8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Destry?  (Read 17732 times)

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
Re: Destry?
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2008, 12:06:27 PM »
 <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> Still Praying! I just saw him Saturday! I gave him a BIG hug! When I heard this, I was crushed. Destry, you better cowboy up! Many Prayers!!! Corky, learn to make Milk Shakes!

Offline roany

• Veteran Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2008, 12:18:11 PM »
We just cant believe this!!! Thank God you are ok.
If ya'll need anything please call and let us know.  If you need additional help at the barrel race or even getting ready for the race please dont hesitate to call Jim and let us know. Praying for a speedy recovery for you.

Ms. Piggie needs you!!!!!!

Love ya
Jim and Stacey

Offline CD

• Posse Member
  • Mega Member
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2008, 12:52:41 PM »
Sorry to hear about Destry's accident, and it is coming at a terrible time for him with the Belton race a couple of weeks away and then the WPRA Finals in Tulsa.

Offline Doody1

• Elite Member
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2008, 01:05:28 PM »
 <(' ')>  Many prayers for a speedy recovery
The best things in life can not be bought, sold or stolen.  They are the memories in your mind and the love in your heart.  Always believe in yourself!

Offline Jan Sigler

• Elite Member
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2008, 01:08:04 PM »
Sorry to hear about Destry's accident, and it is coming at a terrible time for him with the Belton race a couple of weeks away and then the WPRA Finals in Tulsa.

Destry, hope you will be able to attend the Belton Race, can't wait to see you drink Pizza thru a straw!!! (for the Pizza get together party)
If ya'll need anything, let me know, does Pig need to come stay with me for a few days until you are better???

Offline Txsweetie

• I'm Loving It....
  • Dinosaur!
  • It is what it is..................
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2008, 01:27:35 PM »
Destry, I hope you are doing good and getting better!!! My prayers are with you.  If you or Corky need anything please let me know, I am 20 minutes away from Longview and can help out if needed!!!  <(' ')> <(' ')>
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.  -Dr. Suess

Offline LBrune

• Mega Member
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2008, 01:50:20 PM »
I just talked to Corky.  He asked for me to post for him.  Please understand I am not as good at words as Destry and Corky are so bear with me.
First off, Corky said to apologize for him not posting but he has no access to computer.  Thus you get me!
He said to thank everyone for their thoughts, prayers, and concern.  They are so appreciated.
Destry is scheduled for surgery tomorrow morning at 9:00.  The doctors don't know if they will be able to just wire the jaw back together or if they have to do a little more extensive procedures.  Just won't know until they get in there.  As I was speaking to Corky they were starting to wean Destry off the ventilator because they don't want him on it before surgery.
Obviously Destry is in pain and he has let them know this.  They are keeping that under control with the meds.
Corky said there is no major trauma to the outside of Destry's face, no stitches, cuts, scratches, nothing like that.  His face is just swollen.  No plastic surgery or anything like that will be required.  His lungs are bruised but the doctors don't seem to be concerned with that.
And of course until the surgery is completed they will not know how long Destry will have to remain in Longview.  Everything goes well he should be at home by next week at least.  No, he will not be able to come to the barrel race.  He will need someone to stay with him so I doubt that Corky will be able to be at the race either.
No one knows why the wreck happened, the assumption is that Destry went to sleep while driving.  God and His angels were definatley with Destry as Corky said there were two huge metal light poles that the truck went through the middle of both of them.
Again I would like to say that Corky thanks everyone for their thoughts and prayers.
I have tried to touch on everything that I thought you all might have questions about.  I think I have covered everything as well as Corky knows right now.
A local church furnishes housing for relatives of patients in the hospital and they have set Corky and Destry's mother up with a place to stay while they are there.
Please keep Destry and Corky in your prayers.  I'm sure will be seeing Destry out and about before too long.

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2008, 02:03:03 PM »
Thank you for the update!!! Many hugs and prayers!!  <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')>

Offline Tracy Henderson

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2008, 02:05:18 PM »
Thanks for the update Linda!  Many prayers for Destry, Corky and Destry's mom.  I am so thankful that you aren't hurt worse than you are Destry.  It sounds like it was a really bad accident, your angels were definitely there with you!  <(' ')>  I pray for a quick recovery and hope to see you out and about real soon!  If I can help with anything, please don't hesitate to ask!  

Offline Sherry May

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • We ran a 21.263!
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2008, 02:08:18 PM »
Thanks for the update!  Our prayers are with all of them!
Yesterday is history.
   Tomorrow a mystery.
      Today is a gift.
          That is why it is called the present.

Offline Nell

• Fossil
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2008, 02:12:01 PM »
thanks for the update...many prayers for a speedy recovery <(' ')> <(' ')>

Offline dkatrip

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2008, 02:24:01 PM »
This is Dara's mom, and I feel what you are going through.  Destry and Dara should be together and go through their jaw surgeries together tomorrow. They can compare the liquid/mushy food their going to have to eat and have a contest as to which is the best.  Tell Destry that Dara says that pureed turkey is horrible.  My prayers are with you Destry.

Offline vlpoag

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2008, 02:39:57 PM »
hey went through this with my husband horse kicked him in the face broke every bone ,he had a wonderful doctor and no one can tell he had anthing wrong and you learn how to even have fried chicken through a straw just don't let them tell you how good that stuff in tha can is ,sent a case of it home and hubby took one smell and no way. destry it will be tuff but you will be alright we are thinking about you
"LET HIM RUN"

Offline DEB BARNES

• TRUELY BLESSED
  • Fossil
  • RIDING ON FAITH
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2008, 03:09:49 PM »
sending prayers your way destry and corky and family..get well soon , us barrel racers need you >angel< <(' ')>
HAVE FAITH GOD WILL SEE YOU THRU...

Offline threewishes

• Dinosaur!
  • GOD IS GREAT-BEER IS GOOD-& PEOPLE ARE CRAZY
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2008, 03:19:42 PM »
 praying angels around Destry and his whole family! <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')>  praying for a speedy recovery!
CowGirls don't Cry
Ride Baby Ride!