8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Need Some Prayers Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 11370 times)

Offline CaughtYawl

• Fossil
Re: Need Some Prayers Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 10:33:10 PM »
Aww poor thing! Hope he gets better soon!

Offline burnintheturns

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 10:37:19 PM »
Hugs and prayers for you.
Still a squeeky wheel. . .

Offline trickyricky

• Mega Member
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 11:19:10 AM »
Thanks everyone for the prayers. I fed him this morning and his legs are looking a little better. I think the prayers are working. Thanks so much. I will post some more pics tonight after I treat him. I will let you see what his nose looks like. It looks great. Pretty and pink.  :TIGGER:

Thanks for the info on the silvadene. I used it already it helped a little until. I got this better cream from the vet when that was clearing it up slowly. I will have to let you know what it is. It's great stuff. When I get home this evening I will post it on hear. It cleard his nose up from Friday to Sunday. It's wonderful.  <COLOR GRIN>

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 11:25:37 AM »
Prayers for Ricky (((((((HUGS))))))))

My niece's gelding used to get burns like on his nose and legs.  It was from either the goat weed or the iron weed in the pasture where he grazed.  We used desitin on his nose and legs and it seemed to buffer him from the reactive stuff those weeds put off.  Check your pasture for those weeds.  You can buy a spray from Tractor supply (graze-on) or something close to it if you don't have an applicator's license and spray your pasture to get rid of those weeds.  Also try the desitin!  Works wonders!!
Good luck.
Capps Cowboy Leatherwerx     Saddle & Tack Repair     Custom Items Built

Offline trickyricky

• Mega Member
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 11:35:30 AM »
My husband has the stuff to spray for the weeds, but it has been so windy that we haven't been able to do it yet. I am sure it was something like that though. Thanks for the weed info. I will have my husband look for it tonight, and see if we have it.  :)/\\

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2008, 11:48:29 AM »
Ouch!  Many healing prayers for your horse.  He looks like a lot of paints do in the summer.  Very photosensitive.  The Desitin treatment does work wonders, but you can buy the generic brand and it works as well and is much cheaper.  Many types of grasses cause this in horses.  Of course, not always the same grass or the same horses!!!  That would be too easy.  A big culpret, though, is rye grass. Really ups the photosensitivity in most horses.  We had to stop planting it for winter cover, just wasn't worth it for my mare.  Also when what is called winter grass around here goes to head, the seeds and scratchy tops really send a lot of horses over the top. 

My old vet in NM used to tell me to put a litle smear of honey on those spots on their legs.  He said that the sulpha in the honey would kill the fungus and keep the air out until it did it's job.    Only took a day or two, but you have to wash it off, and dry the skin well (very important to keep the fungus away) because of the flies.  I tried it and it worked well.  But it is hard to do when their whole leg is covered.  But, you might want to keep the honey in mind if you can catch the "rot" when it is a small patch!!

I am glad Ricky is looking better. Good luck!!!
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline trickyricky

• Mega Member
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 12:02:32 PM »
Thanks.  :cheeze:

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2008, 12:05:51 PM »
Poor Ricky!  I feel so bad for him, and you too.  I know it's tough to take care of a horse when they are sick.  I'll be praying for you both.  (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS))))))))
My faith is the evidence of things unseen.
The fear of loss is a path to the dark side.
We ride never worry about the fall...I guess that's just the Cowboy in us all...

Offline vlpoag

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2008, 12:24:16 PM »
 last summer we had alot of that going around in north east texas,my son's girlfriend works for a vet and they had cases that bad,i think they gave oral med to ,called it scratches,i'd always heard rain rot. my mare had a touch of it at waco (nbha) last year and her legs swelled so bad,i'm wondering now if that wasn't what made her fall apart during my run,anyway hope it  gets better.
"LET HIM RUN"

Offline trickyricky

• Mega Member
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2008, 08:24:55 PM »
Hey every body here are the pics of Ricky's pretty nose.  :cheeze: I am so glad it cleared up. I am using Betamethasone Dipropionate Cream UPS, 0.05%. Vey Good Stuff. I started putting this on Ricky Friday and look at him today.  :)/\\

Offline trickyricky

• Mega Member
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2008, 08:31:13 PM »
Here are what his legs look like today. Still not much change I guess. The redness is better then

yesterday anyway. Thanks for all of the help and prayers I really appreciate it   (((((((HUGS)))))))).

When I get the Blood work back I will let you know what it says.  :cheeze:

Offline trickyricky

• Mega Member
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2008, 09:18:40 AM »
Hey I have an appointment with TAMU @ 10 on Wednesday. Finally maybe I will know what is going on. I really appreciate everyone's help and prayers. Thank you all so much.  (((((((HUGS))))))))

Offline trickyricky

• Mega Member
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2008, 09:47:36 AM »
Bump!!!

Offline ~Kara Elaine~

• check out my site! www.smokeminstyle.com
  • Dinosaur!
  • my B52 Bomber
    • smokem in style performance horses
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2008, 09:52:47 AM »
WOW!!  :)/\\ he looks so much better!
A fool and their money, soon have more horse than they can handle

Offline trickyricky

• Mega Member
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2008, 09:56:17 AM »
He looks great, but his legs just won't heal up for me, so I am taking him to TAMU Wednesday at 10:00 am. Maybe they can fix him up for me and tell me what it is. Thanks for looking at him pics his face does look great compared to what it was.  :TIGGER: