8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Destry?  (Read 17740 times)

Offline Wrap3

• Extreme Member
Re: Destry?
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2008, 10:44:48 AM »
More prayers for Destry and Corky!!! Praying everything is okay.

Offline barl5

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2008, 10:45:05 AM »
Many prayers for Destry.  <(' ')> (((((((HUGS)))))))) <(' ')> (((((((HUGS)))))))) <(' ')> (((((((HUGS))))))))

Offline vlpoag

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2008, 11:19:16 AM »
 <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')>  we will miss ya at belton but it will take time and you will be good as new
"LET HIM RUN"

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2008, 11:24:42 AM »
 <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')>

Offline Moonchaser

• Novice Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2008, 11:47:07 AM »
 <(' ')>Sending up more prayers for you Destry.   Hang in there, it will get better.

Offline Sherry May

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • We ran a 21.263!
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2008, 11:56:39 AM »
Prayers for Destry!  hang in there!
Yesterday is history.
   Tomorrow a mystery.
      Today is a gift.
          That is why it is called the present.

Offline debandbeau

• Da Sheriff
  • Mega Member
  • Home of the Brave!
    • Tahitian NONI Juice
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2008, 12:24:50 PM »
I'm sure this will be a roller coaster ride for Destry....but he is a strong soul.  Praying for you, Buddy.

Just think what a lean, mean, barrel racing machine he will be when he loses the weight (that he was wanting to do last time I saw him) and gets back in shape after this ordeal?!!!!! 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 01:02:42 PM by debandbeau »
"The ONLY thing that should be on your mind when you go down that alleyway is doing the best you can to help your horse do the best he can."     Kappy Allen

www.tahitiannoni.com/rodeo

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2008, 12:39:35 PM »
Will someone break my Jaw so I can go lean too?  >:D

Offline Renda

• Extreme Member
« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2008, 12:40:24 PM »
Many prayers for a quick easy recovery.

Offline Janet Wheeler

• Veteran Member
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2008, 12:55:14 PM »
Prayers for Destry this morning, keep us updated.

Offline Destry Fleming

• Mega Member
    • UWINMORE.COM
« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2008, 02:21:36 PM »
Just a quick update - As was mentioned earlier, Destry had a tough time this morning, but they have him stabilized now, and he is once again sedated.  I just talked to his mom a few minutes ago, and he has continued to make improvements throughout the morning.  I am about to leave and head out back to Longview to the hospital. As of right now, we will not know until Friday at the earliest as to when we can bring him home, but more than likely it will not be until middle of the week next week.  Once again, thanks to everyone for the prayers and support.

Corky
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 02:25:29 PM by Destry Fleming »

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2008, 03:18:26 PM »
Thanks for the update. Sending lots of prayers for a quick recovery <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')>
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline debandbeau

• Da Sheriff
  • Mega Member
  • Home of the Brave!
    • Tahitian NONI Juice
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2008, 03:40:30 PM »
Corky, please take this time to keep yourself rested!  You will not have time when Destry comes home.  So, rest, sleep, eat........and PLEASE be careful driving back and forth. 

If you need ANYTHING, just post it on here, and we'll rally together to help you.

Love and prayers,
Deb
"The ONLY thing that should be on your mind when you go down that alleyway is doing the best you can to help your horse do the best he can."     Kappy Allen

www.tahitiannoni.com/rodeo

Offline dkatrip

• Veteran Member
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2008, 08:53:46 PM »
Corky tell Destry that Dara and her family is still praying for him.  We hope he has a quick recovery.  Many prayers from the Abbott's. 

Offline krape

• Elite Member
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2008, 08:56:19 AM »
 <HI>Just a little update and maybe a couple of suggestions.  Carolyn Oglesby and I went to Longview last night (Wed.) to check on Destry.  The nurses told us at 8 pm we could go in and see him.  In the meantime his mother returned for the 8 pm visit and we visited with her for sometime.  They have had a few days of ups and downs with Destry.  He is still on the respirator and as the lungs heal a little at a time they will try to wean him off.  They are keeping him sedated right now as he gets a little agitated when he is more awake (imagine that LOL).  They need him to stay quite and calm, we did not go in to see him because after talking to his mom we realized he does not need visitors right now.  It is best for him to stay quite and heal more.  Later he will probably enjoy visitors.  We need to really keep Destry in our prayers as it will be quite a long healing process.

Corky was spending the night at home and he and his other staff were trying to take care of the Belton race and entries and prepare for that.  It's very possible that Corky may not be able to be there at all.  Emily and I will not be able to go to Belton as she runs at WBR Friday and then we have to rush home for her High School Rodeo in Lufkin on Saturday and Sunday.  It only stands to reason that they will be very short handed at Belton and would probably appreciate any help anyone can give them when you are not riding.  For example, in the office, setting barrels, the back gate, checking people in stall and getting shavings.  They will be spread pretty thing.  I know that anyone of you that will be at Belton will help out where you can, that's just the way barrel racers are.

The other thing is Destry and Corky were obiligated to do the ground at the WPRA Finals in Tulsa the week of November 17-22, 2008.  I don't know what they are going to do about that but I did let Corky know by email that Emily and I would be there from the 20th - 23rd and we would help out when Emily was not running.  I don't know what all help they might need.  Just a thought for all to keep in mind.

Just keep praying for Destry and help his mom and Corky and all to get through this and MAY GOD BLESS AND KEEP THEM ALL.  We love you Destry, keep fighting.

Kathy