8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: a BIG thank you laura  (Read 28371 times)

Offline Nell

• Fossil
Re: a BIG thank you laura
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2008, 10:53:31 PM »
Farel - I'm going to bed too...talk to you tomorrow <HI>

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2008, 12:49:21 AM »
I just got home! About 12am or so...fed horses and took care of Rowdy....was going to beddy bye....and I had to get on here and just
look and see what had been going on while I was gone...

BOY DID I MISS SOMETHING....WHAT IN THE WORLD HAVE YOU GIRLS COOKED UP??
ah hummmmm.....

OK.  You know the old saying...."If you build it, they will come".....well you figure it out and I will be there....find a date, find a place,
find a time.  Coincidence or no....Joleen Hales asked me to do a clinic this weekend.  So if the date works for her, she will be there
as well to do a lecture on teeth probs and evaluate your horses perhaps.  I've done a few clinics in the past and Joleen was at each
of them.  They were lots of fun and this should be no different....WILL THIS BE A PARTY? or a clinic....I have only one request....
Please no one make me eat at Dairy Queen  :nahnah: :nahnah: :nahnah:.... :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2008, 05:47:09 AM »
to helll with the party..I WANT HER CLINIC!!!  i want clinic so i can ride better, win more more, so i can PARTY more!!!  (woohoo)
can't wait till May!!!

Offline vlpoag

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2008, 07:13:32 AM »
 <(::)> <(::)> <(::)>
"LET HIM RUN"

Offline vlpoag

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2008, 07:25:38 AM »
 laura,bet you will check in more often now,we just have you all fixed up don't we?lots of skeeming on here,once again i do want to thank you for your vote of confidence,i did think about it what  you said warming up. of cource hubby say swhen i told him i won money ,what did they have a 10 d? 
"LET HIM RUN"

Offline Nell

• Fossil
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2008, 07:52:21 AM »
YAY!!!!  I'm so excited!!! Cant wait....lots of planning to do.......... :cheeze:

Offline Txsweetie

• I'm Loving It....
  • Dinosaur!
  • It is what it is..................
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2008, 08:32:08 AM »
lmao Laura just needs to come to my house..Txsweetie isn't but about a hour from me.. the OK line is only 3 hours.. DFW is 3 hours...wonder how far Betsy lives from me..

Good idea CY  sounds like a plan!!!!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.  -Dr. Suess

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2008, 08:58:30 AM »
laura,bet you will check in more often now,we just have you all fixed up don't we?lots of skeeming on here,once again i do want to thank you for your vote of confidence,i did think about it what  you said warming up. of cource hubby say swhen i told him i won money ,what did they have a 10 d? 

haha...that is just not right! lol....
Seriously remember this! You might have no support system with your barrel racing or you may have the best support system but nothing works mentally
if you don't believe in yourself!  Everytime you run, you have to believe.  And I'm not talking about trying to make yourself believe that you are going to win the darn thing, I'm talking about believing in your horse and what you know and making the best run YOU CAN MAKE that day.  Every thought, every bit of body language is what the horse picks up on.  If you are not confident, he will not be confident...Say to yourself when you get to the barrel race...I ride this horse EVERY DAY.  I know my horse.  I did the work.  Now I am going in there to make the best run I possibly can for this day.
Then when its over.  Remember you can't rehash your run right then and there.  Your mind is not clear.  Come out of the arena and find one good thing
that you did during that run and congratulate yourself!  Ask Cy....when I was done yesterday...and little bit had some problems....Ask her what I said...
I said, "well things didn't go exactly right but man did I hustle that horse....I was riding the heck out of him...I never quit kicking or driving"....Pat yourself
on the back right then!  You may have no one to tell it to, but tell yourself!  Good Job!!  I don't care if the best thing you did was not fall off....Good Job!!
You have to build your own ego...no one does that for you....remember that....if it didn't go well, you will go home and fix it.  The barrel race is over,
and there's next week!! :cheeze: :cheeze: :cheeze:

Offline debhorses

• Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2008, 09:09:47 AM »
ya this sat and sun are just around the corner and dangit i want GUS to win the average this weekend!
can't wait till May!!!

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2008, 09:18:46 AM »
Then you need to be saying to yourself right now...."man did I have a nice run the other day!....I did that and I made him do that!  Now I'm going in there to make that super nice run one more time."  Don't think about the average.  Take it one run at a time.  You should be thinking about only your first run right now....Think about how it felt to send him out there, and how responsive he was to what you asked.  Think
about all the good things that you did.  Now sit down and write down what you think you could've improved on.  Write it down...take 5 minutes and write it down.  Read it about 3 times and throw it in the trash can.  And be done with it.  You just threw the junk you wrote down from your brain into the trash can.  Its trash now, so go ride your horse this week, and be happy! :cheeze:

Offline debhorses

• Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2008, 09:24:36 AM »
well it was gonna be a secret but i guess not now..i'm keeping a daily journal of everything including my fitness routine and my horsie routines until i leave for georgia..its the only way i can be 110% accountable..otherwise i'm just draggin myself behind the wagon..so to speak.. i'm printing out your last two posts and copy and pasting them in there too..oh GAWD!! i'm a plagerisum person!! hehehe
can't wait till May!!!

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2008, 11:54:41 AM »
Yippee, she didn't say no...................... *:o *:o *:o    I think it will be a great time................. (woohoo)
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2008, 11:54:41 AM »
Just talked to mom....got my crew together on this...checking dates....you ya'll have a preference?

I need to know so I can plan my entries... :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Offline debhorses

• Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2008, 12:00:38 PM »
dam the only free weekend i have till december is thanksgivin weekend
can't wait till May!!!

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2008, 12:01:50 PM »
I was thinking the weekend before Thanksgiving so i could stay longer at Laura's..................Darn, debpony you are a busy woman...................... *:o
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."