8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Prayers For Annie Rost  (Read 5806 times)

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
  • The WORD works for those who work the WORD!!
Prayers For Annie Rost
« on: August 25, 2008, 05:29:42 PM »
One of my good friends Annie Rost who was running barrels last year on my ole black horse is in need of our prayers.. Her daddy has had several heart attacks over the last couple of years.. Well about 5 months ago he had a massive one (but pulled through) but while in the hospital they came to the conclusion he needed a pace maker.  After installing it he started  to have fever, swelling and pain.  Come to find out the pace maker was contaminated with the deadly staff infection.  They removed it but the infection took hold in his weaken condition.  He has been in the hospital in Austin all this time,  over the last few months he coded on several occasions times and he was never able to come home.

Well she lost him this morning.. She said the last 12 hours were the hardest thing to watch.  He was alert until late last night when his organs started shutting down.  All they could do was administer Morphine to ease the pain he was going through.

Annie fought and beat skin cancer last year and is the sweetest person anyone will ever meet!  My heart just goes out to her because I know there is nothing we can do at this point for her but pray...
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline SparkplugsMama

• Global Moderator
  • Dinosaur!
Re: Prayers For Annie Rost
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 05:38:28 PM »
Bless her heart. Prayers for her, she sounds like a remarkable lady. He's home now.
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Thoreau

Offline Trouble n Texs

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 07:37:08 PM »
 (((((((HUGS)))))))) may god wrap his loving arms around her at this very moment and whisper to her words of peace and give her the faith that this to shall pass,but the memories will last a life time.
GOD BLESS HER <(' ')>
FRIENDS ARE LIKE A TREE,SOME ARE LIKE THE ROOTS OF THE TREE ALWAYS STANDING SOLID W/U...OTHERS ARE LIKE THE LEAVES OF THE TREE THEY GO ALL DIRECTIONS WHEN THE WIND BLOWS,AND OTHERS ARE LIKE THE STUFF U USE TO FERTILIZE THE TREE........FULL OF $@^* !!!!

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 07:39:56 PM »
 <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')>

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 08:54:06 PM »
Many prayers for her and her family.   <(' ')>
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 08:58:27 PM »
Many healing prayers for Annie.  May she know that her father is at rest and that the tears will turn into happy memories!  Hugs, too!
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline Farel

• DOUBLE BLESSED
  • Fossil
  • Peppys Sashay Beau
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 09:39:51 PM »
 <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')>
R.I.P BELLE (JULY 1994/OCTOBER 20,2008)
SWEET THING

I was one of the winners for the FINISH LINE HORSE PRODUCT $500 drawing for March 2008

Offline Aunt B

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 06:20:51 PM »
Many prayers to Annie and her family.  May God give her the strength to continue her life in this world without her dad.  It is a hard road to travel on the loss of a parent and I pray her steps will be lighter as God holds her in his loving and tender hands....
Don't tell God how big the storm is, tell the storm how big God is.....