8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Closed
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open!
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 1

Author Topic: 2008 August Update  (Read 17639 times)

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
2008 August Update
« on: August 12, 2008, 07:27:36 PM »
Well we just got back from out visit with Dr Stewart.   I love that man and I HATE DRs!!!!!!!   Ask anyone that has ever had to go with me to take Ben  >:D

Anyway, as I mentioned in our last (July post) I finally figured that if I keep Bens bowel movements dang near runny during the 10 days of Flagyl he is much easier to live with.   He was AWESOME this last round the beginning of this month.   He has been doing great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A lot of behaviors died away and just good ole Ben has been in the front.   Sure has been nice, Ive enjoyed him being and doing things so much.  When I put him to bed at night I still look at him and think he is so beautiful and wonder what kind of person he would have been, what kind of man he would have been and then I think, "I going to do my best to help him be the best he can be".   But, still Im bitching about the fact of, "what would..................".   Believe me I have that conversation with God and B-word about it to him too.   Thank God at least he listens!!!!!!!   

Ben now has chores; he picks up trash 3 times a week (we stage it, but it is a start), and he is starting to put up a clean glass and bowl now after we wash dishes.   He has to put his shoes on himself, and I have to fuss at EVERYONE to stop doing it for him!!!!!!!!!   He can do it himself.   We are forcing him to be more independent.   Its interesting to watch him thru all of this.   

He spiked in language about 2-3 weeks ago and now he has fallen back again, but that is normal for him.   

Dr Stewart added some more supplements to his regime, geez this poor child takes 20+ pills a day, plus cod liver oil, plus shots every 3 days.   But, I refuse to stop any of it because he is doing so good.   

I was so excited about his hearing test results.     :TIGGER:  Both ears are starting to stablize and rise on the scale.   Of course he has a huge hole in his left ear but Dr Stewart doesnt want to close it until he is out of puberty.   

We are still concentrating on his mythelation cycle and hoping that it will line his dopamine levels out and also are going to continue to keep him on the antivirals.   The new stuff that Dr Stewart added is designed to help activate his T cells so he can start killing these viruses, shedding excess heavy metals and repair his own mythelation cycle when we start backing off the meds and supps.

He is just doing so good right now, that I want to roast in it, sleep with some peace.   

Im going to go take a nap!!!!!!!!     <()>
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 07:32:56 PM by Tamet Gould »
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Re: 2008 August Update
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 07:43:17 PM »
OH, I almost forgot, we took him the first of the month and got his teeth cleaned and he did SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good at the dentist.   Of course it helps that there are pretty girls there leaning over him smiling and talking to him  :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:  He loves for pretty girls to pay attention to him.    >:D   
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 07:57:38 PM »
This is all such good news.  You go, Ben!!!

Very happy for the whole Gould family.  Hugs all around!!!
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline Pam Cantwell

• Administrator
  • Fossil
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 09:39:38 PM »
Yay! Dr. Stewart is a good doctor. So glad Ben is doing better!
“When the government fears the people, you have liberty.  When the people fear the government, you have tyranny.”  ~Thomas Jefferson.

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 11:25:19 PM »
 :()& :()& :()& :()& :()& :()& :()& :()& :()& :()&

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 07:13:36 AM »
Yay! Dr. Stewart is a good doctor. So glad Ben is doing better!

Pam, "good" does not describe him.   He is a REAL Dr, his goal is to seek out new and recent information, to boldly go where most Drs will not (yes, there is a little plagiarism there for all you Star Trek folks), to change his mind quickly if something isn't working, to share with you what he learns.   To help your child be all they can be and his empathy is beyond all I have ever seen.   Tears will come to his eyes when he sees Ben suffering, he wants to shake Ben's hand as an equal, and he does what he can to help Ben achieve equality.   

He is also a horseman, a father and a husband.   But, his greatest accomplishment is, he cares about ALL his children that come to the clinic.  He is also treating my mother, and of course he cares about his older patients but you just have to see the look on his face when he finally walks into the room to see the children.   His face takes on a different look, you can see him searching their faces for signs of change and you feel the empathy flowing from him.   God has blessed him with this and God has blessed us with Dr Stewart.   I made sure when we were leaving and he reached to shake my hand that I gave him a big ole hug and squeeze and told him a hand shake would never be enough for what he was doing for my son.

Offline Jack&Sharon

• Elite Member
  • GOD BLESS AND HAVE A GREAT DAY
    • Sharon Brooks Mannatech
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 08:51:52 AM »
So glad to hear all the good new about Ben. When you talk about him your voice glows over what a wonderful child he is an will become. He must be very special & thank God for all the good news about him doing better. We will keep praying for Ben & the family.

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 09:12:34 AM »
Tam'et, I didn't know that your mother was autistic.  But, that would explain a few things. 

No, wait, it was schizophrenic (sp)!!   Sorry!   >:D
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 09:46:06 AM »
Im gonna tell her you said that.    :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:  He treats all ages for nuero sensory problems, imbalance, hearing, vertigo etc etc etc........   He just smiles at my mom and tries to explain to her why her body is doing what it is doing.   Of course it just goes in one of her ears, bounces around and goes out the other side.    :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

Offline Aunt B

• Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 07:02:37 PM »
So glad to get the "praise" report... Remember Ben is a GREAT person already not a "woulda".. cuz God don't make junk and he's just not thru with Ben yet...  Lots of hugs and love coming your way to help you "maintain" till God gets all his chores done too!!!!..xoxoxoxoxoxo  lol
Don't tell God how big the storm is, tell the storm how big God is.....

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 09:53:45 PM »
Well over the last couple of days BEn has decided he can't stand me anymore. Just out of the blue I am sound asleep and I wake up and he is pinching the crap out of me. Now everytime I get near him he ants to fight. I don't get it.
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 09:17:07 AM »
Bob, I sure wish I knew why Ben does that to you.  I know it is very frustrating.  Hugs to you!!

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 07:34:40 PM »
I know that has to be hard for you Bob, but hang in there.   (((((((HUGS)))))))) 
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.

Offline wars

• Wicked Witch Of the West
  • Posse Member
  • Mega Member
  • I'm a barrel racing mama!
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 06:49:46 PM »
OK YOU LITTLE DARLINS', I JUST HAPPEN TOO GET ON THE FORUM  TODAY & CATCH YOU'LL TALKING ABOUT ME.  YEP I'M PROBABLY A LITTLE SKITZOOOOOOOOOOOOO BUT I'M HANGING IN THERE.   HA  JUST WAIT UNTIL YOU'LL ARE 75.  I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOU'LL ARE LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm    :ROFL2:     WARS

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008, 10:52:45 PM »
Well Not only will Ben not even let me get close to him but is is starting to go after Tamet. He won't eat anything that Tamet or I fix for him. He won't eat it unless Kelly fixes it. He will hardly even smile while I am around and he plays and laughs with Kelly. I just wish I knew what pissed him off at me so bad.
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling