8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Prayers for Katy Holloway  (Read 18901 times)

Offline RunningOnPaints

• Mega Member
Re: Prayers for Katy Holloway
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2008, 10:16:21 AM »
Thanks for the update...

That is GREAT news... GOD is Awesome... and yes prayers work..

Katy... I'm so glad to hear everything went well... IF, you need anything please let me know.

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2008, 09:34:04 PM »
I just now saw this.  Katy I'm so sorry about your accident, but so glad that surgery went well.  Many prayers for your continued recovery.  May God bless you and keep you.
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.

Offline Git-R-Done

• Mega Member
  • The Boys!
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2008, 08:34:08 AM »
Prayers for a speedy recovery!

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2008, 09:37:13 AM »
Hey guys!  Just wanted to let you all know that Alleyway is my total hero!!  Everytime I get to thinking that this is for the birds, I think of her and her bravery.  She is my inspiration!  It is very humbling to read all the nice things you guys are writing about me.  Thank you so much for the kind words and VERY MUCH for the prayers.  God heals all and I know he listens to the prayers on this board!   (Besides, when I am better I know you will knock off the nice stuff and tell everyone how I really am!!!)

I really enjoyed the phone calls from everyone and especially the visits.  The entire Thompson clan, Laura Shurman and her daughter (Laura, what a nut!), Tam'et, Bob and Ben, Judy McKinney and Lisa Cotter.    It means a lot when people take time out of their busy day to come to a stinky hospital, so again thank you!

My biggest obstacle has the the severe muscle cramps in the lower thigh and upper calf.  They got tweaked pretty bad and have not wanted to cooperate.  A wonderful nurse last night thought of hot packs and ta da, gone!  Where has she been. would have hugged her if possible!!!  My only other problem is the nausea I get everytime I stand up.  If any one knows of a good cure for that, I am listening.  I have my interx machine glued to my side and it is a big help too.  Well you are bored with this, so I will shut up.  Thank yo again for all of the prayers.  Our God is a mighty God!!!!
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2008, 10:03:36 PM »
Nope not bored at all. I want to know how you are doing. We are so busy here right now I don't much time for reading the board.
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline 1texascowgirl

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2008, 02:25:27 PM »
Oh Katy!!!!!! I just read this, how did I miss it!?!?!? I am so sorry that I was not here for you, I hope you are doing better, and I wish I would known about this sooner. Thats what I get for not checking on yall. I will pray for a speedy recovery and a painless as possible one too. Please let us know if there is anything I can do for you. Please keep us posted.

Offline turninthree

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2008, 09:50:15 PM »
Katy update.  She has been moved to the rehab. section of Harris and will be there for a week to 10 days.  Has been having severe muscle cramps in her thigh so they finally gave her muscle relaxers today.  Please keep praying, this is going to be a battle for sure to regain her strength and mobility. 
Cathy Peacock