8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Moment of silence...  (Read 1853 times)

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
Re: Moment of silence...
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 07:57:13 PM »
 <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')>

Offline Txsweetie

• I'm Loving It....
  • Dinosaur!
  • It is what it is..................
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 09:25:36 PM »
 <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')>
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.  -Dr. Suess

Offline luvmygirls

• Extreme Member
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2008, 10:10:40 PM »
 (((((((HUGS))))))))

Offline cjakerock

• Mega Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2008, 09:36:17 AM »
Can I ask what happened?   SOOO sad
Says "advanced stages of EPM"
Till we meet again, I love you Dad 1/25/35 - 4/30/11

Offline Woodys Mama

• Dinosaur!
  • Woody Rock'n & Roll'n
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2008, 09:41:09 AM »
prayers for Ramsey

im trying to make that desicion (sP) about my old gelding

he is 27 and he raised me, i got him when he was 10 or so...
anyway when i got married in april i left him with my parents and they didnt take as good care of him as i do , he lost ALOT of weight so I decided to keep him here with me after Ike.
after a bunch of butt whippings by the others and 1 jack@$$ i had to put him out with one of our young horses that is lame, they seem to get along ok but he is just not gaining weight and I am concerned for him for the winter. He got left out in the big pasture a week ago and couldnt get back to the barn by himself, josh had to ride out and get him. he said that the horse ran into him three times (his vision is poor)

woody takes really good care of him but I need to keep woody out on the big pasture with the others, he is not suffering right now but i just start bawling everytime i start thinking about putting him down- he has been so good to me through the years
Live life like you were dying, let the people and animals CLOSE to you know you love them!!!

Offline Farel

• DOUBLE BLESSED
  • Fossil
  • Peppys Sashay Beau
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2008, 10:57:29 AM »
prayers for Ramsey

im trying to make that desicion (sP) about my old gelding

he is 27 and he raised me, i got him when he was 10 or so...
anyway when i got married in april i left him with my parents and they didnt take as good care of him as i do , he lost ALOT of weight so I decided to keep him here with me after Ike.
after a bunch of butt whippings by the others and 1 jack@$$ i had to put him out with one of our young horses that is lame, they seem to get along ok but he is just not gaining weight and I am concerned for him for the winter. He got left out in the big pasture a week ago and couldnt get back to the barn by himself, josh had to ride out and get him. he said that the horse ran into him three times (his vision is poor)

woody takes really good care of him but I need to keep woody out on the big pasture with the others, he is not suffering right now but i just start bawling everytime i start thinking about putting him down- he has been so good to me through the years
just like we talked WM...i have my 14 year old border collie that i am not sure either...her heart and all her blood work is great! it is her arthritis (the medicine is like $80) i think she is going deaf and blind. things that come with old age but i can't afford to keep buying more of the arthritis medicine. i give it to her when i think she needs it...not sure what to do either :\\(((
R.I.P BELLE (JULY 1994/OCTOBER 20,2008)
SWEET THING

I was one of the winners for the FINISH LINE HORSE PRODUCT $500 drawing for March 2008

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2008, 11:01:37 AM »
many prayers for all our ailing animals and many happy wishes for those that have moved on.   I hope their pastures are knee deep in thick luxurious grass and the streams are running beautiful crystal clear water. 
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline lilqhgal

• Cowgirl Expressions
    • Cowgirl Expressions
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2008, 10:32:10 AM »
Aww Rie how sweet of you to mention him here.  *sobbing*  Luffyew! 

It was rough on Friday.  I don't think I've cried that hard in a long time.  Even my big, strapping, redneck, non-horse hubby cried.  Traveler was more than a horse, he was like a puppy dog, and my baby.  I owned (and lost) his mother, owned his father, and bred and raised him from day 1.  He was always with me, and always will be. 

Lots of good horses have just crossed the bridge in the past couple months.  Two good online friends have also put their horses down due to EPM.  I don't know as if the mental preparation helped any.  It was harder going thru all the what-if's.  I am at peace with my decision however, and I know he's up there with his Momma.   

Traveler went to a beautiful place.  I know, because I saw it in a dream I had the night before.  It was Victory (his momma) and Traveler in some pasture I had never seen before but I would consider it my "dream" pasture - beautiful rolling hills, deep lush pasture, trees, creek, etc., and they both were running around without any problems.  I was watching in disbelief, and then the vet called, and said for some reason the Appt for Friday (to put him down) was only some kind of pre-lim appt so I would have to wait 10 days after signing paperwork to have it done.  Some kinda thing like to make sure you were doing the right thing.  So I tell her if we have to wait just screw it then I'll give him a chance to make a comeback and lets go ahead and get the sulfa drugs.  I got off the phone with her and both horses were running around in this beautiful field, playing and bucking and running, and they ran up the side of this hill and all of a sudden it was like they were 3' deep snow (but it wasn't snow, because it was summertime) and there were these, I don't know, cloud like drifts and they were lunging thru them (playing) and the wind would pick up and make these strange but beautiful ghost like swirls of their shapes rearing and bucking and running.  I tried to run inside to get my camera but when I got back out they were gone.  And then I woke up. So I know Vic came down to get his spirit that night.  And if I could ever describe Heaven, that would be it.  It was beautiful and they were so happy.  It's just sad missing him.  And Mikey the pony was his buddy, and he was calling for him all night.  That was sad too.  I have pics of his last day online at http://www.flickr.com/lilqhgal/ and click the Traveler's Last Day photos.  I got Jaylen on him so we could officially say that he was the first horse she ever rode.

Goodbye my sweet bubble boy...
Ramsey

Offline LeLamb051772

• Dinosaur!
    • Double RR Quarter Horses
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2008, 10:42:51 AM »
OK....Great pics....now I'm crying at work   :\\(((
When you kneel before the Lord, you can stand before anything

Offline PunkinNMe

• Custom tack, Hand-painted belts, Jewelry and More . . . CrystalCaballo.com
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2008, 10:46:09 AM »
Me too!
Which is not really new to my co-workers, but this is like real crying over here.

I don't have that with a horse right now, and there isn't one that I can say will be the first one he rides.

So I'm sad that you've lost Traveller, and happy for you that you got to say goodbye . . .

and crying.

Hugs to you and the family!

Some people come into the world and stay for a long time. Others are so powerful that do not have to stay long to change someones life.

Offline barl5

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2008, 10:54:51 AM »
 >CRYING EYES OUT< >CRYING EYES OUT< <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')>