8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Oh Where Oh Where is TNT???? Come out Come out where ever you are?  (Read 7355 times)

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
Re: Oh Where Oh Where is TNT???? Come out Come out where ever you are?
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2008, 09:05:20 PM »
Way to go Txsweetie!  I did talk to TNT today.  I am going to the Fair Rodeo Saturday and just hope my pony works.  I don't know what headgear I am going in yet, but I'm kinda excited.  I locked her up this week to get the grass belly off of her.  Just about gone................Yup, Deezy is upset with me, no grass.   :blah:
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline Txsweetie

• I'm Loving It....
  • Dinosaur!
  • It is what it is..................
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2008, 09:20:25 PM »
You will get it Betsy.  I for one am tired of sitting at home and the pony is not getting any better standing around looking pretty.  I have two more that need ridden and patterened so I kicked my butt in gear with the help of TNT and got after it.  I am not going to rely on my excuses anymore to keep me okay with not riding or going anywhere, I am just gonna go, through caution to the wind and see what happens.  You never get any better unless you take chances and put yourself out there to experience the chances.  So we will see how it goes......
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.  -Dr. Suess

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2008, 09:23:52 PM »
Yup, so true.............I am gonna start going too.............I miss everybody.  Hope to see you somewhere down the trails................ :blah:

Offline Txsweetie

• I'm Loving It....
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2008, 09:27:54 PM »
We will Betsy, it is just a matter of time!!!!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.  -Dr. Suess

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2008, 09:31:30 PM »
At least I only have 1 to ride daily.  I couldn't work full time and ride a bunch.  I can't wait to get with laura and tune me pony up.  I should have her in really good shape by then.  That is going to be so cool!   >:D

Offline Txsweetie

• I'm Loving It....
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2008, 09:36:41 PM »
YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yes more than one is tiresome but it will pay off and it makes me a better rider mentally and physically. 

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2008, 09:39:44 PM »
You will get it Betsy.  I for one am tired of sitting at home and the pony is not getting any better standing around looking pretty.  I have two more that need ridden and patterened so I kicked my butt in gear with the help of TNT and got after it.  I am not going to rely on my excuses anymore to keep me okay with not riding or going anywhere, I am just gonna go, through caution to the wind and see what happens.  You never get any better unless you take chances and put yourself out there to experience the chances.  So we will see how it goes......

I will tell you this so you feel better.  You are not the only one who doesn't always get out on that limb....Last year I was at the nbha state finals.
I was up in every go either right before or right after my friend Todd Burger.  He grabbed me after a run and we got to talking.  I told him that I had
a really good horse that had won 5th up at Calgary.  He asked me "where is he"....I said, "home".  He looked at me and said, "what?? What??"...
I said he belongs to a good buddy of mine and I'm tuning him up.  He said, "did she say you could ride him?"  And I said, "ya"....He said, "Laura! what
are you doing on that horse then?"  I said, "well I don't want to make him look bad if I don't do everything just right you know....he's a really good horse and I'm scared I'll make him look bad."  Todd looked me square in the eye and said, "listen....you ride good.  You tune good.  You know your stuff....
If you get a bad run, and you are going to get one every now and then---you will go to another one next week and do better.  They leave them with you
to run.  They leave them with you to tune.  Go have fun, and forget about it.  I ride horses everyday for clients too....I make crappy runs, they will get over it.  Do the best you can do and if you win great, and if you don't great.  Go run the horses Laura and forget about it!"  He really jerked me around that day....got all over my butt.  Since then...I don't care.  I run your horse.  Sometimes I do well, and sometimes I don't.  I got the attitude now...
If I'm good enough to tune them for you, I oughta be good enough to enter them....See?  everyone needs someone every now and then to shake their tree!!   :cheeze: :cheeze: :cheeze: :cheeze:  Good ol' Todd. :yes: :yes: :yes:
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline Txsweetie

• I'm Loving It....
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2008, 09:43:05 PM »
Very true laura.  My problem is that I need someone to sit on the branches and encourage me on. :ROFL2:

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2008, 09:49:42 PM »
TnT is gonna break one of those branches off and use it on ya hind end if you don't watch out..... :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2008, 10:02:30 PM »
 :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

Offline vlpoag

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2008, 08:47:54 AM »
Very true laura.  My problem is that I need someone to sit on the branches and encourage me on. :ROFL2:
    ok txsweetie,i'm kinda in the same boat,so now that we have met and live close enough thier is no reason we can't go make some runs.as toby keith says i'm not as good as i once was ,at least i can go try.my problem is nobody around me to go do with.there are lots of little jackpots going on around us so no reason not to go. hope you decide to go to winmoore we can visit again.
"LET HIM RUN"

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #101 on: September 26, 2008, 09:22:06 AM »
WRONG...YOU ARE ALWAYS AS GOOD AS YOU ONCE WERE.....what you may lack in athletism when you get older....you  make up for
in experience!....NEVER GET that ATTITUDE!!
YOU CAN DO IT!.....If june holeman can do it!  If Martha can do it!  You can do it... :cheeze: :cheeze: :cheeze:

Offline vlpoag

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #102 on: September 26, 2008, 09:36:56 AM »
WRONG...YOU ARE ALWAYS AS GOOD AS YOU ONCE WERE.....what you may lack in athletism when you get older....you  make up for
in experience!....NEVER GET that ATTITUDE!!
YOU CAN DO IT!.....If june holeman can do it!  If Martha can do it!  You can do it... :cheeze: :cheeze: :cheeze:
laura wanta come live at my house,my hubby doesn't not encourage me,but he doesn't either,and yes i do look at them and the other seniors(experienced group) and tell myself i can still do this,this horse i have now isn't abarn burner but if he'll just not buck  (like my mare did at nbha last year )that means alot. thanks you made my day,since i'm sitting here at school no kids,inservice BORING
"LET HIM RUN"

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #103 on: September 26, 2008, 10:02:59 AM »
You can do it....don't take no for an answer.....I am a firm believer that its 70% rider and 30% horse.....I may not have as fast a
horse as I used to have, but I have years of experience to tell me what to do now when I get in a jam.  Never take no for an answer.
Never not "believe".  You can do it.  Hang tough.  Mind over matter.  Tell yourself to COWGIRL UP! :cheeze: :cheeze: :cheeze:

Offline vlpoag

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #104 on: September 26, 2008, 10:06:15 AM »
by best friend just told me that (cowgirl up) last week,better get busy hadn't i ?
"LET HIM RUN"