8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Hats off to you guys!  (Read 13891 times)

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
Re: Hats off to you guys!
« Reply #195 on: October 17, 2008, 10:17:36 PM »
well thank you for being here ALSO sister!.....I have to say this...because some know this story and others do not.....Betsy had a great little bay horse several years back....man that sucker would bring it on and outrun your butt.  I did not really know Betsy at the time.  I had a great horse going down the road as well then also.  We both were at the same prca rodeos and both of us were pulling checks but I didn't know her and she didn't know me.  I didn't even know really what she looked like except when I saw that bay horse roll down the alleyway....I won't ever forget how he ran or turned---we were up at quite a few of the same rodeos, and I'm sure passed many times in the warm up pen.
When we got acquainted again on this board the first thing she did was tell me her "real name" and I said....hey I know you....you had the bay horse that blah, blah, blah.....and I described her horse to a T.  She was really amazed at that I think!!  I might forget a face...but darn it
I never forget a good horse! :cheeze: :cheeze: :cheeze: :cheeze:
Mack was certainly one of the greats.  I don't think anybody who ever saw him run would forget him.

Thank yall............Yup, I miss him a lot because he was my ticket to the NFR and I didn't punch it.............I talked to Dan about that because he went to the NFR once in BullRiding.  I went to Pocatella DNCFR twice is as close as I got.  He won the bullriding in 93.  I went in 92 and 97.  I never knew who he was except for his name and that he sure the hell could ride a bull.  Now he works on my horse.........It is for sure a small world.  RIP  "IT's A BIG MAC"........He was a calf roping son of a gun too.  He came from Jerry and Vicki Schnaker in Gothensburg, NE..........

C Cindy, I live in Woodstown NJ in 90 and 91.  Rodeoed first frontier circuit.  I think I went to Erie PA...........I went to Alexander Bay I know.  Only once..................I made all those race track rodeos up there.  I'd go back there in a heart beat.......Glad to have you on the board............ (woohoo)
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline canchasin Cindy

• Mega Member
  • Ride hard and believe in yourself.
« Reply #196 on: October 17, 2008, 10:29:42 PM »
C Cindy, I live in Woodstown NJ in 90 and 91.  Rodeoed first frontier circuit.  I think I went to Erie PA...........I went to Alexander Bay I know.  Only once..................I made all those race track rodeos up there.  I'd go back there in a heart beat.......Glad to have you on the board............ (woohoo)
[/quote]

Thanks for the welcome!  feels good to be here..  My kids rodeoed at Alexander Bay!  Brandon & Shannon rode bulls, Brandon was bullfighter, daughter Nicci rode barrels!  been to lots of the race track rodeos.!
"life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy @#!%, what a ride!" Mavis Leyrer age 83

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #197 on: October 17, 2008, 10:32:16 PM »
I know exactly where you talking about.  I think I won the rodeo at Hamburg too...............Is it a big fair and the arena is in the middle of a racetrack?

I had a blast up there in New Jersey.  I also went to Ballston Spa NY................Glad to get to chat with people in other parts of the US............... :cheeze:
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."