8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: $1,000 added Rescheduled in Mt. Vernon, Tx  (Read 2754 times)

Offline Andie Guess

• What?
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • $5 fine for whining
    • NBRA
$1,000 added Rescheduled in Mt. Vernon, Tx
« on: September 15, 2008, 07:44:51 PM »
Our show is rescheduled that was a rainout by IKE. We'll have it Saturday....THIS Saturday on the 20th in Mt. Vernon, TX. We have a regular show on Friday, the 19th if you'd like to get a run or two in before the show. All information is posted in the events page. Hope to see ya'll there and if yya don't mind pass the word. Thanks a bunch. Andie Guess
'I'm your huckleberry' Doc Holiday

Offline DEB BARNES

• TRUELY BLESSED
  • Fossil
  • RIDING ON FAITH
Re: $1,000 added Rescheduled in Mt. Vernon, Tx
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 08:05:03 PM »
andie im assuming that you not going to make the rrbra fundraiser in foreman since you have a tcbra on friday night huh?
HAVE FAITH GOD WILL SEE YOU THRU...

Offline Andie Guess

• What?
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • $5 fine for whining
    • NBRA
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 08:47:58 AM »
Hey Deborah, No I will not be there. Matter of fact, neither will Vicky Robertson as we are both board members of TCBRA. I just wished RRBRA would have check the schedules of other local associations prior to scheduling that. I try to check Marshall arena, Txstar arena, RRBRA, and Ewell's schedule when we are planning an event or show. It just makes sense so that each barrelracer can go to what's available without having to make a choice between places. I realize we can't prevent overscheduling shows outside of this area, but it is prudent to at least try not overscheduling anything in Northeast Texas or the close vicinity. Well now that I am through gripping :cheeze: I hope to see you Saturday and if you can pass the word around to your friends and fellow racers. It looks great for Saturday because there is nothing else going on locally.

Offline SmokinPerks

• Novice Member
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 10:42:14 AM »
Well darn. I won't be able to make it. I'm headed to ANHA. Oh well. Hope you guys have a great show.

Offline Andie Guess

• What?
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • $5 fine for whining
    • NBRA
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 01:45:50 PM »
Well darn. I won't be able to make it. I'm headed to ANHA. Oh well. Hope you guys have a great show.

I hate that! I am sorry. I really wished we weren't closing in on the end of the season. But hey, we'll have one more before the year is done and it's gonna be a blast. Details will follow on that one. Got alot of ideas and fun things. I called alot of barrelracers in the local vicinity and it looks like we will have enough for the $1000 added. I have sent over 200 emails, lol, too. One day I will have everyone who owns a horse, their addy, their phone # and their email addy too. :ROFL2:

Offline DEB BARNES

• TRUELY BLESSED
  • Fossil
  • RIDING ON FAITH
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 02:32:37 PM »
andie guess you know it is now a point show i just got the email for it

Offline Andie Guess

• What?
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • $5 fine for whining
    • NBRA
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 02:54:15 PM »
andie guess you know it is now a point show i just got the email for it

I know Deb. I got the email too. Now that really is bad now ain't it. I am a member of both and a board member of one, I have to be at Mt. Vernon. I am the treasurer. I really wished the RRBRA board would have at least took a peek at our calendar, we've had that date scheduled now for 1/2 a year. <(::)>  Well I guess I am crap out of luck on the drawing for that trailer now, so my family and I will now be out of RRBRA. I will be at New Boston for the Riley Brown Benefit and will need to get our board to cancel the show we have scheduled that day. If I can get them to agree we could add the Nov. 1st money to our fundraiser/point show we have rescheduled for Oct 17th. Oh well I am jumping ahead of myself now, but that's the situation for us. I don't know what Vicky is gonna do.

Offline DEB BARNES

• TRUELY BLESSED
  • Fossil
  • RIDING ON FAITH
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 03:04:35 PM »
im not a member, but try to go if theres nothing else to go to i use to run with them and have for yrs, but this yr i was gone to houston and made as many as i could when i came in, well girl i should see you saturday night if everything goes ok around here, hubbys horse has a absess, never had to deal with absess before, this is all new to me , i bought a horse with one and got him over it i guess i can hubby horse too, see you sat, if i can

Offline Slickster

• Mega Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
    • Red River Barrel Racing Assoc.
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 10:09:46 PM »
Gosh, that stinks about having to miss the RR....especially if youve made them all up to now.  Is there many that have qualified for the drawing on the trailer???

Yes, be sure to be at Rileys Memorial barrel race....gonna be bigger and better each year...$1000 added and this year we are not only giving away buckles to the winners of each D but are also giving breast collars for 2nd in each D.  We will also have t-shirts for sale so get there early.  I also have been contacted by some vendors so there will be lots of cool stuff to shop too. 

Hope to see ya Sat. at Mt. Vernon.  I think the weather is suppose to be great.
Red River Barrel Racing Assoc.
www.RRBRA.com

Offline V.McDougal

• Extreme Member
    • Red River Kennels ~ Yorkshire Terriers ~ Avery, Tx
Red River Barrel Race.....?
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 11:02:08 PM »
Yeap IT STINKS ALRIGHT!!!!!! Exspecillay when you have been a faithfull member and have attanded every show and in the runnin for the saddles and trailer, and already have had other plans because it WAS NOT on the Schelude as a POINT show and only givin a 2-day notice(????)...... and alot of the members don't have a clue to what even going on.....

There is so much going on in this area this week and weekend, There is the Red River Co Fair - Clarksville, Tx Wed thur Sat, The 4-States Fair, TXK, AR all week, The Breast Cancer Barrel Bash 2000 added, at the 4-States Fair Sunday, and Mt Vernon 1000 added show on Saturday, Oh and NOT the mension all the football games - (Barrel racer / Cheerleaders) Friday Night.

Anyway I think it is still up in the air on wheather they are going to make it a point show or not.... Got to have 6 members say they can't make it by tomorrow, from what i understand..... they have already had 4 today and with Andie and Vicky that makes 6.... So we'll see, it is subpose to be on the website in the morning...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 11:08:09 PM by Red River »
Red River Kennels ~ Yorkshire Terriers ~ Avery, Tx
http://www.redriverkennels.com

Offline Andie Guess

• What?
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • $5 fine for whining
    • NBRA
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 06:25:25 AM »
Gosh, that stinks about having to miss the RR....especially if youve made them all up to now.  Is there many that have qualified for the drawing on the trailer???

Yes, be sure to be at Rileys Memorial barrel race....gonna be bigger and better each year...$1000 added and this year we are not only giving away buckles to the winners of each D but are also giving breast collars for 2nd in each D.  We will also have t-shirts for sale so get there early.  I also have been contacted by some vendors so there will be lots of cool stuff to shop too. 

Hope to see ya Sat. at Mt. Vernon.  I think the weather is suppose to be great.

I am not going to miss that show, love running with you guys. I will be there and get me a shirt, a buckle and maybe a breastcollar.....lol Hubby can have the breast collar and I want the buckle. LOL HE doesn't agree, but he is a man so it doesn't count. LOL :ROFL2: See you Saturday.

Offline Andie Guess

• What?
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • $5 fine for whining
    • NBRA
Re: Red River Barrel Race.....?
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 06:27:07 AM »
Yeap IT STINKS ALRIGHT!!!!!! Exspecillay when you have been a faithfull member and have attanded every show and in the runnin for the saddles and trailer, and already have had other plans because it WAS NOT on the Schelude as a POINT show and only givin a 2-day notice(????)...... and alot of the members don't have a clue to what even going on.....

There is so much going on in this area this week and weekend, There is the Red River Co Fair - Clarksville, Tx Wed thur Sat, The 4-States Fair, TXK, AR all week, The Breast Cancer Barrel Bash 2000 added, at the 4-States Fair Sunday, and Mt Vernon 1000 added show on Saturday, Oh and NOT the mension all the football games - (Barrel racer / Cheerleaders) Friday Night.

Anyway I think it is still up in the air on wheather they are going to make it a point show or not.... Got to have 6 members say they can't make it by tomorrow, from what i understand..... they have already had 4 today and with Andie and Vicky that makes 6.... So we'll see, it is subpose to be on the website in the morning...

I've missed one show and that is all I could miss to be eligible for the trailer......I hope they change it, if not for my sake but for all the other members this puts in a spot. <(::)>

Offline Andie Guess

• What?
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • $5 fine for whining
    • NBRA
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 08:14:35 AM »
Hey Red River, you didn't count the rest of my family. Cary Guess, Amber Guess and Dalton Guess, that's 4 members including me that won't be coming. So, then you count my sister Jackie Erwin who is winning 2 saddles, who also will be not able to come. She thought all the point shows would be on Saturdays, so she got her boss to give her Saturdays off. NOw doesn't have a babysitter either.....on such short notice. This is looking really ugly for RR and seems to be possibly they are trying to lower the competition for themselves, pretty bad if you ask me.

Offline Runnin Wild

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 02:06:52 PM »
So, Ponygirl did you get a phone call or an email about the vote? They didn't give anyone much notice.

Offline Andie Guess

• What?
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • $5 fine for whining
    • NBRA
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 02:17:41 PM »
So, Ponygirl did you get a phone call or an email about the vote? They didn't give anyone much notice.

No, they did not call me. I did not get an email. I emailed them and got a reply that my vote was done by them knowing I was on the board of TCBRA and that I couldn't be there anyway, so they considered my vote as no, without giving me a phone call.
My sister is not in the same association as I am, but she is a member of RR and they did not call her either. They did not call Vicky Robertson either and she is a member. However I have found out they called a member who has not made but 3 shows, and that was back in the spring when she was coming. She had already fallen out and was a NON_ATTENDER, but her vote was counted against mine, of which I wasn't even asked anyway......SO I DID NOT GET TO VOTE.