8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Destry?  (Read 17736 times)

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: Destry?
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2008, 03:46:01 PM »
I hope he doesn't try what Carl did when his jaw was wired shut...

Drinking Beer through a straw  :ROFL2:  :ROFL2:  :ROFL2:  :ROFL2:  :ROFL2:  :ROFL2:

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2008, 03:51:43 PM »
Ohhhh, sounds like he will get some use out of the blender!! Ritas every night! (woohoo) (woohoo)

Offline dkatrip

• Veteran Member
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2008, 04:30:12 PM »
Tell him I'm glad he's doing well.  Boy sounds like he will be unwired before Dara.  That's terrific!! 

Offline moonie3

• Novice Member
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2008, 06:32:39 PM »
PRAYERS FOR DESTRY FROM BRIDGET

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2008, 07:24:39 PM »
Sending lots of prayers for a speeding recovery.............. <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')>
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline Nell

• Fossil
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2008, 07:46:19 PM »
Glad everything went well, many healing prayers to Destry <(' ')> <(' ')>

Offline turnin horse power

« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2008, 08:34:40 PM »
 <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')>Prayers and speedy healing from the Molsbee's for you Destry. Corky you better make sure you are taking some good vitamins all the extra work your're going to be doing for a while

After breaking my shoulder in June O. M. did all the feeding at 5am for about 2 months before I could get around to being able to do it again.

Both of you take care

Offline Destry Fleming

• Mega Member
    • UWINMORE.COM
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2008, 11:31:40 PM »
Hey Everyone -  Corky here -

Just got home a few minutes ago..have a few things to do here, then have a huge project that I have to have turned in at work tomorrow by noon, then it's back off to Longview.

First of all, I want to thank everyone for their thoughts, prayers and concerns.  After seeing the truck and the accident scene, Destry is very very very lucky.  Although he still can't communicate very well with us, he has told us by nodding his head that he knows where he is and what has happened, but I don't think he knows or realizes how serious the accident really was.  The doctors are telling us that once he is off of the medication that is keeping him sedated, that most likely, he will not have any memory of the accident or any of the events up to and immediately after his surgery.

Tamet and Linda B - thank you so much for relaying messages on here- hugs to both of you.  So many stories were going around, you would not believe the phone calls that I received, or the people that I spoke with who had been given wrong or bad information.   So once again, just to clear up a few - Destry's truck never flipped or rolled and like was stated earlier, I can't even see a scratch or cut on his face anywhere.  He is very bruised, and very swollen but there are actually no lacerations on him anywhere.    The Dr.s plan on removing the respirator somewhere between 7 and 8 am Wed morning -  at that point, if everthing goes well, they will move him from SICU to either ICU or go ahead and move him to a room.  That all depends on how he responds to the resporator being removed.  After that, they want to slowly start him on food, and most likely, that will be thru a stomach tube for the first day, then after that, he should be able to eat/drink through a straw.   He has not had anything in his stomach (to eat) since Saturday, so they have to slowly bring his digestive system back up to speed, and given the fact that his jaw is wired shut, they have to do it slow, to make sure everything stays down.  We still don't have an exact day on when he will be coming home, we kinda figure it could be Thurs or Fri.

The entire staff at the hospital (except the janitor that I encountered when I first walked in the door on Sunday, but that's a whole new story, I think it had something to do with me walkin on his freshly mopped floor!) has been beyond exceptional!!!!  My hats off to them all!!!  A special thanks to Holly Hasty who works at the hospital, for checking on us from time to time.

For now, that's about all I have.   I'm pooped and going to hit the sack.

Thanks again to everyone for everything

Corky

Offline alepinto

« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2008, 06:39:35 AM »
Many prayers being sent your way Destry, it'll be rough going for awhile but I'm sure Corky will take good care of you.  God Bless you.
Martha Reeves

Offline Janet Wheeler

• Veteran Member
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2008, 08:29:50 AM »

Destry,
Glad things are going well.
Janet

rodeogirl2007

« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2008, 09:29:02 AM »
Destry you are in my prayers for a quick and speedy recovery!  God Bless you..... >angel< <(' ')>

Offline Rodeo Mom

• Dinosaur!
  • Huckleberry's Xtreme Barrel Race Jan 2 Bryan, Texa
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2008, 09:29:52 AM »
Destry you are in our prayers.  Hope to see you up and running soon <(' ')>
Takin' barrel racing to the Xtreme.....

Offline Sherry May

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • We ran a 21.263!
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2008, 10:06:22 AM »
Glad to hear that Destry will be ok.  Prayers for a speedy complete recovery.
Yesterday is history.
   Tomorrow a mystery.
      Today is a gift.
          That is why it is called the present.

Offline cjakerock

• Mega Member
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2008, 10:08:19 AM »
I just want to ask all the prayer warriors to please pray hard now as Destry has had a bad morning.  I will leave it up to Corky (or his messengers) to report anything further.  But please lets all PRAY right now as Destry needs us!
Till we meet again, I love you Dad 1/25/35 - 4/30/11

Offline LBrune

• Mega Member
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2008, 10:42:22 AM »
I just want to ask all the prayer warriors to please pray hard now as Destry has had a bad morning.  I will leave it up to Corky (or his messengers) to report anything further.  But please lets all PRAY right now as Destry needs us!
I don't have anything to add to this at the moment, Corky talked to my husband but as of yet I haven't called him.  But please, please say more prayers for Destry they are really needed at this time.