8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: 2008 NBHA Texas State Championships!!!  (Read 21035 times)

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
Re: 2008 NBHA Texas State Championships!!!
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2008, 12:41:05 PM »
Yup, what size pattern cause that will dictate if I go or not.  I turned out and came home the year that it ran so late....................... >THUD<
GBA you know Shelley is going to have the pattern set up to make it go faster and smoother.  You have been to enough of her barrel races.  Just enter!!!!  You know we have fun!

As far as the alley issue's I have been there when they ran from the back and when they ran from inside with the holding pens.  Either way works well and she will make sure it is safe and fair to everyone.  As far as that goes, please do not tar and feather me over this, most of us have been to WBR's and you come from a holding pen, so I am not understanding why the WBR does not get this much controversy for each one of their barrel races!?

I have a feeling we dont complain abotu WBR's holding pen because you either love it or hate it...there are enough folks that dont care or love it to make it work. I do know however, that since there are 3 BIG races (Destry's, WBR and NBHA) the month of August, I had to pick one. It will be cheaper for me to enter WBR....But, some folks rather run State...Really, I think that with all the choices we havy, we should not "pcik" on anyone because if we dont like it, we can go somewhere else!!!! I wish I could go to all 3!!!!  <DUMMY ME>

Offline SpecialK

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2008, 04:30:49 PM »
I'll be the first to say I hattttee WBR set ups..ughh..dont like them.

I dont think anyone is giving State any trouble..just simply asking/suggestion...

:)

Offline Janet Gubert

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2008, 05:05:36 PM »
I agree with special k! No harm meant by Joleta. State is going to be awesome, your 2nd year at organizing an event is always way better than the 1st!! Shelley had a pretty awesommmmme 1st year, being that it was given to her on such short notice. Hold on to your hats ladies, no telling what Shelley has planned this year. Good luck to all!!!! <ROCKON> <ROCKON> <ROCKON> <ROCKON>

Offline irlucky

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2008, 05:30:34 PM »
When the pattern is set up with the holding pens, it seems to go faster and it is nice to come in and get cool.  Remember how hot it will be in August.  Either way is fine with me and my partners.  The short pattern allows for the 60-70 per hour, otherwise, you have to wait for people to get up the long alley and some stop at the front of the alley and walk out. 

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
  • The WORD works for those who work the WORD!!
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2008, 08:47:41 PM »
When the pattern is set up with the holding pens, it seems to go faster and it is nice to come in and get cool.  Remember how hot it will be in August.  Either way is fine with me and my partners.  The short pattern allows for the 60-70 per hour, otherwise, you have to wait for people to get up the long alley and some stop at the front of the alley and walk out. 

I couldn't have said it any better  :(((( Either way.... it should be a Hot time in Waco  :ROFL2:  One thing for sure is when Shelley and the crew start something it is AWESOME!!!!  I better get to picking up those aluminum cans to get entry fee's together....  :ROFL2:
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline Joleta Jane

• Veteran Member
  • My Guys!!!
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2008, 11:50:01 PM »
Oh no guys I was not stirring the pot or anything like that I just was curious why not much is ever said about the set up at the WBR's. When I enter a large barrel race, I go to barrel race, be with my friends, have fun and if I am fortunate enough to win money that is a plus.  I understand that everyone has their concerns and trust me I would never bash the WBR, I enter them myself for the reasons I stated above.  GBA- I do understand what you mean about needing more help and we appreciated everybody that jumped right in to help last year.  And I agree with ez - Shelley did an excellent job last year considering the little time she had to organize it, so this year can only be better.....I just was stating that she would never set the pen up to take all night long or have an alley way that would get anyone hurt.  She is our state director but first she was one of us!!!!  I hope I did not offend anyone with my question about the WBR that was not my intentions nor was it my intention to make anyone feel like I was directing the question at them.  :cheeze: Well ya'll know that old saying curiosity kill the cat, I better go pet the kitty before it goes byebye!!!!  Hope to see all of ya'll at state, it is gonna be AWESOME!
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keep you strong, Sorrows keep you human, Failures keep you humble, Success keeps you glowing....
But only God keeps you Going!!!!

Believe it, Conceive it, and you will Receive it!!

Offline Capt Jack

• Customer of Bob's Burgers n Fries Ranch.
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • Best lookin' Captain on the Seven Seas!
    • www.ginnysequinesupplements.com
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2008, 11:07:38 AM »
Lucky Ginny will be there.  Unlucky Captain Jack will be in Delaware and New Jersey.  Please stop by and give Ginny a hugg that she can bring back to lonesome me.

Huggs from the Captain n Ginny

Capt Jack

Offline irlucky

• Elite Member
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2008, 11:10:45 AM »
When the arena is set differently for each producer, it gives opportunities to other people/horses.  Some like it short, some like it long, etc.   I love to see "new" people and horses show their stuff.  It renews everyones faith that it could be YOU....... <ROCKON>

Offline Joleta Jane

• Veteran Member
  • My Guys!!!
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2008, 07:57:01 PM »
 :()& Thank you irlucky that is a really nice way of looking at it, it is so cool to see those who have not won much win! and yes if they can do it then so can you!!! :)/\\
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keep you strong, Sorrows keep you human, Failures keep you humble, Success keeps you glowing....
But only God keeps you Going!!!!

Believe it, Conceive it, and you will Receive it!!

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2008, 10:38:27 AM »
well one thang about it..however its set up..each and every one will run the same exact pattern  :*
can't wait till May!!!

Offline Capt Jack

• Customer of Bob's Burgers n Fries Ranch.
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • Best lookin' Captain on the Seven Seas!
    • www.ginnysequinesupplements.com
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2008, 10:45:30 AM »
The only reason I attend the State show is for the huggs and the chocolate cake.....lol

ginny will be there, I will not.....sob!

We miss all of you and chocolate cake.

huggs

Capt Jack n Ginny

Offline CaughtYawl

• Fossil
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2008, 11:27:22 AM »
well one thang about it..however its set up..each and every one will run the same exact pattern  :*
lol enless you're on our little horse.. Sometimes he cheats  roflmao

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
  • Lindsey & Captain 2009 GCBRA Finals Grand Entry
    • www.starsbarrelandpolehorses.com
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2008, 08:32:28 AM »
Hey Capt Jack!  We are so glad that Ginny is coming to Waco with your son & the great Finish Line Products!!!  We have lots of great vendors lined up to come to the show so save your nickels and dimes for shopping while in Waco!!!

Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster hand; They go to the one who trusts in God and always thinks "I CAN"!

Karol

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2008, 08:54:52 AM »
It's going to be a great show!

Offline Jack&Sharon

• Elite Member
  • GOD BLESS AND HAVE A GREAT DAY
    • Sharon Brooks Mannatech
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2008, 01:16:16 PM »
I havent read all the posts , so if this question has been ask forgive me. But will Tanner Time be doing the timing this year?