8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: It's got me wonderin . . .  (Read 9452 times)

Offline PunkinNMe

• Custom tack, Hand-painted belts, Jewelry and More . . . CrystalCaballo.com
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
It's got me wonderin . . .
« on: July 09, 2008, 11:47:41 AM »
I've been in conversations with a friend this morning who is going through a little bit of relationship angst and it's really got me wonderin' . . . are men and women really so different in the way we think, feel and communicate?

I KNOW that there have been countless books written on the subject.  I KNOW that men are always saying that they just don't get women.  I KNOW that women (I for one) are constantly perplexed by the inner workings of the male brain (or lack there of).

But I really wonder if we are hardwired so differently?
I mean does that one appendange and the teensy weensy difference in hormones really make our brains ENTIRE-freakin-LY different?

I'll let you all in on a little bit of Punkin/Puddin stuff.  Now I'm gonna G-rate this for the kids, cause this is a family site . . . and here goes.  Since Puddin and I started . . . "doin laundry" together (Kidd Kraddick reference), we haven't gone a single day without "doin laundry" together with the exception of those days that are summarily blocked by women's issues.  It hasn't been a concious effort or anything like that . . . we just can't get enough of each other.  Well week before last . . . I had some medical issues that rendered "laundry" un-doable.  You ladies will understand when I tell you that I was on a particularly strong antibiotic to try and kick this crud I've had FOREVER . . . and it finally caught up with me.  So for a week solid . . . no "laundry".

I have never felt so far from anything or anyone in my entire life.

He still held me and kissed me and we were still TOGETHER . . . but I just felt so far from him.  So when it was all over . . . I was terribly excited for him to get off work that day!  I primped and preened . . . bought a new "outfit"  >:D  . . . And I was even more excited when he called and said he'd be home earlier than he initially thought!
So when he walked in at 930 - I was so far gone it was ridiculous.   :outta my mind:

You could have knocked me over with a feather when he said . . . "um, Baby.  Trey (his friend) is outside and I'm just gonna talk to him for a few minutes."   <GRUMBLE>

"Trey?" . . . that's all I said as I turned around and took off my "outfit" and put on a pair of sweat pants, a t-shirt and socks and went into the bathroom to wash my face.  That's right I had on make-up!

He said, "I won't be long Baby, I promise."
I said, "whatever."
He said, "aw come on Baby, you're killing me."

I went completely mute . . . and got in the bed to go to sleep.
But it was eating at me . . . so I sent a text message that said . . . "I am so pissed rite now I cant see straight. I hav been waiting on this ALL WEEK & now U R out there playing tiddly winks with Trey and I am killing YOU.  That's rich."

Bout 5 seconds later I heard Trey's truck start and he came in to talk.  I was still mute preferring only to communicate with dirty looks and folded arms . . . but he talked.  And it occurred to me that he thought that all of my anger was based on us not doing "laundry".  He had no clue that I was actually upset that he was putting his friend before me . . . whether it was about the "laundry" or my freaking foot being half cut off - he was catering to Trey before he catered to me. 

Once I explained that to him, this look of ephiphany showed on his face and he aplogized.  He hadn't thought of it that way at all.  He'd thought I was just upset about the "laundry" and didn't understand why doing the "laundry" at 10 was any different than doing the "laundry" at 9.

At any rate . . . this exchange highlights the issue at hand.
How can two people, similar in so many ways, see the same thing so differently?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 12:37:49 PM by PunkinNMe »
Some people come into the world and stay for a long time. Others are so powerful that do not have to stay long to change someones life.

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: It's got me wonderin . . .
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 11:52:57 AM »
i dont know about the rest of anything else u wrote but now i can say LAUNDRY on here and not get zapped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! roflmao
can't wait till May!!!

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 11:55:32 AM »
 /|\\ /|\\ /|\\ /|\\
You are so laundry-ing twisted!
Some people come into the world and stay for a long time. Others are so powerful that do not have to stay long to change someones life.

Offline debhorses

• Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 12:05:53 PM »
oh heavens noooooooooo..ok i flushed my post (woohoo)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 12:12:33 PM by debhorses »
can't wait till May!!!

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 12:09:04 PM »
you're gonna get me zapped for sure.

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 12:15:33 PM »
aw man . . . but they were so hilarious!

Oh well, at least you and I know!

Offline Sherry May

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • We ran a 21.263!
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 12:17:43 PM »
It is great that y'all talked about it and got it straightened out.  I take it he did not notice that you had a new outfit on and you were wearing makeup?  I am sure you don't do all of that to go do the laundry.
Yesterday is history.
   Tomorrow a mystery.
      Today is a gift.
          That is why it is called the present.

Offline debhorses

• Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 12:22:24 PM »
well hubby really never comments when i do have make up on but he sure does comment when i dont >MEAN<
can't wait till May!!!

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 12:34:10 PM »
Oh he noticed . . .
in fact even said "Alright!" when he walked in and saw me . . .
he just also noticed that Trey, who had not called before coming by, was outside sitting on the back of his truck.

But yeah, we're pretty good about talking through things and getting past them.  Or at least I think so, since this is the first issue we've had.
And I applaud him for the effort he puts into trying to understand the way my mind works . . .

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 12:41:54 PM »
Oh yes, the good ones always want to talk about it.  And they do get it at the time.  But, I have noticed, try as they may, the knowledge just doesn't stay with them!!!

And, I have to say, that doing the laundry does sound like a lot more fun that it used to!!!   <NOT WORTHY>
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 01:44:38 PM »
Yep, what Katy said.

Oh, and men, all of them think of all things in terms of LAUNDRY.  :ROFL2:  :ROFL2:  :ROFL2:

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 03:57:06 PM »
I don't know about the rest of you....but never again will I be able to do laundry without thinking I sure am glad its just his laundry.
(whatever that means...whatever I just said....LOL)
You sure don't want to be doin' anyone else's laundry... rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 04:08:39 PM »
 >THUD< >THUD< Punkin, I had a similar issue with the Laundry. Being "newlywed" seems to force us to think that Laundry is an every day thing. Nope, not in the real world. Things happen, life somehow gets in the reality mix of life. Being one that has a lot of medical issues, my hubby is very concerned and does not push the laundry subject if he knows that I even have the sniffles.  :(((( :(((( :(((( :(((( Sniffles do NOT affect the laundry!!!!!  ??? Anyhow, we have talked about it over and over and it seems that we both really want to do laundry, but, I go to bed at 10 and he does not andif I mention that I dont feel right, he takes the hint. SOOOOOO, I complain less and more laundry gets done!!! I have to start the wash first though via lots of......kisses with more soap..... *:o *:o anyhow, if I kiss him just the right way, it seems to lure him to the laundry room a lot faster!

Another issue has been the dogs. I dont know about you guys, but having 3 DOGS in the bed room seems to make it really hard to get the laundry done at our house!!!!! Anyhow, our bed room door does not close all the way and the dogs seem to think they need to be there!!! So, they have to go outside...YUP, our laundry take a lot of pre-soaking!!! We have to really separate the colors and make sure to ....Well, you get the idea. I am not sure how many more laundry connections I can make here!!!!  >THUD< >THUD< >THUD<

That makes me want to go home and prepare for doing laundry...OH, and I hate Shaving the old legs. Too much time. Thank god that is NOT a requirement to do laundry in my house!!! 

As far as man brains go, they really dont put as much thought into a heavy sigh as we do. That is my word of wisdom.

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 04:20:57 PM »
 roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao
Gabe you are TOO Hilarious!

The puppy has taken to barking and trying to get his own kisses in during our rinse and spin cycle so he's now being crated when the laundry gets done.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 04:23:02 PM by PunkinNMe »

Offline debhorses

• Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 04:28:54 PM »
punkin...u left out the "aggitate" cycle... roflmao then u spin and then rinse...of course if u were doing the real clothes laundry  it would be rinse then spin...   rofl
can't wait till May!!!