8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: LAURA IS BROKE DOWN ON 820 NORTH FT WORTH!!  (Read 7044 times)

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
Re: LAURA IS BROKE DOWN ON 820 NORTH FT WORTH!!
« Reply #120 on: September 26, 2008, 11:21:36 PM »
Good Nite.  I am watching a movie with the guys and then I am going to bed.............My son has a track meet first thing in the morning............cross country that is................I will definitely have trouble getting up................. :\\((( :\\(((
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline Christi

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #121 on: September 26, 2008, 11:22:56 PM »
Nite y'all.  :later:
‎"Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy."
~ Norman Vincent Peale

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #122 on: September 27, 2008, 12:37:32 AM »
Hey guys. Thanks for all the help. Man I do not know what I would do without EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU. Ya'll are the best. My week has just been crap. In fact september has been crap. I waited around yesterday to see if liz was going with me and I didn't leave like I knew I shouldve. She just couldn't break loose I guess. Then the truck batteries went bad. I had a short in my battery boxes on the trailer that were ruining the batteries. We spent 400+ dollars replacing batteries this morning and we also thought the alternator might be bad but I said screw it...I'm going! I got all my gear together and loaded the mangers and put the window up on the drop down, walked away and came back,loaded some stuff and was standing there and BOOMM...the window smashed me on the head. I was LAID OUT. NOT JOKING. After cussing and making up new cuss word phrases I got up and checked out my bleeding skull. I am happy to report however..I didn't cry hahahaahah. Then I got in the truck and started by the front of the house and noticed my a/c wasn't getting cold so jamie followed me to town and put refrigerant in the truck. So happy I had some a/c!! Now I'm hurrying and making great time. Made it from gustine to ft worth in an hour and half. I'm driving down the road with an ice pack on my head getting funny looks but who cares right? I get on 820 and the radiator belt blows. I finally get off the hwy with people trying to kill me and rowdy, joker and little bit. I call my at and t people for my roadside assistance telling me they won't honor becuz I'm in a one ton. GRRRRR...finally after about 45 minutes terry henry stopped to save me. He is my hero! I promise not to talk bad about team ropers at least til next year! Hahaha. Anyway I haul butt up to ardmore. I go up to enter. They had 394 when they were on 71.  Estimated time to run was between 3 and 4am. Yall I just couldn't do it. Besides me just being tired those horses had stood in the trailer for 7-8 hours. My head was killing me, and I didn't want to stay up half the night. I started thinking that the way my luck was running I should just get some sleep and go for it on sunday. So CY was right. I left and went to my very good friends house, joleen hales, that owns perks alive over by madill. We went and ate mexican food and I am fixing to get some sleep. Sorry to wimp out but I just need some sleep. I thought my head was harder than that but contrary to popular belief...it hurt like hell!  I'll let you guys know my run numbers for sunday soon as they post them. I am going to the sale tomorrow...jamie said no more horses but I did come with a three horse trailer and only two horses...hmmmm...hahaha. Thanks for everything once again. I really missed you guys today. You are the BEST!
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline Christi

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #123 on: September 27, 2008, 08:16:54 AM »
Laura, I'm glad you made it there safely.  Good luck on Sunday!  Oh, I think maybe you better fill that 3rd spot in your trailer... >:D
‎"Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy."
~ Norman Vincent Peale

Offline Nell

• Fossil
« Reply #124 on: September 27, 2008, 08:26:36 AM »
Laura - ditto what Christi said glad your safe and sound....have fun and do good....and if you want to bring a pony home.... go rite a head
remember.... a girl can ALWAYS use another horse >:D >:D

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #125 on: September 27, 2008, 08:30:29 AM »
Laura, you had quite a day................I am fixing to go watch Colt's cross country meet...............So glad I didn't have to stay up till 3 or 4 a.m.  I couldn't have done it either with that kind of day.  Catch ya later today!

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #126 on: September 27, 2008, 08:31:27 AM »
Hey Laura, you can use the excuse my daughter used at 13 when I asked her why she was wearing eyeliner when she got home from school...

I don't know, somebody must have put it there when I didn't know about it.  :blah:   <(::)>
 :ROFL2:  :ROFL2:  :ROFL2:  :ROFL2:  :ROFL2:  :ROFL2:   :ROFL2:  :ROFL2:  :ROFL2:

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #127 on: September 27, 2008, 08:32:28 AM »
How funny! :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #128 on: September 27, 2008, 08:37:19 AM »
Go Laura!!!!!!   And I gave her hell about having a 3 horse trailer while only carrying 2 up there...   >:D   Told her at least she could only come home with 1  :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #129 on: September 27, 2008, 08:45:20 AM »
i bet u sooooooooooo glad that day is over!!!!
can't wait till May!!!

Offline LeLamb051772

• Dinosaur!
    • Double RR Quarter Horses
« Reply #130 on: September 27, 2008, 09:28:34 AM »
Laura, I hope mom was able to help ya!  Glad I got to talk to ya and hope your day is better today!  Much love chickie!!  Good luck.....but don't beat Emily!!!   <()>
When you kneel before the Lord, you can stand before anything