8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Who would you recommend to do a conversion.... Well mine is ready..... w/pics  (Read 7602 times)

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
Re: Who would you recommend to do a conversion.... and why them?
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2008, 09:06:03 PM »
Mandi, it looks GREAT!!  You have the same space as I do. I wish I had a shower in mine...or a sink! BUT I will put a cowgirl shower in mine one day. I am happy to have cabinet doors  <NOT WORTHY> <NOT WORTHY> <NOT WORTHY> Sher would have known a number for some one local....She could have coaxed you back into the house too!!  <()> <()>

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2008, 09:07:37 PM »
Where did you get the nite light? I need one for a gift... *:o

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2008, 09:09:26 PM »
A friend of mine tried to steal mine out of my trailer...she bought a new one, but it is too big.......So, I want to find her another one!!

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2008, 09:14:34 PM »
I bought it, on sale, at Target way back in January or February. It's really cute in person too!! It's kinda a rustic metal with little holes to let the light through.
I don't really know why I have it in there. I have to unplug it to sleep. LOL!

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2008, 09:19:38 PM »
Since my trailer has to be plugged into the truck for interior lights (no bat box yet) I have a light with a switch on the head board. Its a cute little night light with a cowgirl on it. It is metal like your ceiling!! I love it! I also keep one plugged into my bench close to the step. I always kept it one till Wacko...It bothered me that weekend! Now i have those pull down blinds and BOY it gets DARK in there!! YAY!

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2008, 09:28:52 PM »
Day/night shades or something else?

I gotta decide what I'm going to do with my windows. The shades are just too pricey for my conversion. I'm leaning towards extra thick/darkening type curtains. I'm going to put them on a rod so they can be opened if necessary. I am going to use "patterened" material for both sides (so the "pretty" side shows to the inside AND outside) and then I'm going to use curtain liner material (used to make "homemade" curtains thick and more light resistant) inbetween those layers to keep the lights out when I wanna sleep.

Right now, I've got towels stapled over my windows. LOL!!!

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2008, 09:29:31 PM »
:\\(((  Alais... my trailer is still at the shop being worked on.. should be ready the monday or tuesday of turkey week... possibly this next week but I'm ok with the following week.. I bought my own ice box/microwave/flat screen TV... they had to order me a diffrent shower pan...the 2 they had I didn't like.. so I know a little delay in that...
As soon as I get my hot little hands on it I will post pictures!!!
What kinda shower pan are you getting?

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2008, 09:32:16 PM »
I gotta go get another Microwave. I bought one, but decided it was too big for the space I re-designated for it (the open cabinet space above the sink will actually become closed in cabinets with doors and the microwave is going in there). The one I bought was bigger than the one I have in my house. I don't really know WTH I was thinking when I bought it. I'm just glad i got it back to Lowe's before it was too late (I was on like day 84 of the 90 allowed when I returned it).

For the time being, I've just lived off sandwiches and Salads when I go somewhere and stay overnight. I meant to take my Foreman grill last weekend (you can make awesome grilled cheese sandwiches with one), but I forgot and it wouldn't have mattered anyhow - I didn't eat much last weekend.

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2008, 09:32:56 PM »
Mandi, mine are the roll up day/night shades. Cost a whole $5 each. I had to cut them down, but that was not hard. I will hang curtains up soon. I just had to have something up! I was packing pillows up against them!!  (woohoo) (woohoo) (woohoo)

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
  • The WORD works for those who work the WORD!!
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2008, 09:34:08 PM »
It's a corner but made a little diffrent to allow for more storage space.. the one corner they had was LONG and would have taken up a lot of room on the long wall.. its only a 7 1/2 ft short
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 06:04:51 PM by josies jockey »
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2008, 09:35:34 PM »
Mandi, mine are the roll up day/night shades. Cost a whole $5 each. I had to cut them down, but that was not hard. I will hang curtains up soon. I just had to have something up! I was packing pillows up against them!!  (woohoo) (woohoo) (woohoo)
WHERE can I get some? May save me some sewing energy (which is good because the shower curtain will require a lot).

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2008, 09:37:07 PM »
UM, i got mine at ritters. They come in sizes, but they had some odd ones on sale! Ritters is our local Ace!

Offline Mandi

• Fossil

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
  • The WORD works for those who work the WORD!!
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2008, 09:58:49 PM »
The first one of those 'kinda' looks like the one I picked but not really... I don't know that wasn't the book we looked in to order it from....
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2008, 08:27:16 AM »
Jazz was kinda difficult to work with because I have to get everything through a distributor. There aren't any in my area and most are far enough away that I would rather ship than drive to pick stuff up. The shipping for an ENTIRE shower (I built my own walls because of this) was like $400. CRAZY!
They've got some really nice stuff on their website, but getting it was such a headache that I quit using them for supplies.