8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: WE NEED KITTEH"S!!!!! Here ya go....  (Read 10408 times)

Offline ~Kara Elaine~

• check out my site! www.smokeminstyle.com
  • Dinosaur!
  • my B52 Bomber
    • smokem in style performance horses
Re: HOLD ON TO YOUR BOOTS!
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2008, 12:05:30 PM »
Im all for equal rights, but I agree this seems like a segregation issue. Isnt this segregation? If they begin to allow children to be segregated based on sexual preferance then where does it end? Special schools are ment to help children with LEARNING difficulties... not accomidating to teenagers who shouldnt be engaging in sexual behavior yet anyways.  Plus they are just that TEENAGERS... what 16 or 17 year old really knows who or what they are officially, they change their mind every day. I think we should focus on the children doing the bullying not the confused or "different" children in the school system.
A fool and their money, soon have more horse than they can handle

Offline PunkinNMe

• Custom tack, Hand-painted belts, Jewelry and More . . . CrystalCaballo.com
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
Re: HOLD ON TO YOUR BOOTS! EWWWW
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2008, 12:09:02 PM »
You're right.
It is a d@#% shame when you have to be more concerned about protecting a student than educating them.  But that I am afraid is the world we live in.  Period.
You can rail against it.  You can call it Liberal.  But it's reality.
As long as people are raising their children in hate, it will be reality.

CHILDREN, not adults who have options, not someone who has "chosen" (which is bullcrap) to be gay, not someone who has chosen to live an out lifestyle rather than spend his or her life lying and feeling subhuman . . .
BUT CHILDREN!!  are being murdered for how they feel.
And you would have the PUBLIC school system, a public that they are a part of, do nothing?

In one breath you complain about uneducated drains on the system who never bothered to get an education and get off their azzes and do more for themselves . . . but in another breath you would condemn these CHILDREN to becoming the same thing because they don't agree with your sexual or religious ideals.

Are you kidding me . . .
I mean, I was saddened when I logged on and saw a post that was more or less happy that a man might very well be assasinated by "evil red-necks" if he was elected president.  
I've been irked by some other posts that I've seen here in the past, that for whatever reason didn't sit well with me.  
And the truth is I make it a point to not reply to alot of the stuff that gets posted here regarding religion and politics and the like . . .

BUT OH MY GOD PEOPLE!!
These kids are dropping out of school!  They are NOT getting an education!  They are in very real danger whether you agree with their sexuality or not!  And you would condemn a system that is trying to give them some sort of chance to be productive members of society?

And here's the thing.  Had these same folks in Chicago said that they were going to institute sensitivity training with public school kindergarteners where the cirriculum included sensitivity toward those who live alternative lifestyles . . . some of you would cry bloody murder over that too!  "Don't tell me how to raise my child!"

So what, just the hell with these kids because they are gay?  They aren't worth the effort, ANY effort because of a "choice".  Is that it?

I'm amazed.

Some people come into the world and stay for a long time. Others are so powerful that do not have to stay long to change someones life.

Offline LeLamb051772

• Dinosaur!
    • Double RR Quarter Horses
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2008, 12:17:41 PM »
First of all, I don't really believe that anyone here was condemning anyone....It was an article on CNN.COM
and no one mentioned any sexual or religious beliefs....that I could find when I scrolled back thru....
And it's no different than people at my daughter's high school being sent to AEP for taking up for themselves when someone physically attacks them...they aren't even allowed to take up for themselves....I witnessed that today when my daughter called me to bring her spanish paper she had forgotten at home ~ girl was being sent to AEP because she struck back at two BOYS that hit her first...WHICH is about the same thing that gays/lesbians in school systems go thru.....
WHICH, goes back to what Tamet said previously about worrying about your children's education instead of having to worry about their safety.....
When you kneel before the Lord, you can stand before anything

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2008, 12:19:14 PM »
GUS is a blonde :cheeze:
can't wait till May!!!

Offline ~Kara Elaine~

• check out my site! www.smokeminstyle.com
  • Dinosaur!
  • my B52 Bomber
    • smokem in style performance horses
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2008, 12:22:56 PM »
Where are the parents that allow these children to drop out?There are different ways to handle this situation besides building them their own special school.... I dont think any child should be given the right to use their sexuality as a crutch thats just my honest opinon.
A fool and their money, soon have more horse than they can handle

Offline LeLamb051772

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2008, 12:25:13 PM »
Speaking from a parents stand point RODEO, some parents as I have learned (I have one in 9th and one in 8th) don't care and would rather not have to deal with their children....
I have to stay on my son who's in 8th grade about talking in school and grades.... now Emily, is a perfectionist and I don't have to say a word to her about discipline at school or grades....
alot of parents nowdays are LAZY

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2008, 12:33:21 PM »
The original post had "EWWWWWW", in the title.  I personally felt like that was meant to condemn the lifestyle that this school would be geared toward.  Perhaps I'm wrong in that feeling, but I don't think so.

I think it is sad, and I'm even sadder that my kid will live in it, but I think it's sad that we have schools where the insane run the asylum.  I think it is sad that you have to even consider your child being murdered at school for ANY REASON.  I think it is sad, that there is a circumstance where any child feels better taking his chances as a drop out than going to school . . .

But as sad as it is, that is what the world is now.  
So while in an ideal world, your child would be able to RIGHTFULLY defend herself . . . this world ain't ideal.  In an ideal world . . . a child would be able to go to school and not have to worry about being persecuted for his sexuality . . . this world ain't ideal.  In an ideal world, as someone else said, CHILDREN woudln't even be having sex . . . this world is FAR from ideal in that respect.  

So in reality, we have to deal with what this world is.  And that is a world where children need an alternative to mainstream public school because they are being persecuted otherwise.  A world where the threat of your child never coming home from school is VERY real.  And if they can do one thing to lessen THAT chance, or better the chance that these kids will actually graduate and make something of themselves - I for one wish I could dictate that my tax dollars go to THAT school district.  At least they are trying to save children.

And whle I have not yet hit parenthood, if my child honestly felt threatened . . . and knowing the risks that children face from other children . . . I'd sure as hell let him drop out before I let him be murdered.  Would I rather say my son/daughter is a drop out rather than my kid's buried in plot 138 . . . yes.
I'm lucky in that I know there are other options, and I'd make that happen - but everyone isn't so fortunate. 

And yes, some parents are just lazy.  And some of those same lazy parents have written off their child anyway because of the "choice" they have made . . .
And I would argue that those are the children who need us the most. 

« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 12:36:39 PM by PunkinNMe »
Some people come into the world and stay for a long time. Others are so powerful that do not have to stay long to change someones life.

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2008, 12:37:48 PM »
What a hard post to comment on....

I am very sympathetic to both sides of this issue...I would never put up with people being unkind to my child based on sexual preference.
On the other side of the coin, I don't know that by opening a new school for these students is the answer.  Thinking back on my own
experiences....high school was a building block for the way society rears its ugly head later in life.  I had alot of hard knocks to go thru
back then.  The same kind of people who were "ugly" then, are more than likely the same "ugly acting" people now. I learned there how to handle some of them.  Now I did not deal with death threats and such things as that...that is a job for authorities each and everytime! You can better believe if Caitlyn was being threatened that I would be heads up on it.   I was taught as a
youngster if life throws you lemons...you better make lemonade.  I have never been the type of person who descriminated against
any color, race, sexual preference, or challenged person.  Perhaps we need to look alittle deeper at the people who are raising these children...
it always starts at home no matter what the issue is with a child.  What kind of parenting is going on?  Perhaps the parents are the ones
who need better education so the next generation is better equipped to proceed in life.  No I wasn't ever educated from mother about
gay and lesbian lifestyles...I just knew it was not my lifestyle.  But mother raised me with enough respect for the human race period to
accept people for what and who they were and not be judgemental.  As the old saying goes..."Don't get in my backyard until yours is
perfectly cleaned up".  I try to live by that motto.  I'm saying this because this subject is soooo touchy.  I love each of you---I am not here to
be a die-hard opinionated perfectionist type friend.  I don't think anyone has the perfect answer on this subject, but I believe the solution
always begins when children are small and the parents are gracious enough to educate their child on what appropriate behavior is, and what
respect for other people is.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 12:39:47 PM by lauraSchumann »
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline LeLamb051772

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2008, 12:40:24 PM »
What a hard post to comment on....

I am very sympathetic to both sides of this issue...I would never put up with people being unkind to my child based on sexual preference.
On the other side of the coin, I don't know that by opening a new school for these students is the answer.  Thinking back on my own
experiences....high school was a building block for the way society rears its ugly head later in life.  I had alot of hard knocks to go thru
back then.  The same kind of people who were "ugly" then, are more than likely the same "ugly acting" people now. I learned there how to handle some of them.  Now I did not deal with death threats and such things as that...that is a job for authorities each and everytime! You can better believe if Caitlyn was being threatened that I would be heads up on it.   I was taught as a
youngster if life throws you lemons...you better make lemonade.  I have never been the type of person who descriminated against
any color, race, sexual preference, or challenged person.  Perhaps we need to look alittle deeper at the people who are raising these children...
it always starts at home no matter what the issue is with a child.  What kind of parenting is going on?  Perhaps the parents are the ones
who need better education so the next generation is better equipped to proceed in life.  No I wasn't ever educated from mother about
gay and lesbian lifestyles...I just knew it was not my lifestyle.  But mother raised me with enough respect for the human race period to
accept people for what and who they were and not be judgemental.  As the old saying goes..."Don't get in my backyard until yours if
perfectly cleaned up".  I try to live by that motto.  I'm saying this because this subject is soooo touchy.  I love each of you---I am not here to
be a die-hard opinionated perfectionist type friend.  I don't think anyone has the perfect answer on this subject, but I believe the solution
always begins when children are small and the parents are gracious enough to educate their child on what appropriate behavior is, and what
respect for other people is.
Very well said Laura...my beliefs exactly....
Punkin, the reason it had "EWWW" originally is because of the content in it being so touchy and it was more like "Oh God...look what's going on" kinda thing...

Offline Trouble n Texs

• Elite Member
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2008, 12:41:29 PM »
TNT....a dear friend of my family was gay......there is no bandwagon, at least not on my part....I simply posted a story that was on CNN about the subject....and I do not agree with a school strictly for homosexuals.....isn't that segregation???
[/quote

I'M NOT FOR A TOTALLY GAY SCHOOL EITHER, SENT U A PM
FRIENDS ARE LIKE A TREE,SOME ARE LIKE THE ROOTS OF THE TREE ALWAYS STANDING SOLID W/U...OTHERS ARE LIKE THE LEAVES OF THE TREE THEY GO ALL DIRECTIONS WHEN THE WIND BLOWS,AND OTHERS ARE LIKE THE STUFF U USE TO FERTILIZE THE TREE........FULL OF $@^* !!!!

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2008, 12:46:35 PM »
just makes me feel stronger about home schooling
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2008, 12:52:24 PM »
I agree with Laura on the above, but this article is talking about high school.  These kids have been "raised" and taught the hateful behavior that they are perpetuating.  And they've been brought up in it for so long, and apparently by people who think it is right, that at this point I'm not sure you could affect their thinking.
Based on their own fears of being targeted, the hormonal surge they are going through, and what they've known for so long . . . you'd be hard pressed to make enough of a difference.

Do I think that along with the school they should implement some sort of sensitivity training that starts when they enter the public school system . . . yes.  But I can't wait to see the posts and articles when they start trying to "raise people's children."

This school is an option.  Not a steadfast rule.  And again, as the article states it wouldn't be just for GLBT children specifically.  I imagine that all sorts of kids who don't fit into the mainstream ideal would attend.

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2008, 12:55:56 PM »
Home schooling is a definate plus these days unless you are fortunate enough to live in a little town like we are....Caitlyn is so lucky...she receives lots of individual attention...total in her Sr. class is 17 kids. <(' ')>
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline Trouble n Texs

• Elite Member
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2008, 01:01:35 PM »
You're right.
It is a d@#% shame when you have to be more concerned about protecting a student than educating them.  But that I am afraid is the world we live in.  Period.
You can rail against it.  You can call it Liberal.  But it's reality.
As long as people are raising their children in hate, it will be reality.

CHILDREN, not adults who have options, not someone who has "chosen" (which is bullcrap) to be gay, not someone who has chosen to live an out lifestyle rather than spend his or her life lying and feeling subhuman . . .
BUT CHILDREN!!  are being murdered for how they feel.
And you would have the PUBLIC school system, a public that they are a part of, do nothing?

In one breath you complain about uneducated drains on the system who never bothered to get an education and get off their azzes and do more for themselves . . . but in another breath you would condemn these CHILDREN to becoming the same thing because they don't agree with your sexual or religious ideals.

Are you kidding me . . .
I mean, I was saddened when I logged on and saw a post that was more or less happy that a man might very well be assasinated by "evil red-necks" if he was elected president.  
I've been irked by some other posts that I've seen here in the past, that for whatever reason didn't sit well with me.  
And the truth is I make it a point to not reply to alot of the stuff that gets posted here regarding religion and politics and the like . . .

BUT OH MY GOD PEOPLE!!
These kids are dropping out of school!  They are NOT getting an education!  They are in very real danger whether you agree with their sexuality or not!  And you would condemn a system that is trying to give them some sort of chance to be productive members of society?

And here's the thing.  Had these same folks in Chicago said that they were going to institute sensitivity training with public school kindergarteners where the cirriculum included sensitivity toward those who live alternative lifestyles . . . some of you would cry bloody murder over that too!  "Don't tell me how to raise my child!"

So what, just the hell with these kids because they are gay?  They aren't worth the effort, ANY effort because of a "choice".  Is that it?

I'm amazed.

[/quot

PUNKINnME FOR PRESIDENT.......
FRIENDS ARE LIKE A TREE,SOME ARE LIKE THE ROOTS OF THE TREE ALWAYS STANDING SOLID W/U...OTHERS ARE LIKE THE LEAVES OF THE TREE THEY GO ALL DIRECTIONS WHEN THE WIND BLOWS,AND OTHERS ARE LIKE THE STUFF U USE TO FERTILIZE THE TREE........FULL OF $@^* !!!!

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2008, 01:25:46 PM »
TNT... huh? u dont like GUS and ROWDY for prezzie and vice prezzie   :\\(((

i gotta teach u how to quote on this forum!!!!!!!!!!!
can't wait till May!!!