8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: NOTICE!! JULY 4th LIBERTY moved to BUNA!!  (Read 12250 times)

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
Re: NOTICE!! JULY 4th LIBERTY moved to BUNA!!
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2008, 04:18:13 PM »
Well deb, I don't have any points and I was figuring I could make the rest and probably catch up to be in top 5 for year end cause the points are not like outrunning everybody.  Since it is only one show I think you would be okay.  It's all a luck thinkg anyway.  I don't expect it to be a big show either cause being 4th of July people are wanting to stay over and compete at big added dollars cause its cowboy christmas.  Colt and I have decided we are probably going home.  I will run Katy be great.  If I don't do Buna Friday I am going to LA on Friday am and exhibition Friday for Saturday.
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2008, 04:31:59 PM »
i need all the points i can get but on the other hand i'm down to one horse now..for the time being....dont tempt me!! hehehe
can't wait till May!!!

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2008, 04:37:31 PM »
you know you want to do it. Me and my sister in law would even go out with you........... >THUD< >THUD<   Please please please .................................. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Offline TexCanChaser

• Novice Member
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2008, 05:05:06 PM »
Well I would have rather paid the extra money for the Liberty arena, Hook ups and Stalls, rather than the fuel cost to Buna, with no shade, stalls, or hook ups and an outdoor pen...was going to Liberty not to Buna...and now only $500.00 added...Im like shelly where did the other $1000.00 go????  I'll stay home now...tooo hot anyway..now I have to call all of my friends that was going to go there instead of Brenham....

Hey girl...what's go'n on at Brenham?  I've looked everywhere that I know to look and didn't see any at all in Brenham over the 4th of July weekend.  CPRA or a rodeo?  I'm trying to train a new colt since my Sam died but my new colt isn't ready yet.  I'm just hauling a friend right now and we were going to haul to Liberty since it was closer to us. 

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2008, 05:08:12 PM »
It's a $ 500 added each day at Brenham.  Saw it somewhere...........Not interested so it doesn't sink in............... <DUMMY ME> <DUMMY ME>

Offline irlucky

• Elite Member
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2008, 09:15:41 PM »
There will be plenty of barrel racers.  There are just as many on this side of Beaumont, so Buna is not as far for them as Liberty would be.  Maybe some of them will offer stalls if they have room.

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2008, 09:21:06 PM »
I was talking about Brenham..............I know Buna will draw went once before.  Won 3rd in Open 1D and had over 100 entries and it didn't pay that great............with nothing added I just as soon go further and run for the $ 2,500 added.  Sometimes they don't get 100 and the money is guaranteed.  It takes me 3 hours to get to Buna and nothing added..............BBB I ain't worried about.................I would have gone to Liberty for the 1500 and then make two NBHA shows cause that is my district now, but not doing the Buna thing.  That's just me...........................

Offline meandmo

• Veteran Member
  • Proud Softball Mom
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2008, 09:32:59 PM »
TXBOSS, now you know even more why I didn't make it but 1 1/2 months working at TVE.  They are a hard bunch to get along with.  Life is too short to deal with people like that.  Everyone should let the TVE Fairboard know what is going on because they really have no idea about how things are being run there as far as leasing out the facilities.  Someone can even request time to speak at the board meetings to tell them what is going on.  I could fill them in on some things myself.  LOL 

Offline nbha4Dqueen

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2008, 10:25:52 PM »
Deb, plz grab my saddle pad from jo ellen and get it to my daughter if you still dont mind, shure would save me a long drive,ty sooooo much, i have tryed to call and left messages and get n
Deb, plz grab my saddle pad from jo ellen and get it to my daughter if you still dont mind, shure would save me a long drive,ty sooooo much, i have tryed to call and left messages and get no answer

Offline irlucky

• Elite Member
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2008, 11:09:31 PM »
Buna is closer to me.   Liberty is 3 hours from me.  Some of us can't afford to travel to the "big" races, so any close race is welcome.

Offline hnhfarms

• Veteran Member
  • Guys Easy Jet (Frenchmans GuyxShakeme Easy)
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2008, 11:36:53 PM »
Texas Can Chaser...I will try and find out more about the 2 days with added money in Brenham for you...A friend of mines friend is putting it on...so will call tomorrow and find out the details and post it on here for you... :cheeze:
HNH Farms
Home of World Champion
Specialeyes APHA and Guys Easy Jet AQHA
     www.hnhfarms.com

Offline hnhfarms

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2008, 11:50:52 PM »
TXBoss..I don't mean to sound like I am bashing you...because I'm not...you can't please all of us all of the time....just it is not worth me driving to Buna for $500.00 added...I was going to Liberty with the $1500.00 added due to it was a 45 minute drive good added money, and an indoor arena with some shade for parking...and with 3 days it made it worth a while to spend the money for stalls and hook ups...I know their stalls are not the best..and I have had to clean stalls before..even at the really big shows...good luck with your barrel race...
HNH Farms
Home of World Champion
     www.hnhfarms.com

Offline DEB BARNES

• TRUELY BLESSED
  • Fossil
  • RIDING ON FAITH
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2008, 04:54:31 AM »
Deb, plz grab my saddle pad from jo ellen and get it to my daughter if you still dont mind, shure would save me a long drive,ty sooooo much, i have tryed to call and left messages and get n
Deb, plz grab my saddle pad from jo ellen and get it to my daughter if you still dont mind, shure would save me a long drive,ty sooooo much, i have tryed to call and left messages and get no answer

jo you can leave it at thrifty food mart in dayton with my daughter or anyone in the office or call me and i'll give you her # and she can meet you if shes off, she lives close to the arena in dayton
HAVE FAITH GOD WILL SEE YOU THRU...

Offline hnhfarms

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2008, 08:11:05 AM »
Ok here is the scoop on Brenham---

July 4th  Exb 4-6  Open at 6:00 pm
July 5th  Exb 8-10  Open at 10:00 am

$500.00 added each day - Average Awards to be given on Saturday

$35.00 entry fee for open    Exb 1 for $5.00  or  3 for $12.00

Do not have to run both days

RVS and Stalls Available - does not know exact prices but they are supposed to be really reasonable

Will be in outdoor pen

more info call Sharon at 281/253-2923
HNH Farms
Home of World Champion
     www.hnhfarms.com

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2008, 09:25:09 AM »
I have to agree with Sally....................I figured since the barrel race didn't get moved a few weeks ago when something was said, that everything was okay.  Everyone had plans and all of a sudden plans are having to change....................It messed me up for two weekends, not just one.  That's my choice though.  Some people will not to go anywhere the 4th of July now that Liberty is moved caused it isn't worth driving for the added money that is being offered.  Well, hope Buna goes well and hope they don't get any rain.................................