8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Prayers for Katy Holloway  (Read 18880 times)

Offline Tracy Henderson

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: Prayers for Katy Holloway
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2008, 10:17:46 AM »
Did anyone see what actually happened in the warm-up pen ?   Katy - my prayers are with you!

Here is a post from the general discussion board that explains what happened...

http://ebarrelracing.com/forum/index.php?topic=17112.msg203250;topicseen#msg203250

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2008, 11:03:16 AM »
OMG Katy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Many Prayers!!!! I did hear that one that old hip is replaced, you will feel good as new!!! Lord, please be with our ebarrel angel, Katy, who needs you now more than ever! We are never sure why things happen, but, Lord, we know that you have a plan for each of us. Please hold Kay and Hal in your hands right now and help Katy to heal!!! Amen.  <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')>

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2008, 11:21:38 AM »
I just want to thank all of you so much for the prayers and well wishes. I can't tell you how much it means to me.  My surgery is tomorrow at 7:15 am.  My leg is broken at the top of femer before it turns toward the balljoint, so no need for hip replacement.

Please keep covering me in your prayers, they help so much.

Iwill be out in 3-4 days.  I  also told the dr. that I have a date with mickey mouse in Orlando Sept 10th so I WILL BE BETTER BY THEN!!!!
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2008, 01:17:39 PM »
There you go Katy, snap the whip on him!!!!   For those of you who want to pray for Katy you can call her at 817-559-3832 she is in room 316B
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2008, 01:49:25 AM »
I want to tell you that I know she is going to be fine!!  I went and saw for myself, thank you....LOL.....
I understand Tamet was there earlier too.  I got there about 5pm and I have to say you'd have to have
seen the look on her face when I told her just who I was....totally worth it!!  Katy and I have never
met in person, just chatted here like so many of us do.  I just felt although we had never met in person,
that she was someone who I did "know" and I want her to know how much we care about her, and
how we want her well soon.....
She is going to have a hard day tomorrow---tomorrow's surgery.  We are thinking and praying hard  <(' ')> for
you girl, and I know you're a toughie!  You'll be just fine!  :yes: :yes: :yes:
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline RunningOnPaints

• Mega Member
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2008, 10:43:54 AM »
Katy,

My prayers and thoughts are with you.. I'm so sorry to hear what happened..
I know you are a strong person and you will be back in the saddle again... God Bless you, prayers for a quick recovery... God Bless...   

Robin Davenport

Offline DOHorsewmn

• Elite Member
  • Finishing a GREAT DAY!
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2008, 01:43:12 PM »
Katy,  I'm so sorry I'm late reading this.  Haven't  been on in a while.  My heart goes out to you.  You are always so sweet and uplifting to all of us here.  I pray that God puts his healing hand on you as we all know that he is the one who is the Master of All. 

Lord, I pray that you place your hand on Katy and heal her quickly.  Lord, uplift her spirit and let her minister to those around her as she does to us here.  Amen.

Katy - keep your chin up and your smile on as I know you will.  Not a comfort, but I know God has a plan.  Maybe you are intended to witness to someone there at the hospital or Dr.'s office. 

Our thoughts will be with you and we pray that you have a quick and speedy recovery! We hope you are back on horseback soon!
Hugs to you!  (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS))))))))
Punctuality is the virtue of the bored.
  - Evelyn Waugh
"Only a man's character is the real criteron of worth"  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline Gena Brent

• Elite Member
  • Chasin my tail!
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2008, 04:07:37 PM »
Katy - Many prayers for a super smooth, super fast recovery!   <(' ')>

Offline brhorses

• Elite Member
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2008, 04:17:13 PM »
Hugs and many Prayer Katy!!!  Your words of encouragement always helped me!  <(' ')>   Thank you so much.

Have a speedy recovery!!!
Is it Friday yet???

Offline casey_d

• Novice Member
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2008, 07:06:42 PM »
Hi-ya Katy!  I hope things are going good after surgery?  I heard that they might get you up and walking around real soon(like today or tomorrow)?  I hope it doesn't hurt too much when they do.  Anyways, I just wanted to post you a "hello" and say I was thinking about you.  It'll be a little wierd at the barrel races for a couple of weeks withouts seeing and talking to you.  You'll be missed! 
Oh, I didn't have any luck at the barrel race this weekend, the darn barrels kept getting in the way of my turns.  There's always another one to go to, I'll make it better next time.  'You know who' won the senior incentive like always.  :yes: 
Well I hope I see you real soon...me and all my barn cats(including the bossy bobtail) will be keeping you in our prayers.
Lots' of love!!

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2008, 08:46:04 PM »
I want to tell you that I know she is going to be fine!!  I went and saw for myself, thank you....LOL.....
I understand Tamet was there earlier too.  I got there about 5pm and I have to say you'd have to have
seen the look on her face when I told her just who I was....totally worth it!!  Katy and I have never
met in person, just chatted here like so many of us do.  I just felt although we had never met in person,
that she was someone who I did "know" and I want her to know how much we care about her, and
how we want her well soon.....
She is going to have a hard day tomorrow---tomorrow's surgery.  We are thinking and praying hard  <(' ')> for
you girl, and I know you're a toughie!  You'll be just fine!  :yes: :yes: :yes:

How sweet Laura, bet you found out she is a special lady  :yes:
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Charlotte C

• Posse Member
  • Veteran Member
    • www.cunninghambuckles.com
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2008, 11:34:09 PM »
Stay strong and keep your head up you be back in no time.  We are praying and pulling for you!  Love you Katy, Charlotte
My motto is from the Top Gun movie "I feel the need the need for speed"

Offline RunningOnPaints

• Mega Member
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2008, 01:42:03 PM »
Does anyone have an update?

prayers that surgery went GREAT....

Offline Tracy Henderson

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2008, 03:50:28 PM »
Here is an update my mom posted last night....

Just got off the phone with Katy and she sounds GREAT!!!  The surgeon said everything went better than he could ever have hoped for, clean break, bone fit back together PERFECTLY and Katy told me she WILL be up and walking tomorrow.  She hates daytime tv, haha.  Said her leg feels good, no pain,although she was a little concerned about that since she hasn't had any meds for 6 hours.  SHE IS TUFF!!!  So, keep all the prayers going cause they are working for sure.  She'll have her computer tomorrow, Hal got her a wireless card and all she'll need to be online so she'll be posting I'm sure. 
Katy, we love ya and are so glad you're doing so good and I was so excited to hear your voice tonight.
Cathy Peacock

Offline Becky Yeary

• Extreme Member
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2008, 08:14:18 PM »
It is so good to hear the great new. Pray still works Ya ll. There is no doubt in my mind. >angel< >angel<

Just think we better get to runnin or she will still out run us before the year is over. Luv you Katy Prayer are with you.

Sure hope you get to meet Mickey. You area such a special Lady.!!!!