8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Closed
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open!
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 1

Author Topic: Please Pray for Benjamin  (Read 7281 times)

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Please Pray for Benjamin
« on: September 01, 2008, 05:17:09 PM »
Yall please keep Ben in your prayers, and Bob too.  Ben has gone back to being mad at Bob (we have as of yet to figure out what the trigger was).   He and Bob had a knock down drag out Sunday at home while Joseph and I were working Jurassic.   

If any of you saw him today Im sure you saw the marks on his forehead where Ben got ahold of him.   Please just pray for them.   Thanks
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
Re: Please Pray for Benjamin
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 07:37:30 PM »
Prayers coming for everyone!  I was hoping that ice cream turned the tide!!
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 08:36:45 PM »
I feel so sorry for Bob. I know it just breaks his heart. But remember, usually after these really bad episodes something really good happens.

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 06:05:25 AM »
I know, and what is strange is we are already seeing it in small ways.   I was at the computer yesterday and Kelly and Ben walked in to get a drink and Ben decided he wanted some ice cream too.   Kelly then set a glass of water down on the table for him to drink and he did, then stood up to put it in the sink, he was half way to the sink and Kelly said, wait, just leave it on the table and we will use it next time.   He immediately stopped turned around and put it back on the table.   Wow, instantanious response, CCCCOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL.   Then yesterday while Bob and Joseph were up in Saginaw visiting Bobs oldest son (Ben and I stayed at home, we didnt know how he would act), Ben came in and took a bath to cool off.   While I was drying him off he went to pinching at me and I just kept on drying him off and blocking his arm, telling him that he was going to go to his room if he didnt stop it.   Of course he wanted to see if I was serious, so in his room he ended up!

Anyway, he hollered and screamed for a while and when he quieted down I went in there and said, "are you ready to get up and go back outside?"   He sulled up and just sat there and wouldnt put his pants back on, so I said ok, you arent coming out of the room without them on.   He hollered some more.   Then in about 10 mins (he is hard headed like his dad  :ROFL2: so you have to be able to go that 10 to 15 min time span in patience) he came out with his shorts on and went back into the bathroom, got his dirty clothes, and towel and went and took them and put them in the dirty clothes!   Go figure I never said a word about that but I told him, great job on his shorts, we could go back outside now!!!!   And away we went, I got no more flake out of him the rest of the day.    Its the little things he did several times during the day that floored me.     

We are just going to have to figure out the "Bob and Ben" issues and work on them. 

Katy Im trying to convince Bob that "ice cream" is not the way to change his world!!!!!   :ROFL2: :ROFL2:
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 04:50:31 PM »
Im trying to convince Bob that "ice cream" is not the way to change his world!!!!!   

Well, Good Luck With That!!!

I'm still trying to convince Carl the same thing relating to cookies and horses and dogs.  :ROFL2:  :ROFL2:  :ROFL2:  :ROFL2:  :ROFL2:  :ROFL2:   :ROFL2:

Offline PunkinNMe

• Custom tack, Hand-painted belts, Jewelry and More . . . CrystalCaballo.com
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 04:59:46 PM »
Bob and Ben are in my prayers.
 <(' ')>  <(' ')>
Some people come into the world and stay for a long time. Others are so powerful that do not have to stay long to change someones life.

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 08:17:18 PM »
Bob, Ben and you are all in my prayers.  I know it has to be really hard on all of you.   (((((((HUGS))))))))
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.