8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: The Night Chat  (Read 20520 times)

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
Re: How was your day?<Night Chat>
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2008, 06:15:31 PM »
Well, If I go to Liberty I have to stay somewhere..............If I go to Gonzales, then I can stay at my families' houses and spend time with them.  I can go up early or stay late.................They don't have extra fees at these barrel races and you know how nice Gonzales is..........Maybe I could see Doody!  I need points too at NBHA 26 but it doesn't really matter...................I guess when it gets closer I will see................
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2008, 06:19:18 PM »
 <EXCUSE ME?> I just looked up Marshall......Looks like $25 ef and $10 office....Might be picking up Joe that weekend too, so, maybe that is where I should go!!! It would be a couple days short of a month of training, but, one haul, run and pick up the colt!  <COLOR GRIN> $2000 added toooooooo <COLOR GRIN>

Offline CaughtYawl

• Fossil
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2008, 06:28:52 PM »
I LOVE the race in Marshall.. They may only have $2500 added but they've always had around 300+

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2008, 06:31:01 PM »
I know.  It seems like they always have great added shows there every month.  Wish I lived closer to there.........................I used to see how many I could make in a 4th of July weekend, but I don't think that is in me any more...................... >THUD< >THUD<

Offline Megan

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2008, 07:26:52 PM »
OK IM SUPER PROUD OF BUB!!! :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :()& :()& He has been gettin better and better by the day. Im not pushin him at all and he is startin to pick up speed himself! I love the way he turns. I think hes gonna be cherokee #2. Im ready to find a race and enter him in. I could not be prouder of him. Finally all my hard work is payin off. He is my 1st horse ive started from the ground up and I think ive done a good job. So what races are this weekend??

Offline CaughtYawl

• Fossil
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2008, 07:40:31 PM »
lol GBA awww you don't like those drive all nights, get a few hours of sleep run, then leave again?
Usually we'd hit a rodeo Thursday night, run at Marshall Friday night, drive 6 hours to Jackson,ms run at 9am, then again that night, leave around mid night to go back to Marshall...catch up on sleep during the day and run that evening.

woohoo Go Bub! I'm sure you're super proud Megan!

Offline Megan

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2008, 07:41:37 PM »
yep now i just got to start haulin him. thinkin on going to new caney saturday

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2008, 08:41:09 PM »
lol GBA awww you don't like those drive all nights, get a few hours of sleep run, then leave again?
Usually we'd hit a rodeo Thursday night, run at Marshall Friday night, drive 6 hours to Jackson,ms run at 9am, then again that night, leave around mid night to go back to Marshall...catch up on sleep during the day and run that evening.

woohoo Go Bub! I'm sure you're super proud Megan!

Well, I guess if I was winning I could do it....................I don't know though.  The older I've gotten the more I like my sleep!  LOL.................If I was with someone like you or Gail Hillman I could probably do it.................. :TIGGER: :TIGGER:

Offline CaughtYawl

• Fossil
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2008, 08:44:55 PM »
lol I will have to say..i'm not sure I could do that without my dad (the driver) I usually try and stay up too but sometimes those dark roads with no traffic gets the best of me.. so I doze off every now and then and he wakes me up when he needs more coffee. I believe he is THE king of the road.. lol but I may be biased  :cheeze:

Offline Megan

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2008, 08:46:10 PM »
tomorrow is finally Friday! Yay :()&

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2008, 09:00:39 PM »
Yup, tomorrow if officially my LAST day of this school year.....................

CY-I know what you mean............Glynn got me to more rodeos than anyone can imagine...................People used to ask me in those days where do you sleep, in a hotel.................NOPE in the truck goinig down the road.............It is lots of fun but I don't know how anyone can afford it these days............... :TIGGER: :TIGGER:

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2008, 09:06:21 PM »
 >THUD< >THUD< I dont know what to do...Bobby offered to pay for me to go the entire 4th of July weekend to Marshall.... >THUD< >THUD< I dont know anyone who is going and I really just want to make one run and come home....but, I have that trailer all ficed up and it would be a darn shame not to use it.... >THUD< >THUD<

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2008, 09:08:16 PM »
I would go in a heart beat if someone paid my fees..................and especially since you got the trailer fixed up now..................I wish I had a sponsor.................... :cheeze: :cheeze:

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2008, 09:14:42 PM »
CY~ You going to Marshall???? Megan, want to come with instead of Liberty????  >THUD< >THUD< >THUD< >THUD< Decisions, decisions..... <DUMMY ME> <DUMMY ME> <DUMMY ME>

Offline Megan

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2008, 09:18:35 PM »
I would love to go except for I have to way to get there. My papa wouldnt let me drive his truck all the way to your house...hes wierd about it. If you go to liberty all weekend ill stay with ya. thats close to home and my horses do good in that pen.