  having put my whole life on hold to be here for her and now I don't know what to do... She was a tough ole bird and I'm sure that is what kept her here as long as it did.. she would have been 83 in July... But she did love the horses and was my biggest supporter of the barrel races... Her old mare is still alive and kicking at 26,  I have raised many and Mom would always claim the prettiest ones!!     

One of the many stories I was told by her touches my heart..... when she was a young girl living outside of Marquez Tx in the 30's or 40's  a couple stopped by the old home place because their car had overheated... they need water  for the radiator so Mom and her older sister walked up the hill to the well and got a bucket full... when they got back the couple put water in their car and had some cool water  on the porch... for payment they offered mom and her sister (Aunt Lucille) some sea shells... that had come from the coast... of course mom had never seen sea shells and was thrilled!!  ( the shells are still, here belive it or not!)
before the couple left they introduced theirselves to her parents... it was Clyde Barrow and Bonnie Parker... ring any bells?

She was truley an amazing person and I am blessed to have been the child she chose....  The days are going to be long and hard.. I hope I am up to the challange that God has put before me..

The funeral will be in Leon County (her home place) outside of Marquez Tx.. The services will be held at the Seale-Round Prairie Community Center @ 2:00 on Saturday May 31, 2008 The graveside will be shorty after next door and the Seale-Round Prairie Cemetary.  Ricks Funeral Home in Jewett Tx will be handling the services... Thanks once again for your prayers and please, please don't let be fall off the face of the earth grieving over her loss... Hope to see everyone once again in the near future at a barrel race..   Kayla
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline Rodeo Mom

• Dinosaur!
  • Huckleberry's Xtreme Barrel Race Jan 2 Bryan, Texa
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2008, 09:49:47 PM »
So sorry to hear of your loss.  Mohers are such special people and they are hard to say bye to.  I know she will be deeply missed by you and all who knew her. (((((((HUGS))))))))
Takin' barrel racing to the Xtreme.....

Offline Txsweetie

• I'm Loving It....
  • Dinosaur!
  • It is what it is..................
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2008, 10:13:20 PM »
Many prayers for Kayla.  May God wrap his arms around you and give you some comfort during this time. <(' ')> <(' ')>
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.  -Dr. Suess

Offline nbha4Dqueen

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2008, 10:23:29 PM »
kayla many prayers and rember i am sure our moms and reggies cant wait for the next barrel race so they can cheer us on  ijust hope our horses ride double your mom loved to watch you run and she still will be watching

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2008, 10:32:32 PM »
yes i know yalls moms are watchin over yall with smiles on their faces as yall run down that alleyway..i lost mine at age 13..i cant even begin to imagine having a mom that long and then losing her..my heart goes out to all of yall.. (((((((HUGS))))))))  (((((((HUGS))))))))  (((((((HUGS))))))))
can't wait till May!!!